2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as good of a career Corey Crawford’s had, he’s got the worst taste in pads.  I imagine there’s some hockey pseudo science in going all black everything, but ugh. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If the Habs upset the Penguins, give up their shot at Lafrenière, only to get obliterated in the second round, that would be the worst.

This new system puts teams in a position never seen before. Every qualified team are legitimately in it for not one but two prizes being given to two of the lucky teams: The Stanley Cup and The First Overall Pick.

I'm a true Canadiens fan. Under normal circumstances, I'd be all in for the Habs winning the Cup, if they were in standard playoffs. But now in this scenario, they have to make the Cup finals and win it, at this point. If they're going to sacrifice their shot at this franchise foward, they have to win it all and anything less will be deemed an unacceptable failure. They've been missing an elite player to build around for decades and plus he's from Quebec, that's something a lot of fans want as well. This is a unique situation, that's for sure.

Although I was pretty happy with what I saw from the Caps in their exhibition game, I have serious doubts about Todd Reirden's ability to lead the team to the cup as head coach. Too often throughout this season, it seemed as though he was just letting the star players do what they wanted instead of actually coaching. Plus, the defense under his leadership has been atrocious. Sure, Holtby could've played a little better throughout the regular season* but the defense in front of him was often a huge liability. (I thought Reirden was supposed to be a good defensive-minded coach when we hired him, or at least that's what everyone who seemed to know more than me said.) Either way, if the playoffs continue without a hitch (knock on wood) and Ovechkin isn't lifting the Cup, I want Reirden fired. 

*I thought he played well in the exhibition game, to be fair

I honestly want the Rangers to win the cup.

Then again, the Leafs will be the other team to cheer with should the former be eliminated by Carolina.

But in all for the sake of the on-ice product, I can truly hear every players' voices, skates hitting ice and pucks getting slapped because the fans' noise almost covers these three.

3 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

The Blue Jackets pitch a shutout in a playoff game, what a truly strange world we live in.

Until this post I’d forgotten that they gave up at least 3 goals in something like their first 23 playoff games ever. Brave new world. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Remember when the Blue Jackets were supposed to be bad because the lost so many players in the offseason? 

When Bobrovsky got traded, I thought that would be the end of the Jackets sneaking into the playoffs for a while. But then, Elvis got his shot between the pipes and then all of a sudden, I remember seeing a headline on sports news somewhere that he got multiple straight shutouts a row.

Archived