2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

Are the Rangers starting Lundqvist because they want him to have one final shot at winning a cup or because they want to have a shot at getting Lafreniere? Because either way just seems humiliating for him. 

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling the Hurricanes would win the series, but I didn't realize it would be like this. I thought despite the playoff inexperience/youth on the roster, they'd at least win one game. 

So both 12s have the 5s on the ropes, as well as the 11-seeded Coyotes against the Preds.

Now, given the circumstances of this season, I'm not complaining about this format*. Strange circumstances yield strange decisions to be made. So if upsets happen, then upsets happen. What cannot be allowed to happen is the NHL seeing these upsets (potentially) and thinking "you know what? Lets make this a permanent thing", and the only reason I have this concern in the first place is because we all know the NHL is stupid enough to do that.

Whatever the urge is, don't do it. 

*I'm also a fan of a team who managed to stay above the fracas, so there's that.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off if The Blackhawks & Canadians, teams that have absolutely no business whatsoever being anywhere near the playoffs, actually get in. 

Yea, I stayed up late for nothing, seeing the lousy ass Oil let me down yet again. First Mike Smith forgets to stop hockey pucks, then Driasaital and McDavid have been dragging the rest of Edmonton along, not getting help when they need it. I mean, I didn't think the Hawks were as bad as their record showed, but I did think the Oilers would've had a 2-1 edge moving forward. We're another round upset away from "LOLHAWKSWIN" coming back into effect. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

19 hours ago, _J_ said:

I hate the seeding round idea. If it was added onto the regular season sure, but this now means nothing.

I like it because it gives those Top 4 teams some stakes in their games while their future 1st round opponents are playing actual playoff games. It'd be hard for those higher seeds to ramp up from scrimmage games straight into a best of 7 series against a team who's been playing high-intensity games for at least a week. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off if The Blackhawks & Canadians, teams that have absolutely no business whatsoever being anywhere near the playoffs, actually get in. 

It'll be funny...until the Penguins end up with the first overall pick. 

T1oYViW.png

15 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Maybe this time it won't be rigged for them. 

Uh huh, in the game that is probably the hardest to rig there is, because it’s on ice and the puck is probably the hardest thing to work with in any sport.

1 hour ago, selby56 said:

It'll be funny...until the Penguins end up with the first overall pick. 

The Habs were trailing by 2. When the Penguins thought about the possible Crosby/Malkin/Lafrenière line of terror mid-game, they wanted to lose.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Uh huh, in the game that is probably the hardest to rig there is, because it’s on ice and the puck is probably the hardest thing to work with in any sport.

He’s talking about rigging the draft lottery. The Penguins winning the Crosby lottery after the lockout has always been fishy. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived