2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, apparently Taylor Hall won't win the draft lottery this year.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, Dynasty said:

It's like the most common upsets in sports come from the 12th seeds. Being 5th is too dangerous now.

Agreed but is it really a True Upset anymore? I mean the League is more balanced now than it has ever been, in terms of Player Quality. Sure you still have Teams that don't have the Generational Talent like a Crosby or Ovechkin or McJesus but it doesn't matter. Blue Jackets swept the Lightning (Stamkos / Kucherov), Islanders swept the Penguins (Crosby / Malkin)

The league is almost as balanced as the ratio of lowercase to capital letters in your posts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

For the first time since I was a senior in high school, the Flyers are the top seed in the Eastern Conference. I am 38 now.

Tough matchup against the Canadiens in the first round.

That year(2000) is closer to your birth year then it is now. Holy crap. That was the infamous Stevens on Lindros hit.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

3 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm surprised at how unsurprised I am that the team that won the President's Trophy ended up going 0-3 in the seeding games, not having lead a game for a single minute. 

And now they get the "pleasure" of playing a red-hot Canes team that's probably looking for revenge for last year's Conference Finals. Considering how Boston's been playing for the whole Round Robin, I dunno if I like their chances of beating Carolina in an actual playoff series that much.

Archived