2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, the admiral said:

This seems to be part of a pattern for Svechnikov: last year he goaded Ovechkin, betting that the Capitals' best player wouldn't take himself off the ice by punching a yappy little brat in the mouth. He lost the bet. He seems to be uniquely bad at engaging physically imposing superstar players. What a strange trait. They should write a dance routine about it.

Did the Storm Surges dump your sister right before the prom or something? You never pass up an opportunity to bring them up and complain. 

T1oYViW.png

Came out in the second period and looked flat. Passing was a touch off, breakouts weren't as crisp and they were constantly a step away from hitting the odd man rush. Frustrating because it was a couple of unremarkable goals from Tampa's third line (which is killing us) that did them in. Korpisalo was good enough to win again. Holding the Lightning to 2 goals and Kucherov to zero points should win the game. I think the Jackets are running out of gas and their game needs them to be at full-go to work. The bill for blowing game 4 to Toronto came in the marathon game 1 overtime, but they're still paying it off. Heavy forechecking and multi-layered defense and intense backchecking is a tiring way to make a living as an NHL team, but it's this roster's only option at this point. They have a Panarin sized hole on the top line, they have a Josh Anderson sized hole on the second line, and they don't have a 2C. Beating the Maple Leafs and listening to the center of hockey media gripe about it was fun to experience for a few days and built some nice experience for the younger players, but this team's probably gone farther already than I could've realistically hoped. Any additional wins after this are gravy. 

I won't even talk about the offsides replay that erased their early goal because he was clearly offsides and the rule is the rule. I will say that it happened FORTY seconds after the zone entry and Tampa touched it multiple times in their own zone, which is just kind of lame. There needs to be a statute of limitations on challenging an offsides and if you possess and turn it over in your own zone then you forfeit the right to challenge. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 hours ago, selby56 said:

Did the Storm Surges dump your sister right before the prom or something? You never pass up an opportunity to bring them up and complain. 

It's his schtick to dump on anyone enjoying themselves. You get used to it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Blackhawks didn’t get swept - Bickell extensions all around. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, speedy said:

Plenty of reasons to hate Boston sports, but hating them because of an announcer 90% of the fan base also hates is a lame one.

Andy Brinkley is one of the best color guys in hockey - calls it like it is, doesn't mince words, I think he's great. Edwards on the other hand is a blowhard who gets off on saying outlandish crap at the expense of quality broadcasting. He's a dolt, and I choose the national broadcast over NESN whenever given the opportunity. 

Speedy, I sent you a private message.

39 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Did I hear right, The NHL is going to do some re-seeding crap after the 1st round?
So basically instead of playing either the Islanders or Capitals, The Bruins could also be facing Tampa or Philly?

That is correct. The announced format for the 2020 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs called for the First and Second Rounds to feature a seeded format, rather than a bracket. As of this moment, the most likely scenario is Boston facing Tampa Bay in the Second Round. 

43 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Did I hear right, The NHL is going to do some re-seeding crap after the 1st round? 

So basically instead of playing either the Islanders or Capitals, The Bruins could also be facing Tampa or Philly?

That's kind of garbage. 

The most likely opponent is Tampa - and, through different means, the same thing happened in 2018 where the Lightning and Bruins had the highest point totals in the East and met in the 2nd round - but they could also end up facing the Isles/Caps winner, but only if the Habs come back to beat the Flyers, which is unlikely.

spacer.png

I can understand for the 1st round, especially considering the Qualifying games & not wanting the top teams to get rusty. 

But re-doing the whole 2nd round just doesn't make sense. The bracket was set, so it doesn't seem to serve a purpose. 

And here I was excited to see Bruins vs. Islanders, with Halak going against his old team. 😔

Archived