Gary

2019-2020 NHL Thread

17 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I can understand for the 1st round, especially considering the Qualifying games & not wanting the top teams to get rusty. 

But re-doing the whole 2nd round just doesn't make sense. The bracket was set, so it doesn't seem to serve a purpose. 

And here I was excited to see Bruins vs. Islanders, with Halak going against his old team. 😔

It's the way the NHL has done it from 1993-94 up until this current system was put in place. It's also the system that, using the very unscientific method of talking to the people I talk to, that NHL fans want to return to.

And honestly? It's the most fair system. Best team should always play the weakest team left.

18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

why did i expect us to not fall victim to the same :censored:ing curse that's plagued arizona sports since forever

What curse? The Coyotes lost to a far superior team and only got to do that because a pandemic interrupted the regular season. If it's any consolation, you're not even from there.

21 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

of :censored:ing course

of :censored:ing course

why did i expect us to not fall victim to the same :censored:ing curse that's plagued arizona sports since forever

If anything, the Coyotes have the bad juju that comes with relocation.

They're saddled with the abnormal luck that comes with a relocation. But, they also ran into a much more superior team in the Avalanche.

If getting Taylor Hall, Phil Kessel, and Niklas Hjalmarsson in trades for ham sandwiches is a curse, what's a blessing?

On 8/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

Did I hear right, The NHL is going to do some re-seeding crap after the 1st round? 

So basically instead of playing either the Islanders or Capitals, The Bruins could also be facing Tampa or Philly?

That's kind of garbage. 

Counterpoint: 1-8 re-seeding is how the playoffs should be every year instead of the pseudo-divisional format the league uses.

the islanders won a playoff series in toronto before john tavares.

59 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

the islanders won a playoff series in toronto before john tavares.

Time for UrinatingTree to update that Leafs vid I posted a couple pages ago to include that

Flames are not dead yet, 3-1 lead after the 1st period.

19 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

They're dead.

52 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

4-3 Stars 5 minutes into the 2nd period.

Edit: 6-3 Stars.

Sometimes I don't know why I cheer for this team. Their only Cup came before I was even a year old; basically my entire life has been nothing but cheering for underachieving, incompetence and failure.

Flames.

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Allowing 5 goals in 1 period......after leading 3-1

Flames.......This is why you're considered the Redheaded stepchild of the Canadian NHL teams.

Since they gone.. The Flames getting new uniforms in the off-season would be nice and overdue

Everbody dumps on the Wild for being mediocre, but the Flames are right up there with them.

They won the 1989 Cup, didn’t win another playoff series until 2004 where they made it to the finals then didn’t win another series until 2015 and haven’t won one since.

They’ve got four playoff series wins in the last 31 years and three of those wins were in the same playoffs.

Did anyone bother to show up; or were they too busy scheming behind Reirden's back to actually try?

54 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Did anyone bother to show up; or were they too busy scheming behind Reirden's back to actually try?

No one showed up last night. I wouldn't be surprised if Reirden stays and the roster is substantially overhauled during the off-season.

Might be a long time for the Caps to get to the Final again.