2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE GOT A TRADE!

The Penguins acquired Kasperi Kapanen, Jesper Lindgren and Pontus Aberg from the Toronto Maple Leafs, in exchange for Evan Rodrigues, Filip Hallander, David Warsofsky and the 15th overall pick in the 2020 Draft.

...Pittsburgh now doesn't have a first rounder for the next two drafts. 😬 

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Gotta say, I'm not looking forward to The Bruins either playing Halak for the 3rd time in 4 nights, or using a 3rd string goalie that has never played an NHL Game. 😣

He’s played in a few NHL games from 2017-19 with the knights, I just don’t believe he’s ever had a game where he let in less than 4 goals either...

31 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Arizona getting hammered on those sanctions. Chayka really did that team dirty. 

Mother:censored:er ditched the team before the play-ins and left us without a GM, and now without draft picks that could've been really :censored:ing important to this team, just to go flirt with the Devils' ownership group and gets no repercussions for it while the team he left gets crippled in a deep draft.

I hope Chayka never gets an NHL job again. Dirty snake.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Ridleylash said:

2015 - 2nd in the division, 108 points, choke against the Blackhawks in the Finals

They lost to a team with four Hall of Famers (and a top-three-all-time coach), one of whom was the MVP of the playoffs. That's not a choke, that's a tough matchup that didn't go your way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Halak is not at the level of play he was from 2008-2010.

On the other hand, he was still putting up numbers before the pandemic. And with his history of inconsistency, now that he had a terrible game tonight and was pulled, maybe he'll be unstoppable in Game 4 and finally get himself a playoff shutout. Usually, I'd say that a veteran in decline is past his prime. But it's been a crazy year, so now I'm not counting anything out.

After all, my last place Habs won a best-of-5 against a top seed, to quality for the NHL playoffs in the most epic tank fail in recent history.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:34 PM, tp49 said:

In Lou and Trotz we trust!  One game at a time.  One game at a time.  LGI!!!

We stole one away from you guys that you had every right stealing from us.

I still think the Islanders are the better team. They have been more physical in the neutral zone and on the forechecking.

8 hours ago, JayMac said:

We stole one away from you guys that you had every right stealing from us.

I still think the Islanders are the better team. They have been more physical in the neutral zone and on the forechecking.

We have a really bad habit of playing one terrible period per game.  I came close to turning the game off after the first yesterday out of frustration.  Glad I didn't.  If the Isles play their game they can take on anyone.  When they don't it gets ugly fast.  It's also how you guys look to me.  If they play like they did in the first period yesterday they're unstoppable.  It's when they don't they look lost.

Like I said one game at a time.  We'll see what the next one brings.

Archived