Gary

2019-2020 NHL Thread

Landeskog's out tonight for Colorado's steadily-increasing mountain of bodies.

If the Islanders had even average goaltending last night that game never goes to OT and the Isles are preparing to play Tampa.  Varlamov was very shaky.  Trotz has to go with Greiss in Game 7.

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

More like Stars, Knights, AND Islanders. 

eh, the only team currently doing the choke are the Stars. Islanders-Flyers has been really weird as I noted last night and the Golden Knights are in the process of getting Halak'd via Demko. Maybe you can throw in the other two depending on what happens Game 7 (for the love of god don't, Isles), but the Stars are the one really falling apart, especially given almost everybody but MacKinnon's been out hurt for the Avs

Salad Bars, ladies and gentlemen. Salad. Bars.

Really wish we got a Stars - Bruins Final last year. 

Always had a soft spot for Dallas (back when they were the North Stars) so I'm happy for them. 

Unfortunately, I still don't see any West team beating Tampa.

I guarantee some Bruins fans are now raging about letting Khudobin walk. 

3 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Joel Kiviranta has gotta be one of the unlikeliest game 7 heros of all time. 

From scratch and injury backup to the clutchest performance this entire playoffs. Hot damn.

That was a heart-breaking exit for the Avalanche. The Avs were such a fun time to watch all year, and this series with Dallas was fantastic. Even with the injuries and the third string goalie, I thought they were going to pull off the comeback.

I'll now be rooting for the Canucks to get a Canadian team the cup again. But, Vegas/Dallas would be an incredibly physical series and a lot of fun to watch.

This Game 7 feels like it's going to be all Vegas for 99.9% of the game, then Vancover will get one sole good shot and take it.

As of now, Vegas has one goal to hold on to. All they need is to resist the offence and they'll be good to go.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to throw a hail Mary and say that Vegas are going to win the Stanley Cup this season.

This one hurts.  Not that they deserved to take it but damn... this really hurts.

Vegas vs. Dallas was the WCF I wanted last year. 

Vegas is the only team I think could beat Tampa though. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

This one hurts.  Not that they deserved to take it but damn... this really hurts.

Worse than 2011? 

Tonight's result aside, I'm extremely proud of this team.  Before the season started my hopes peaked at making the playoffs and winning a single game.  They beat the defending Champs and took what will likely be this years winner to the brink after everyone had written them off.

21 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Worse than 2011? 

You experienced what the Canucks did in 2011 last year, what do you think...

20 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

You experienced what the Canucks did in 2011 last year, what do you think...

Oddly 2019 didn't hurt as much as 2013. 

Honestly  this year had me more annoyed than last because the damn President's trophy curse, and getting gobsmacked by Tampa again ( whicfh I saw cominga mile away).

At least they made the Finals last year. 

Damnit, I was rooting for the Canucks in that one. Not only do I absolutely :censored:ing hate the Golden Knights but Thatcher Demko is a San Diegan. If the Canucks win the Cup, I might get a chance to see it in person for the second time after Chad Ruhwedel brought it out here in 2017. I guess that won't be happening this year.

9 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Damnit, I was rooting for the Canucks in that one.

Crazy :lol: