2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would they be allowed to?  Does the two-year thing get waived in a situation like this?  Does NHL even have a two-year thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Would they be allowed to?  Does the two-year thing get waived in a situation like this?  Does NHL even have a two-year thing?

The Isles introduced their current logo in 2017, so it's been four years; technically longer, if you consider it's time as an alternate logo from 2011 to 2017. They could do it if they wanted to, I would think.

Personally, I'd want them to re-add the lighthouse logo onto the shoulders so they can encompass all of the team's history...but I have a feeling that, if they win the Cup, they might pull a St. Louis and bring the Fisherman back as an alternate jersey anyways. It's become too popular amongst Isles fans for me to not see that as a possibility, especially with how so many teams are throwing back to their 90's looks lately.

53 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Personally, I'd want them to re-add the lighthouse logo onto the shoulders so they can encompass all of the team's history...but I have a feeling that, if they win the Cup, they might pull a St. Louis and bring the Fisherman back as an alternate jersey anyways. It's become too popular amongst Isles fans for me to not see that as a possibility, especially with how so many teams are throwing back to their 90's looks lately.

There is some of the team's history that would be best left forgotten and the portion that the Gorton's Fisherman and the Lighthouse encompass is just that history that should be left in the past and buried.  I don't see Lou Lamoriello or ownership going for this either as a warm up jersey once or twice a season maybe but not as an alternate.  Further, I don't know that the fishsticks stuff is all that popular among Isles fans.  I don't see a lot of it at games when I go and they don't have much of it for sale in the team store.

37 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Kramerica will beg to differ but I don't see Tampa choking this time.  This is their year to win it.

Still need to win seven more games. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they are the best team left standing - I don't think it's even close, to be honest - but all that reinforces is the expectation that they are the last one's standing in a few weeks time. If not now, with these teams remaining, then when, right? This has set up pretty damn well for them. Didn't have to face the Capitals in the second round, a team that has had their number forever. Didn't have to face the Penguins at any point. Don't have to worry about the defending champions or the Avalanche coming out of the West if they reach the Final. Las Vegas isn't a joke but I'd take my chances with them over St. Louis or Colorado for sure (if Las Vegas themselves reach the Final).

So, you know, no excuses and no dicking around. And, if tonight is any indication, they aren't. Hopefully this remains the case.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

This has gotta mean Eugene's bleeding money like crazy, right?

It better. If COVID isn’t still a thing by the time he sells, I’m expecting a full-on city-wide celebration. The only thing that trumps Melnyk selling will be winning the Cup.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I remember when Melnyk saved the Senators the last time broke ownership couldn't pay their employees. Much like the Blues, owning the Senators is a license to print money that turns into a license to lose money. It's like the Krusty doll with the switch that's accidentally set to evil.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived