2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Hopefully Vegas can come back from the grave and break the 'losing on Game 7' curse. I vote for their 2nd appearance in the finals.

The Stars haven't been to the Cup Finals since before the salary cap was in place. Vegas was in it two seasons ago.

Plus, as a Coyotes fan, I'm obligated to dislike the Knights.

1 hour ago, waltere said:

Losing in 5 games to a really good team in the Stanley Cup Finals in your first damn year of existence as a team should in no possible way be considered heartbreak.

Yeah, try spinning that one to our Blue Jackets friends here who had to wait 19 years just to win one playoff series (had to wait 10 seasons just to make the playoffs at all). Or any fans of any of the expansion teams old enough to remember the early days of those franchises. Las Vegas fans were handed a golden ticket compared to anyone else.

spacer.png

Yeah they Golden Knights have more Conference Trophies than the Blue Jackets, Wild, Coyotes, and the Jets... Considering how long those other franchises have been playing, Vegas shouldn’t consider themselves unlucky or heartbroken, or anything else like that. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Golden Knights 1st 2 seasons were full of heartbreak.

- Lost the Stanley Cup in Year 1.

- Blew a 3-goal lead in the 3rd in a Game 7 that they should have won in Year 2.

That's like.....an impressive record considering they are in their third year.

1 hour ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

That's like.....an impressive record considering they are in their third year.

It is impressive for an expansion team, for sure. They still came up short of a championship, though. Losing the title I gotta imagine always has some level of disapointment felt, but they did certainly exceed expectations. They experienced highs and lows.

8 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Yeah, try spinning that one to our Blue Jackets friends here who had to wait 19 years just to win one playoff series (had to wait 10 seasons just to make the playoffs at all). Or any fans of any of the expansion teams old enough to remember the early days of those franchises. Las Vegas fans were handed a golden ticket compared to anyone else.

Or being a 38 year old fan of a hockey team who hasn't won a Cup in 45 years

Fun fact. Even coming off BACK TO BACK CUPS, the Penguins have had more heartbreak since 2017-2018 than Vegas has. The Penguins also, rightfully, haven't experience real heartbreak recently and won twice before that.

Still though, it's more heartbreak than Vegas.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I demand Tampa Bay to win against Dallas in the finals!

How about no? Tampa's been in the finals since the cap came into place, Dallas hasn't. I'm pretty sure like 30/32 fanbases are rooting for the Stars at this point.

And if the Islanders win the ECF, then the real nightmare begins! It'll be long before 2020 is finally over, and either these two team will be the bane of my existence.

Pray to God the Lightning will deny the Stars the trophy. And make 2020 great again!

1 minute ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

And if the Islanders win the ECF, then the real nightmare begins! It'll be long before 2020 is finally over, and either these two team will be the bane of my existence.

Pray to God the Lightning will deny the Stars the trophy. And make 2020 great again!

2020 was never great.

Archived