2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

3 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Pray to God the Lightning will deny the Stars the trophy. And make 2020 great again!

I'd rather the Finals have two teams that haven't been to the Finals since before the salary cap was introduced over having a team that can't ever actually finish anything worth a damn.

The Lightning have had multiple golden chances at a Cup the last decade and blown every single one of them.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see Dallas make it to the Finals, just like everyone knew they would, right? 😄

I was hoping they'd make it last year, as I wanted a Bruins - Stars Final (my 2 favorite teams) But I'm glad they have a chance this year. 

Hope they kick the crap out of the lightning. Get Big Ben Bishop his Cup!

Also Bruins fans are going to be incredibly salty when they realize Khudobin made The Finals. LOL

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I'd rather the Finals have two teams that haven't been to the Finals since before the salary cap was introduced over having a team that can't ever actually finish anything worth a damn.

The Lightning have had multiple golden chances at a Cup the last decade and blown every single one of them.

The last time I checked, both Dallas and Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup before the salary cap was introduced. And Tampa Bay had two chances before. Even if Dallas have more cup chances than Tampa Bay, I'd still want the lightning to win.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, habsfan1 said:

The Golden Knights 1st 2 seasons were full of heartbreak.

- Lost the Stanley Cup in Year 1.

- Blew a 3-goal lead in the 3rd in a Game 7 that they should have won in Year 2.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

A new Stars cup will hopefully shut up the “Bring Back the All-Star Template” crowd. Seriously, that template blows. 

Even if they did bring it back, it wouldn't be a factor of winning one. Just because Pittsburgh did it with two cups doesn't meant others expect to do the same. Look at Washington. Their jerseys are not good yet they managed to bring the cup back to DC against Vegas.

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Tampa Bay are favorites and it feels like they have what it takes to overcome what happened last year.

But I'm not counting out Dallas. Anyway, it'll be a fun Final no matter who's in it.

Tampa Bay are a win away from getting into the final.

I don't know how much it matters since Cooper has maintained he's not ready to come back but Stamkos was skating at the Lightning practice today.  I wonder if Tampa would consider sitting the Schenn just to have Stamkos in on power plays.

IUe6Hvh.png

Capitals hire Peter Laviolette as HC.

Wishing it was Gerard Gallant, but at least it wasn't Mike Babcock.

Hiring Babcock IMO, would've been a humungous mistake, and set the team back a few years. It would've probably put them on the same track as Toronto (and Edmonton, despite not being coached by Babcock) is right now. A direct train ride, on the fast track; to the waystation known as Cap Hell.

So I'm okay with the hiring; especially considering what they could have gone with. (Hopefully, the meeting with Mike was just to keep up appearances...)

Also apparently, they may or may not have talked with BBQ Bruce Boudreau. Because that's what we as Caps fans want. To go back to 2009 and get pimpsmacked as the President's Trophy winners by Montreal. Washington burned while Bruce played the fiddle from his barbecue stand.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

A new Stars cup will hopefully shut up the “Bring Back the All-Star Template” crowd. Seriously, that template blows. 

I mean, St. Louis brought their weird 90's jerseys back to celebrate their Cup win this season. Don't see how it's impossible the Stars would do something similar if they win the Cup.

The weird 90's stuff is "in", so I wouldn't be shocked if we see some more of it coming in the next few seasons, especially as 90's teams start celebrating anniversaries. The Sharks' 30th is next season, after all. Then it's Tampa and Ottawa the year after, Anaheim and Florida a year after that, etc. etc.

Archived