Gary

2019-2020 NHL Thread

I'm sure there's a third period rush coming with the season on the line but Dallas looks exhausted.

40 minutes ago, See Red said:

I'm sure there's a third period rush coming with the season on the line but Dallas looks exhausted.

The surge began with 10 minutes left in the 3rd. It arrived too late...

On 8/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

You can't win in the playoffs with a goaltender who's mentality as soft as Charmin.

As long as Andrei Vasilevskiy is the Lightning starter - and his contract suggests he will be for a long time to come - they're never going to come close to winning anything of relevance. Feel free to quote me on this, because the only way someone's going to Freezing Cold Takes me on this to me is under good circumstances.

Good call, dumbass.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, habsfan1 said:

One win away from ending the choking memes and UrinatingTree's 2020 "Congrats, Lightning!" video will be cancelled.

Good on you, Lightning. Way to redeem yourselves!

Despite how great he was, this was Vasilevski's only shutout of the playoffs.  Says a lot about this team that he might have been fourth in line for the Conn Smythe.

19 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

:censored:, you know what this means?

Dallas could give every single doubters the middle finger by winning the whole thing in Game 7.

Anyone got a panic button ready?

Okay, throw that damn panic button out of the bloody window boys! Rejoice and take in the good news!

Was really hoping The Stars would pull of an improbable run like The Blues. 

Nothing against Tampa, but I just find them a boring team to watch. First time in a while I really don't care about a team winning The Cup. 

It all started with the re-match from last year.

Round 1. Game 1 vs Columbus.

It went to 5 Overtimes.

Had Columbus somehow won that OT game, even just a lucky bounce, I can't help but wonder how it would have affected Tampa's momentum, moving foward. If CBJ gets the upper hand twice, I don't know if Tampa gets this far...

I didn't care in 2004 and I care even less now.  The worst part about tonight is it means the dull-as-dishwater, Toronto/Detroit, O6-dressup uniforms are forever. 

27 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

It all started with the re-match from last year.

Round 1. Game 1 vs Columbus.

It went to 5 Overtimes.

Had Columbus somehow won that OT game, even just a lucky bounce, I can't help but wonder how it would have affected Tampa's momentum, moving foward. If CBJ gets the upper hand twice, I don't know if Tampa gets this far...

I don't know... this team actually dealt with adversity during the year and has some semblance of perserverance unlike last year's team which just cruised and didn't know how to respond when they got punched in the mouth.

But yeah, that game was huge.  Kudos to the Lightning... they were embarrassed last year and actually took a lesson from it. And thankfully they did because they had to run through a gauntlet of teams with styles that they would've struggled against last year (minus Boston).

Let's hope the governor of Florida doesn't force them to hold a Stanley Cup parade right now.

On a serious note, congrats Tampa fans, your team did good!

nice to know the islanders probably would've demolished dallas.

took you long enough, bolts. change your goddamn uniforms.

I didn't scroll through the thread, but didn't Bettman seem a little off last night? To me he looked visibly shaky.