2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

3 minutes ago, QCS said:

Well, they'll have the exact same rules Vegas did (though Vegas themselves are exempt from the draft), but this time GMs will probably be smarter about who they leave available and the Kraken won't be as good to start as the Golden Knights were.

Well, depends on how many great players Florida drops into their lap.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, QCS said:

Well, they'll have the exact same rules Vegas did (though Vegas themselves are exempt from the draft), but this time GMs will probably be smarter about who they leave available and the Kraken won't be as good to start as the Golden Knights were.

Well, depends on how many great players Florida drops into their lap.

OK. So I've now watched covid-era NBA and NHL.

I gotta say that the NHL product is MUCH more tolerable.

I've often felt that the NBA does the best job of all major sports in its game-time experience/presentation.

Without all of the bells & whistles, it really suffers IMO.

Yeah, kinda the worst possible vindication for people who have said the NHL's product needs to sell itself as it is and it shouldn't try to be like the NBA at every turn.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They're right though. I'd hate for hockey to acquire the same level of huckster-ism as its roundball bro.

There's a reason why the NBA is the best at showcasing its sport- It HAS to be.

The game needs its over-the-top hype.

I've forever told my NBA friends that their game is more sizzle than steak, and this stripped-down corona version is proving me right.

(Although the last few minutes of last night's Lakers-Clippers tilt was decent)

19 hours ago, ghost316 said:

OK. So I've now watched covid-era NBA and NHL.

I gotta say that the NHL product is MUCH more tolerable.

1 hour ago, ghost316 said:

I've forever told my NBA friends that their game is more sizzle than steak, and this stripped-down corona version is proving me right.

Guy who likes hockey more than basketball preferred watching hockey over basketball.  That's shocking.

IUe6Hvh.png

Maybe I'm rusty watching hockey, but without the crowd to indicate it's sort of hard to tell when the puck goes in the net. It'll probably get easier when the playoffs start and the players get more excited about scoring goals, but there's a weird delay when a team scores in these scrimmages. 

And I know Boston isn't in the play-in round so they didn't need to be as sharp as the Blue Jackets were last night, but the Jackets looked a lot better than I expected. And it was so nice seeing all those injured players healthy and in uniform last night. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived