2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, the same Hurricanes fanbase who couldn’t fill up their stadium to save their lives until they all had a collective “wait a second, we’re actually good?” moment. 

spacer.png

Terrible Habs game tonight.

I don't want them to finish in 9th place 2 years in a row. Might as well tank.

If Carey Price wants to win a Stanley Cup before retiring, I think it'll have to be with another team.

Question for those of y'all who done been to hockey games...

...The last time I attended a hockey game live, I was still in middle school and Wayne Gretzky's little bro was on the hometown squad (as short-lived as that was). For four years and change I lived in Nashville and not once did I get to attend a Preds game (wasn't no way I was paying $200 to get a ticket).  Now I'm here in Las Vegas, and VGK has a game coming up at 3 p.m. against the Colorado Avalanche, and if I had Michael Vick's arm, I could literally throw a stone and hit the T-Mobile Center from where I'm sitting. I don't know that I want to plunk down $80 on a game ticket (or maybe I'm just too frugal), but as it stands they have (or did when I checked this morning) some standing-room only tickets for like $39--but they have no view of the ice. Is standing-room only worth it? Or should I go ahead and plunk down the $80 (if the costs haven't yet jumped) and get on in there and enjoy some good ol' ice hockey?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Buc said:

Question for those of y'all who done been to hockey games...

...The last time I attended a hockey game live, I was still in middle school and Wayne Gretzky's little bro was on the hometown squad (as short-lived as that was). For four years and change I lived in Nashville and not once did I get to attend a Preds game (wasn't no way I was paying $200 to get a ticket).  Now I'm here in Las Vegas, and VGK has a game coming up at 3 p.m. against the Colorado Avalanche, and if I had Michael Vick's arm, I could literally throw a stone and hit the T-Mobile Center from where I'm sitting. I don't know that I want to plunk down $80 on a game ticket (or maybe I'm just too frugal), but as it stands they have (or did when I checked this morning) some standing-room only tickets for like $39--but they have no view of the ice. Is standing-room only worth it? Or should I go ahead and plunk down the $80 (if the costs haven't yet jumped) and get on in there and enjoy some good ol' ice hockey?

The standing room doesn't have a view of the game? That's weird. 

I'd go just to see the whole spectacle of the VGK, but if you can't see the game then I don't know. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The standing room doesn't have a view of the game? That's weird. 

I'd go just to see the whole spectacle of the VGK, but if you can't see the game then I don't know. 

I ended up not going, but then again tickets (that I could afford) were sold out by the time I made it to the arena. Judging by what I see with my feet on the ground here, VGK seems to have REALLY taken root in this town. (Then again I guess a first-year Cup run on a fluke expansion draft will do that.) And for a mid-afternoon game, the arena appeared packed to the gills--but they also had another "standing room"ish thing out front of the main entrance where they had the game playing on a projector screen on the ground--and on a TV screen built into the freaking arena facade itself--first time I've ever seen that. (And from the looks of things, it looks like the new Raiders stadium two blocks back from here will have similar TV screens built into its facade, as well.) So I ended up catching some of the game out there. Fake edit: Judging from the final score of that game, I think I did wise by not getting that ticket. Yeesh!

That said, I may see about making a point of making a game at some point this season, just to partake in the actual in-game experience. I do know this: The Armory* is gonna end up robbing me of some of my ends soon enough. 

The Armory is the VGK team store at the arena.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What a joke of a game in Minnesota tonight. I have never seen a worse officiated game... A bad goal overturned for the Wild in the second, and missed call right in front of the ref leads to the tying goal for St. Louis in OT. I usually don’t care about how the refs do, but man that changed the game so much. What an absolute joke...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 10/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, selby56 said:

I assume the Preds will hang a few banners for this too.

I was onto this "jerk off to how great Hurricanes fans are" thing months if not years ago

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, tp49 said:

They finally sold the SUV?

I like to think the SUV decided not to renew its season tickets this year. That many games with a seat right on the glass doesn't come cheap. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, Magnus said:

What do you call a controversial, yet popular sports commentator who gets fired for inciting division on a nationally broadcast program?

Gone Cherry.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/don-cherry-fired-after-scolding-immigrants-who-don-t-wear-poppies-1.4680203

Yeah, but you know, given it's Don Cherry, this firing will 100% lead to a ridiculous suit.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived