NFL EXPANSION x Viperion101

Viperion101

The rear of the plane is actually a pretty decent start. There could be a some better depth and color balance though. I would lose the thin white outlines separating the stabilizers and fill those with a solid color. You could also exaggerate the engines a bit as well.  The way the green and yellow meet and mirror each other in the body of the jet gets a bit muddled when you scale down the logo and you lose some of that perceived dimension. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portland Axemen Logo 

What is your guys' opinion on this potential logo for the Portland team? The name would be the Axemen (after the lumberjacks/timber industry in the Pacific Northwest). The green part is a background. I think it may be lacking something, but I've tried things such as putting a "P" or and "A" on the logo, but none of them seem to fit. I also think that the logo could be good as it is. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Believe it or not, it's a little too detailed. The concentric circles in the log are razor-thin and will practically disappear once this logo is shrunk much at all. And the waviness of the bark is so fine it's almost delicate. I would reduce the number of rings, thicken them a tad, and reduce the number of "waves" in the bark.

rATMcmK.png

43 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

Believe it or not, it's a little too detailed. The concentric circles in the log are razor-thin and will practically disappear once this logo is shrunk much at all. And the waviness of the bark is so fine it's almost delicate. I would reduce the number of rings, thicken them a tad, and reduce the number of "waves" in the bark.

Changed it and it looks a lot better that way. Makes the logo look more complete without having to add more things. 

spacer.png

With that, that concludes the initial phase of this concept. Moving forward, I will be making some more concepts, but these were the primary ones, in the markets that the NFL should consider expansion in the most. 

spacer.png

Some other cities that I'm considering doing concepts for: 

Mexico City

Austin, TX

Orlando, FL

Toronto, ON, Canada

Sacramento, CA

El Paso, TX

Birmingham, AL

Memphis, TN

Columbus, OH

Grand Rapids, MI

Salt Lake City, UT

Albuquerque, NM

spacer.png

On 10/29/2019 at 5:40 AM, JH42XCC said:

Um, shouldn't OKC be in the AFC South and San Diego be in the AFC West?

Either place would work for either division. The AFC South is fairly scattered (Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Nashville), so it wouldn't necessarily be that extreme to have the South team be in San Diego. I put the Oklahoma City team in the AFC West in order to add another midwestern team to the division. I think it would develop a rivalry with the Kansas City Chiefs, which would draw in more money. But it would work for either team to be in either division. 

spacer.png

On 10/15/2019 at 11:31 PM, Heitert said:

I like the color scheme. The logo could use some work, though. For such an iconic and badass looking plane, the perspective you've chosen makes it look very static. It could still work, however, if you add some more detail. As of right now, it reads as a silhouette with just a few highlights. It doesn't read as an F-14. 

I'd go with a white helmet, too. The logo gets a little lost as is. 

I agree with Heitert... I think he is saying the logo needs more life.  More this: supersonic-f14-vector-id165728178?k=6&m= 
and less of the blueprint look

7CAjavE.png

• 2 weeks later...

OMAHA ENGINEERS STADIUM

Capacity: 62,018

Shared Sports: Major League Soccer (Omaha Transcontinental FC)

Namesake: sponsored by the Union Pacific Railroad, which is headquartered in Omaha. Omaha has a strong history with railroads. 

I'm going to begin incorporating stadiums in this thread. These do take a very long time to make. Keep in mind that I am not a professional architect, so I apologize if everything isn't "exact". 

Notice also how I changed the name of the team from "Locomotives" to "Engineers". Thought it fit better. 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A couple shots of the stadium in soccer configuration (concept for Omaha Transcontinental FC coming soon)

spacer.png

spacer.png

C&C Welcome & Appreciated. 

spacer.png

CALGARY ICEMEN STADIUM (a.k.a. The Fridge or The Ice Cube)

Capacity: 77,813 (without suites); 80,778 (with suites)

Shared Sports: Soccer, Canadian Football League (both are only part-time, Calgary doesn't have an MLS team, and the Calgary Stampeders CFL Team has their own stadium)

The Calgary Icemen Stadium (The Fridge), is the largest stadium in Canada. It features many windows, to let in natural light, and a retractable roof, so it can be opened during fair weather. The stadium is compatible with the CFL, which is why the sidelines are so wide. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oklahoma City Barons New Logo

Updated the Oklahoma City Barons Logo. Wanted to make the logo less complicated, and more unique (I feel the old logo borrowed too heavily from the old Houston Oilers logo). The design within the oil drop is supposed to be a stylized "B". 

spacer.png

Updated onto the home uniforms:

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and appreciated. 

spacer.png

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Barons uniform update

An update to the Oklahoma City Barons uniform. Decided to ditch the orange because it's obnoxious and unnecessary. The green and white are because those are Oklahoma's state colors, and the black is self-explanatory (oil is black, Barons=Oil Barons). 

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

Archived