CS85's NFL Helmet Countdown

CS85

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white face mask ruins the navy/white Rams helmet; it’s too busy to appreciate the horns. With a navy face mask, it’s top 10 (navy/gold is better, though). With a white face mask, it’s bottom 10.

23 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Come now, this is a fantastic look:

e88c7b28675f8f6d8e9ee40ed52f36e0.jpg

19 hours ago, infrared41 said:

This, folks, is the only uniform Atlanta should go to when the inevitable change takes place. 

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I'd be thrilled with something close to this. 

5c544e52497accd16f28430f203c9ab6.png

I've long felt this would be the ideal prototype from which to build the next Falcons rebrand/update...except with black helmets rather than red. For reasons I'm nowhere near as comically astute nor loquacious as Andy to articulate, the red helmet just sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of that set. Doesn't make it a bad look by any means, just pointing that out as per my two rusted Lincolns.

And speaking of that comical astuteness and loquaciousness...Andy, bruh...whatever it is you're currently doing for a living, stop it now and pursue a career as a satire writer--at the very least, present this to someone at ESPN or FS1 and get yourself on the airwaves. Between this and that "Rap Lyrics in Victorian English" thread we had around here years ago, I must declare that your wit is just too ingenious to go to waste.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

And speaking of that comical astuteness and loquaciousness...Andy, bruh...whatever it is you're currently doing for a living, stop it now and pursue a career as a satire writer--at the very least, present this to someone at ESPN or FS1 and get yourself on the airwaves. Between this and that "Rap Lyrics in Victorian English" thread we had around here years ago, I must declare that your wit is just too ingenious to go to waste.

Intense and wonderful praise.  Thank you!  I wish I worked my actual job about 10 hours a week then devoted the other 30 to writing, long and short form.  But gotta pay the damn bills and have insurance and stuff.  Reading stuff like that keeps me very inspired and motivated to never walk away, though.  Thanks again. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Come now, this is a fantastic look:

e88c7b28675f8f6d8e9ee40ed52f36e0.jpg

It's an example of contrasting helmets and jerseys working with white pants. I much prefer the classy red to the "ashes of Andre Rison's home" black/"mourning our QB's victims" black/"28-3" black. They haven't had the same massive chokes and scandals in scarlet shells.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, infrared41 said:

This, folks, is the only uniform Atlanta should go to when the inevitable change takes place. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:03 AM, infrared41 said:

I'd be thrilled with something close to this. 

5c544e52497accd16f28430f203c9ab6.png

I could not agree more with all of you.

While the Falcons uniforms from the late 80's and Early 90's with the black helmets were nice, their red helmets are PHENOMENAL. Especially with the black jersey.

I don't understand why you like the Packers and Bears logos, but not the Giants.

Also you love the grey facemask for the 49ers but hate it for the Colts, and apparently the Chiefs logo is so bad that their helmet deserves to be #25, but even though the 49ers logo has a very similar design the rest of the helmet is good enough that the logo doesn't matter.

I don't get it. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, -Akronite- said:

Well made post with some opinions I hate. 😁

The Jets new helmet is beautiful. Disliking it I can understand. Anyone putting it at #32 is out of their minds.

Keeping the Colts and to a lesser extent the Chiefs that low while the Pats and Rams (much better with either gold IMO) get so high is baffling to me but it's all subjective.

The color of the Jets new helmet is beautiful. Absolutely striking. Even more stunning in person. They missed the mark on the helmet logo and the black facemask however.

3 minutes ago, Ark said:

I don't understand why you like the Packers and Bears logos, but not the Giants.

Also you love the grey facemask for the 49ers but hate it for the Colts, and apparently the Chiefs logo is so bad that their helmet deserves to be #25, but even though the 49ers logo has a very similar design the rest of the helmet is good enough that the logo doesn't matter.

I don't get it. 

I think the current Giants helmets are fantastic. But, the GIANTS ones are infinitely better.

2 hours ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

The color of the Jets new helmet is beautiful. Absolutely striking. Even more stunning in person. They missed the mark on the helmet logo and the black facemask however.

I would agree. The Jets have never had a great logo and it's a lateral move on that end for me. The black in the identity is unnecessary altogether. I don't weight facemasks as heavily as many here.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, CS85 said:

throwing their artsy energies into doing some weird junk with the shoulders

"Our shoulders are swords!"
- @Still MIGHTY

On 9/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, CS85 said:

CLEVELAND BROWNS

arguably (deep breath), I think a dark gray facemask would vastly improve the helmet's overall look. 

So I see you too are a man of culture.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, the admiral said:

Definitely. Red numbers on the whites, or black? And black pants with white or red socks, or white pants and black socks?

I would say red numbers on white, white pants/striped socks across the board. Black pants with red stripes to change up the road look now and then but we all know that would just end up with black monochrome eventually.

I think the Falcons could f*** with a stripeless red helmet, black facemask, and current logo and it would look fantastic atop a black jersey. For some reason I've always found their all-black helmet to be the rather dull, generic choice, lacking in visual panache while the Jaguars, of a similar uniform construct (all black helmet atop a lighter color jersey and white pants) pulled it off because their logo takes up so much more real estate on the side of the dome - also I think the Jags use some kind of industrial strength car wax that they seemingly apply in between possessions because they have the glossiest and shiniest helmets in football. I love them. 

Here's my Top Ten

1. Bengals. The #1 reason I'm a Bengals fan. Also I disagree wholeheartedly with OP that the Bengals have never worn anything underneath that meets the helmet. They wore two perfect uniform sets from 1981 through 2003. The Rams were the number one helmet until their terrible stopgap measure white horn, white facemask decision placed them in the lower half. If they ever go back to blue facemask, gold horn they'll be #1 again. 

2. Vikings

3. Chargers

4. Eagles

5. Patriots

6. Saints

7. Raiders

8. Browns

9. Colts

10. Seahawks

Bottom Ten No Order

Titans, Bucs, Jets, Redskins, Lions, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens, Dolphins, and Texans

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Quoting a 32 picture post  with a paragraph for each picture written about it wasn’t necessary to write 2 sentences about how you liked the OP.

MOD EDIT: Name calling and that kind of language isn't necessary.

Archived