CS85's NFL Helmet Countdown

CS85

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Quoting a 32 picture post  with a paragraph for each picture written about it wasn’t necessary to write 2 sentences about how you liked the OP.

Once again, I'm starting to remember why I avoid this page. 

I made a positive post praising a fellow board member and got trolled all to hell for something that's widely accepted at most other message boards. 

I also noticed that no one had the decency to quote me directly when said trolling was taking place. 

All because I didn't *snip* down the quote that I was praising. So much for positivity. That's apparently out the window here. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s etiquette around here. Don’t quote a post if you only have one or two lines to add. It makes scrolling through the thread longer and more frustrating for many of us. Just posting your short reply without the quote would have been fine, like what everybody else here does. 

At least you didn’t quote a long, image-heavy post just to post one line requesting the OP to do something, like it so often happens in the concept thread.

1 hour ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Once again, I'm starting to remember why I avoid this page. 

I made a positive post praising a fellow board member and got trolled all to hell for something that's widely accepted at most other message boards. 

I also noticed that no one had the decency to quote me directly when said trolling was taking place. 

All because I didn't *snip* down the quote that I was praising. So much for positivity. That's apparently out the window here. 

The best thing you can do right now is drop the matter. In fact, I'm strongly suggesting you do just that. It's over and done. Move on. If you have any forum etiquette questions, feel free to ask. I'll be happy to help. 

BB52Big.jpg

And...I'm going to throw this in for everyone as part of "boards etiquette." There's no need to take shots at someone for making a mistake. Politely pointing out the problem is the preferable and recommended response. Being one of the "cool kids" does not give you carte blanche to say whatever the hell you want. When it comes to issues like not clipping a quote, be nice or be quiet. We've all made mistakes here. No good comes from piling on. 

BB52Big.jpg

Some of your comments had me scratching my head, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyways...

My top 3:

1. Bengals

2.Rams (blue helmet- gold horns)

3.Broncos

30: Dolphins- Please bring back the 80's helmet- darker Aqua colors and facemask. You stick your tail feathers up in the air, not your tail like the current dolphin logo does!

31. Giants- Again, I loved the 80's GIANTS underlined logo. So you went back in time and decided on the lowercase ny, I get it. Lets upgrade.

32. Bears - MLB Cincinnati Reds called, they want their capital, wishbone C back!

Archived