DNAsports’ Weekly NFL Uniform Matchup Fixin’s (Week 6 Posted)

DCarp1231

Brought on by a few posts in other threads, I’ve decided to use Madden 20 and correct weekly miscues by teams in their matchups. However, there will be matchups I deem unchangeable. Really the only two rules I have for myself is I have to use current uniforms from all 32 teams and one set uniform can’t dominate the whole schedule. For example, I can’t use pre-Reebok disaster Falcons/Cardinals/etc uniforms and the Rams can strictly be royal blue and gold. Here we go:

Chiefs @ Jaguars 

Be gone with the all white for Jacksonville

spacer.png

Titans @ Browns

Cleveland’s Color Rush/New Primary uniforms are horrible and you can’t change my mind

spacer.png

Ravens @ Dolphins

White at home is forbidden in this land

spacer.png

Redskins @ Eagles

Washington gets a new primary helmet, pretty much become the other Chiefs

spacer.png

Bengals @ Seahawks

Just a sock change for Cincy 

spacer.png

49ers @ Buccaneers 

Somehow convinced myself that both teams wearing red socks looks good

spacer.png

Giants @ Cowboys

Sorry Dallas, you’re not getting away with white at home this year.

spacer.png

Texans @ Saints

New Orleans’ throwbacks become the primary home uniforms

spacer.png

Unaltered matchups:

Packers @ Bears

Falcons @ Vikings

Bills @ Jets

Rams @ Panthers

Colts @ Chargers

Lions @ Cardinals

Steelers @ Patriots 

Broncos @ Raiders

Real-Life Matchup comparison will follow.

Interesting idea. I like it! 

I support the "no white at home" rule you're implementing. While I'm not against white at home per se, it does pose the problem of having one uniform dominate the schedule, as you have mentioned. Also, Dallas' in navy is a far superior look, in my opinion. So this is a nice change of pace. That being said, I love the fixed Giants/Cowboys matchup. I wish New York would switch back to those uniforms full time.

Other notes: 

• That Chiefs/Jaguars fix makes the game look 10x better
  • The Saints throwback is the right call for the primary home. Why they continue to force black/black at home is beyond me. The gold pants are clearly superior
  • I like the grey facemask for Washington
  • Seattle should use the grey pants as mentioned above
  • I like Cleveland's CR uniforms over the Nike-ified update. Pair them against the Titans in all white and the game becomes much more palatable. 

28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If I were doing this, that would be step one every week. Put Seahawks in gray pants... Automatic.

I was thinking that in my head. Seattle really does look 100x better in strictly gray pants. Slip in blue once or twice a year, but overall gray pants is the way to go.

So, I just realized I goofed and allowed Carolina to wear WAH against the Rams, but I can’t bring myself to change what a beautiful matchup it was:

spacer.png

Also while on the subject of the Rams and WAH, Week 2 Rams-Saints is definitely getting it’s fair share of fixin’s. However, I’m not sure if I should put the Saints in all white CR w/ throwback socks or white CR jersey/throwback pants & socks against the Rams home look above.

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Also while on the subject of the Rams and WAH, Week 2 Rams-Saints is definitely getting it’s fair share of fixin’s. However, I’m not sure if I should put the Saints in all white CR w/ throwback socks or white CR jersey/throwback pants & socks against the Rams home look above.

That. The Throwback and that combination should be what the Saints wear to the end of time, with maybe a White/White or Black/White game once in a while.

da0Lbhs.png

Week 2 should be up later tonight and will see a grand total of 12 games get a case of the Fixin’s:

Tampa Bay @ Carolina
spacer.png

Arizona @ Baltimore

spacer.png

Indianapolis @ Tennessee

spacer.png

San Francisco @ Cincinnati
spacer.png

Jacksonville @ Houston

spacer.png

Dallas @ Washington 

spacer.png

Seattle @ Pittsburgh
spacer.png

Buffalo @ NY Giants 

spacer.png

New England @ Miami

spacer.png

New Orleans @ LA Rams

spacer.png

Philadelphia @ Atlanta

spacer.png

Cleveland @ NY Jets

spacer.png

NFL Uniform Matchup Fixin’s Week 2

Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Yeah... Panthers, never do that thing again.

spacer.png

Arizona @ Baltimore

This one took a few tries. Ravens get a “new” Color Rush 

spacer.png

Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Take what you can get, I suppose.

spacer.png

San Francisco @ Cincinnati

I really liked the all black look for the Bengals, but I felt like Cincy needed just a bit more orange.

spacer.png

Jacksonville @ Houston

Time for Houston to own the red in a division where blue is king. Say hello to the Texans new primary home jersey.

spacer.png

Dallas @ Washington

The normal white uniform for Dallas is being thrown into the dumpster and set ablaze. The Cowboys new away uniform is here.

spacer.png

Seattle @ Pittsburgh

Oh, but those gray pants do look mighty fine.

spacer.png

Buffalo @ NY Giants

Only changes out of this matchup compared to the real one are the new primary helmet and pants for the Giants.

spacer.png

New England @ Miami 

Poor Dolphins, you’re not getting massacred in your beautiful throwbacks this week.

spacer.png

New Orleans @ LA Rams

Listen, when you’ve got a chance to create an incredibly classic looking game, you take the ram by the horns

spacer.png

Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Not much you can do with this game except rid it of white pants vs white pants.

spacer.png

Cleveland @ NY Jets

New York’s all black alternates get a break in action with green socks while Cleveland dons orange pants and brown socks.

spacer.png

Games too good for Fixin’s:

LA Chargers @ Detroit

Minnesota @ Green Bay

Kansas City @ Oakland 

Chicago @ Denver

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Just one thing, I’d make the patriots socks the white striped away socks. 

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Request: can you never have any socks and Pants be the same color? It just always looks bad.

IMO, the white striped away socks just don’t fit in with the rest of the uniform. You don’t see the same stripes anywhere else on the uniform. Yes it helps avoid the leotard look, but the white socks would look a whole lot better with 1) one solid blue stripe to match the jersey stripe or 2) blue/red/blue stripe. The entire Patriots uniform is a striping hot mess. Pun intended. They’ll be used in the future, likely in tandem with the CR jersey, but for now, New England will rock the leotard.
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m actually disagreeing with you on a few points, whatever uniform you chose for Dallas looks really bad, I much much prefer their current whites. I also don’t like grey for Seattle or al purple for Baltimore. And while I don’t mind that Carolina look, the black was better. I would also say that the Giants change is unnecessary and a slight downgrade. 

On the other hand, Houston v Jacksonville and Los Angeles v New Orleans look gorgeous 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Should have Week 3 up sometime between tonight and Wednesday. One matchup I’m stuck on is Detroit-Philadelphia. Particularly Detroit. Loved the blue pants, didn’t like the blue socks that came with the look. My question is, which of these four looks better for the matchup?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived