Anaheim Ducks - Eggplant, Jade & Orange

wildwing64

anaheim-ducks.png

Inspired by discussions in the NHL thread, I came up with this set for the Ducks.

It's essentially a blending-of-eras look; a return to their eggplant and jade roots, but with some orange and other elements from the current identity. The Mighty Ducks crest takes centre stage, but this time with green instead of a silver triangle on the home jersey to keep it consistent with the rest of the uniform. I've kept the webfoot D as a shoulder patch, but I'll admit it was difficult to make it work with this colour scheme and I almost scrapped it before settling on white with a purple background and the orange dropshadow. The striping takes cues from both eras, being similar to the Mighty Ducks era but with the bold stripe up top and the thinner orange stripe being reminiscent of their modern uniforms. Normally I'd prefer block numbers, but for better or worse the numbers they use now are unique, and after slimming them down after switching to the current uniforms they look much better. After seeing how they looked on the 25th Anniversary third jersey, I decided to stick with them.

Any C&C welcome and appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 9/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, Section30 said:

I like this a lot, I would suggest swapping the eggplant and jade on the white jersey though to help with the balance between the home and away.

Disagree, assuming the pants would be eggplant, the whole set would be lacking any significant jade on the road

On 9/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, jdavidev said:

Disagree, assuming the pants would be eggplant, the whole set would be lacking any significant jade on the road

Yeah, this and I was keeping it in line with the original jerseys. The matching sleeve dips are an element that's even carried over to the current uniforms.

The pants would be eggplant, but unfortunately the template I used - Jeff T.'s Adizero template - only included jerseys. I don't even remember where I got this one from, so I'll redo this on another template and post the complete uniform in time.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:14 AM, BigRed618 said:

Not too shabby. Have you considered making the D orange and the shadow underneath jade?

On 9/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, WSU151 said:

This is really good. The shoulder patches need to be something other than white, though. 

Played around with the colours a bit, curious to see what people like best;

dfeet.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived