NY Jets Logo Concept

ZionEagle

I've always thought the Jets logo has been rather....well, bland. I'd dare say that it's one of the most boring logos in the entirety of the league, with the exception of the Browns. That being said, I don't necessarily mind simplicity in a logo. But, in my opinion, the Jets logo is a bit too simple. I believe they could have come up with an updated logo that's slightly more interesting than a generic wordmark and a football, while still retaining simplicity and team identity. 

So, I got to brainstorming, and thought of how to update the logo. I knew I wanted to incorporate a jet somehow, but I didn't want anything that's too similar to some other redesign concepts. So I decided to attempt to create a wordmark that loosely resembles a jet. After a few revisions, this was the final concept I came up with:

FlPHEb9.png

J3U89Tc.png

That being said, I'm still not completely satisfied with this logo. I'm concerned that it doesn't look enough like a jet. I want it to be subtle, but not too subtle. It took me a long time to work out this final version, ha.

Anyways, your feedback and thoughts are appreciated. And if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this concept, don't hesitate to let me know.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I don't see a jet at all. In fact, I saw runways, which I thought you were going for. And given that New York is a serious nexus of air travel--JFK, LaGuardia, Newark--you might even try to play with that angle, a bit abstractly.

rATMcmK.png

I read Nets over Jets or maybe even Gets, it feels awkward, especially with the oval shape around it and the S almost touching the oval outline, I think it’s either a plane or the wordmark, I don’t think it’s a great idea to mix the two, especially in this idea, the jets failed trying it as it is.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived