2019 MLB Postseason thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dont care said:

That was an awful call by the umpire.

I don't think there is a single North American sport that has good officials at this point. Sports are starting to get almost unwatchable. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

I'm sure MLB's loving Torre's Humana Humana excuse followed by Fox's entire panel crapping on the umpires and then having Trea Turner on with all of them agreeing with how screwed over he was.

VmWIn6B.png

Rooting for the Nats tonight just so they can get their first, but will not at all be disappointed if it's the Astros. Just excited for a Game 7 at this point!

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Game seven has all the makings of an all-time great postseason pitching matchup, but I don't know how much I trust Max "I couldn't even dress myself two days ago" Scherzer to go out and pitch tonight. At the same time, I don't think Washington has a choice. If Max Scherzer says he can go in game seven, I'm giving him the ball. That said, it doesn't mean I wouldn't have Patrick Corbin on standby if it becomes obvious Max can't work through the pain.

I know he's a fierce competitor, but he's going to need every bit of that toughness tonight.

Aside from each one's resume, what makes the match up so intriguing is how different they are from each other. Scherzer is one of the most intense pitchers on the mound I've ever seen, while I don't think I've ever seen Zack Greinke do so much as pump a fist.

Its rare you come into a game knowing this is the biggest start either will ever have in their careers, but that's what you have tonight.

You think of great seven matchups Gibson/Lolich, Morris/Smoltz, Clemens/Schilling, this has the potential to be listed right there with them.

I know its been a mostly anti-climatic World Series thus far, but I have a feeling tonight is going to be something special.

22 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cmccosky/status/1189360930339119109

And people wonder why kids think baseball is boring. I’ve never seen a sport so opposed to its players having personality. 

It pisses me off so much. They run this bogus "Let the kids play" campaign and do this crap. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, insert name said:

It pisses me off so much. They run this bogus "Let the kids play" campaign and do this crap. 

Does one sportswriter speak on behalf of Major League Baseball?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived