TrueYankee26

2019 MLB Postseason thread

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

R.I.P 2019 New York Yankees

I wouldn’t give up hope too soon. There’s still a chance they win and you can finally change to TrueYankee27. 

40 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I wouldn’t give up hope too soon. There’s still a chance they win and you can finally change to TrueYankee27. 

They already have 27.

11 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

They already have 27.

spacer.png

Beating Cole, Verlander, and Greinke seems like a tall task. I think the Yankees are done for. Not to be that guy because everyone in the AL East played them the same amount, but their record was inflated thanks to the Baltimore Orioles. They're one of the worst 103 win teams we've had. 

Those Twins may be the worst 100+ win team, though. They got to feast on the Tigers and Royals for 38 games.

43 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Beating Cole, Verlander, and Greinke seems like a tall task. I think the Yankees are done for. Not to be that guy because everyone in the AL East played them the same amount, but their record was inflated thanks to the Baltimore Orioles. They're one of the worst 103 win teams we've had. 

Gleyber Torres probably could've beaten us all by himself.

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Those Twins may be the worst 100+ win team, though. They got to feast on the Tigers and Royals for 38 games.

I don't think there's really any question that the Twins are the worst 100-win team ever. I doubt anyone else had 19 games each against three such bad teams.  

Ouch. Yankees tie it at the last minute.

I think this is going to extras.

Astros end it. Altuve!!!!

Astros win the pennant, cementing a Yankee-free decade of the Fall Classic!!

It was also nice to see two domestic violence perpetrators blow it in the 9th.

I LOVE this World Series matchup. Two incredible pitching staffs and two teams (despite the Astros title in 2017) who are still somewhat fresh. This should be fun! 

Seeing the Yankees lose like that gives me the warm fuzzies. 😋

Also the Hat & Shirt designs are pretty damn cool. A lot better than last year's mediocre designs.  😒

Go Nats! 

As mentioned, no Yankees title in the 2010's. We did it, gang! We survived the decade.

Jokes aside, I'm happy to see the Astros create and add on to their own legacy. There's no negatives for me in this series; I just want it to be fun. Give me a game between the former Tigers aces, Scherzer and Verlander!

The Yankees AND Michigan being eliminated from Championship contention in the same 24 hours? What a great day for sports!