TrueYankee26

2019 MLB Postseason thread

Is it possible that three of the big 4 sports leagues will have first time champions? I hope so.  We saw first time champions in the NHL and NBA.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Is it possible that three of the big 4 sports leagues will have first time champions? I hope so.  We saw first time champions in the NHL and NBA.

So if the Nationals win it would be Raptors, Blues, and Nationals.

The teams to never have won an NFL Super Bowl:

Browns, Lions, and Jaguars have never been to a Super Bowl.

Vikings, Bills, Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Titans, and Cardinals have been to the big game but never won it all.

At least seven weeks in, the Vikings, Bills, and Panthers all look like teams with decent chances of making the playoffs, with the Browns and Lions also being possible playoff teams. It could happen.

4 hours ago, Maroon said:

So if the Nationals win it would be Raptors, Blues, and Nationals.

The teams to never have won an NFL Super Bowl:

Browns, Lions, and Jaguars have never been to a Super Bowl.

Vikings, Bills, Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Titans, and Cardinals have been to the big game but never won it all.

At least seven weeks in, the Vikings, Bills, and Panthers all look like teams with decent chances of making the playoffs, with the Browns and Lions also being possible playoff teams. It could happen.

It could happen, but at this point, it probably won't.  The 2019-2020 NFL Season is probably going to end with Tom Brady winning #7. 

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It could happen, but at this point, it probably won't.  The 2019-2020 NFL Season is probably going to end with Tom Brady winning #7. 

I sure hope not.

But regardless, my pick to win the Super Bowl this year are the Saints.

5 hours ago, Maroon said:

I sure hope not.

But regardless, my pick to win the Super Bowl this year are the Saints.

Regardless that isn’t a 1st time winner

31 minutes ago, dont care said:

Regardless that isn’t a 1st time winner

I didn't say the Saints would be a first time winner. I'm saying that it would be a cool thing to see all four major American sports leagues have first time winners, and that Minnesota, Carolina, and Buffalo having outside chances of being that first time winner... but that my expectation is not for that to happen (because I'm picking the Saints). I am pretty high on the Vikings, though, and would not at all be surprised to see them make it all the way.

Brand new series. 

I'm pulling for the Nats. This is a brutal game.

I have nothing against the Nationals other than they’re a division rival, but I hate them strictly because of their look and inability to settle on any type of identity. The w-chest jerseys are horrible, the roads are OK but use a different cap color, then how many alt caps do they have? The fix is so easy too. White version of the navy one they’re wearing tonight, one cap, lose the pandering stars-stripes nonsense, and they’re good. Until then, they can lose and rot in hell. 

Well, this isn't good. Scherzer's scratched from the Game 5 start. 

8 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Well, this isn't good. Scherzer's scratched from the Game 5 start. 

WELP....

Nationals will need a miracle

Nats has are cooked. This thing is over in six. Book it. 

Boy, "home cooking" is something that doesn't exist in this series. Both teams are crushing it when it comes to away games.

Yeah, the Nats just came in over-confident and folded on their trip home. This is 1996 all over again, or for the younger viewers, the 2012 NLDS!

At least the Astros fired that asshat. 

Those navy blue uniforms are no longer bringing them that good fortune.

Today the Nationals either complete the choke and continue what the Capitals stopped last year and bring DC pain like the Redskins, or they continue to bring good times to DC. I say Astros win today