TrueYankee26

2019 MLB Postseason thread

5 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I’m going to be so pissed if we get Yankees vs. Cardinals World Series. 

Which is of course the matchup MLB wants. 

I'd say Yankees-Dodgers is more desirable or Astros-Dodgers. Why not have it between two top-10 TV markets?

Posted (edited)

Twins set postseason records for:

Consecutive losses (16).

Consecutive losses against 1 team (13 against the Yankees).

Yankees are advancing to the ALCS.

Both NLDS's are going to 5 games, and the Rays avoid elimination

Edited by TrueYankee26

Is launching your bat into the outfield as hard as you can "respecting the game"? Just trying to figure out what is acceptable and isn't acceptable from the St Louis Baseball Respecters. 

10 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Twins set postseason records for:

Consecutive losses (16).

Consecutive losses against 1 team (13 against the Yankees).

This is truly remarkable. I knew they were bad against the Yankees, but I hadn't realized it was this bad overall. They haven't won a postseason game since 2004. It's baseball! You can accidentally win one game. They even managed to get swept by the A's in the ALDS in 2006 and the Billy Beane A's are basically allergic to advancing in the postseason. 

Never has a 100-win team been so far away from legitimate contention.  Of course, if the schedule is balanced, they probably barely exceed .500.   

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Is launching your bat into the outfield as hard as you can "respecting the game"? Just trying to figure out what is acceptable and isn't acceptable from the St Louis Baseball Respecters. 

A walk-off sac fly from the player that has been the face of the current generation can do no wrong, and Cardinals fans don’t care what anyone else thinks about that. 

I am definitely in the minority but I'm gonna miss the coliseum and the trop when they are replaced. For all their issues they are fairly loud once the playoffs come around and I think the league is going to miss quirky and crappy parks. Sure when they are finally replaced other ball parks will also be suffering the same fate but those two places are the only two that really stick out and remind me of the old cookie cutter and domed stadiums. While it wasn't a golden era of baseball in terms of stadiums it was in terms of on field play.

Rays mange to force Game 5 against Houston. 

On one hand, seeing the Rays beat Houston would be one of the most hilarious baseball upsets in a while. 

On the other hand, Astros have a far better shot at beating the Yankees than Tampa. 

Hmmmmm..........🤔

43 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I am definitely in the minority but I'm gonna miss the coliseum and the trop when they are replaced. For all their issues they are fairly loud once the playoffs come around and I think the league is going to miss quirky and crappy parks. Sure when they are finally replaced other ball parks will also be suffering the same fate but those two places are the only two that really stick out and remind me of the old cookie cutter and domed stadiums. While it wasn't a golden era of baseball in terms of stadiums it was in terms of on field play.

I honestly miss Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati. Ive been to more games there as kid than i have to Great American Ball Park as an adult.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I won’t, good bye and good riddance 

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I went to the Coliseum in 2007 and it was a fun experience...brought my old ass back to the old days of concrete...my annual trip to County Stadium, etc.  That said, I don't think I'd want it to be my home park.  Never been to the Trop...maybe I should go.  It's my only chance to rank an MLB park I've attended below the Metrodome.

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I went to the Coliseum in 2007 and it was a fun experience...brought my old ass back to the old days of concrete...my annual trip to County Stadium, etc.  That said, I don't think I'd want it to be my home park.  Never been to the Trop...maybe I should go.  It's my only chance to rank an MLB park I've attended below the Metrodome.

The Trop is a fun unique place.  There are a lot of quirky features like the touch tank and bright colored concourses. People who hate indoor baseball do not know how hot it is during the Florida summer, when I got into the park I was relieved. It also has an assortment of food options and a cigar bar if you're into that sort of thing.

15 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The only reason the Trop is loud at all is the artificial noise they've been blasting in the place for the last 20+ years.  The artificial noise over the years was so loud that it's blown out the speakers on the stadium PA to the point the announcements sound like an old New York City subway car they're so garbled.

The Trop is as depressing in person as it is on TV. Dark, boring, ugly, and devoid of any character. The only thing it has going for it now is it represents a bygone age. Otherwise, it -- and a St. Petersburg-based baseball team -- shouldn't exist.

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The Trop is a fun unique place.  There are a lot of quirky features like the touch tank and bright colored concourses. People who hate indoor baseball do not know how hot it is during the Florida summer, when I got into the park I was relieved. It also has an assortment of food options and a cigar bar if you're into that sort of thing.

It’s unique but not fun. It’s a poorly located warehouse that they decided to play baseball in. Other domes atleast know how to get natural light in and not look like you are inside a warehouse, catwalks and all. I don’t know if you have ever been to the stadium but it is in probably the worst location you could think of in Florida. Outside of in the middle of the Everglades somewhere but even then it’s probably easier to get to. 

Posted (edited)

5-0 St. Louis *cue the Curb your enthusiasm theme*

9-0 St. Louis play that theme faster

Edited by TrueYankee26

10-0 St. Louis in the 1st.  The Braves look like a Little League team out there.

Haha this is so awesome.