TrueYankee26

2019 MLB Postseason thread

49 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Should the Dodgers fire Dave Roberts after Wednesday night's humiliating defeat?

They just extended him last offseason. They don’t want to eat that cash this early into a contract.

So the cardinals are blaming the baseballs for why they are down 0-2 saying they aren’t traveling as far so it’s the balls fault and not the cardinals. They are claiming the balls have more air resistance than regular season balls despite all being made the same from the same factory. I guess a stamp for the post season logo adds enough resistance just to mess with the cardinals.

Getting rid of that dead weight Harper has done wonders. Thank goodness the Giants didn't sign him.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

So the cardinals are blaming the baseballs for why they are down 0-2 saying they aren’t traveling as far so it’s the balls fault and not the cardinals. They are claiming the balls have more air resistance than regular season balls despite all being made the same from the same factory. I guess a stamp for the post season logo adds enough resistance just to mess with the cardinals.

You mean those SAME baseballs that "helped" them score 10 runs in the first inning in game five of the NLDS?

So, the Nats have a 3-0 lead now, which means they’ll either win their first pennant or choke super-hard (most likely the former).

Maybe ditching Harper (or honoring the Expos) fixed their problems!

I will be rooting for the Nats during the World Series in the hopes that MLB will join NBA and NHL in having first time champions.

Cardinals don't belong here. They only got this far because Atlanta is cursed to never move past the NLDS.

I think the Nats are a legit threat to New York or Houston, but I'm not favoring them.

Yeah, stick a fork on St. Louis. Saw a stat sonewhere they they have the worst BA in the 1st 3 games of a series in postseason history.

One more. This is the offense you’d expect from a team with their mediocre batting analytics, not the one that magically scored ten runs against the Braves, which has to make things even worse for Braves fans. 

Now watch the Nats go Full 2007 Rockies, win tonight and then get crushed in the World Series thanks to too much time off, their opponent being much better than them. 

38 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

One more. This is the offense you’d expect from a team with their mediocre batting analytics, not the one that magically scored ten runs against the Braves, which has to make things even worse for Braves fans. 

Now watch the Nats go Full 2007 Rockies, win tonight and then get crushed in the World Series thanks to too much time off, their opponent being much better than them. 

You have to remember, the balls have to be different because they aren’t traveling as far. Atleast that’s what the cardinals are trying to make people believe.

57 minutes ago, dont care said:

You have to remember, the balls have to be different because they aren’t traveling as far. Atleast that’s what the cardinals are trying to make people believe.

Right and the Nationals aren't using the same baseballs. Is part of The Cardinal Way to bitch about everything? Is that what they teach in their minor league system? Because we're here in 2019 and the same kind of bullshirt was going on with them back in 2010. "Soto's grabbing his nuts! Acuna's not running the bases correctly! The balls are weird!" This is why everyone hates them. 

May have to get another fork and stick it on the bum Yankees. Better luck in the 2020s I guess. Swinging for the 450 feet statcast home runs rather than focusing on getting on base. That is what gets them eliminated all the time. Gutted. Gut punch.

Holy crap, the Expos are going to the World Series. 

Poor Mariners. 

We weep for thee Bryce Harper. I just lied there. Suck it Phenom!!!!

The last time Washington, D.C hosted a World Series game, Teddy Roosevelt was POTUS.