TrueYankee26

2019 MLB Postseason thread

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Should the Dodgers fire Dave Roberts after Wednesday night's humiliating defeat?

They just extended him last offseason. They don’t want to eat that cash this early into a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the cardinals are blaming the baseballs for why they are down 0-2 saying they aren’t traveling as far so it’s the balls fault and not the cardinals. They are claiming the balls have more air resistance than regular season balls despite all being made the same from the same factory. I guess a stamp for the post season logo adds enough resistance just to mess with the cardinals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting rid of that dead weight Harper has done wonders. Thank goodness the Giants didn't sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dont care said:

So the cardinals are blaming the baseballs for why they are down 0-2 saying they aren’t traveling as far so it’s the balls fault and not the cardinals. They are claiming the balls have more air resistance than regular season balls despite all being made the same from the same factory. I guess a stamp for the post season logo adds enough resistance just to mess with the cardinals.

You mean those SAME baseballs that "helped" them score 10 runs in the first inning in game five of the NLDS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the Nats have a 3-0 lead now, which means they’ll either win their first pennant or choke super-hard (most likely the former).
 

Maybe ditching Harper (or honoring the Expos) fixed their problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be rooting for the Nats during the World Series in the hopes that MLB will join NBA and NHL in having first time champions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals don't belong here. They only got this far because Atlanta is cursed to never move past the NLDS.

 

I think the Nats are a legit threat to New York or Houston, but I'm not favoring them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, stick a fork on St. Louis. Saw a stat sonewhere they they have the worst BA in the 1st 3 games of a series in postseason history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more. This is the offense you’d expect from a team with their mediocre batting analytics, not the one that magically scored ten runs against the Braves, which has to make things even worse for Braves fans. 

 

Now watch the Nats go Full 2007 Rockies, win tonight and then get crushed in the World Series thanks to too much time off, their opponent being much better than them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

One more. This is the offense you’d expect from a team with their mediocre batting analytics, not the one that magically scored ten runs against the Braves, which has to make things even worse for Braves fans. 

 

Now watch the Nats go Full 2007 Rockies, win tonight and then get crushed in the World Series thanks to too much time off, their opponent being much better than them. 

 

 

You have to remember, the balls have to be different because they aren’t traveling as far. Atleast that’s what the cardinals are trying to make people believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dont care said:

You have to remember, the balls have to be different because they aren’t traveling as far. Atleast that’s what the cardinals are trying to make people believe.

 

Right and the Nationals aren't using the same baseballs. Is part of The Cardinal Way to bitch about everything? Is that what they teach in their minor league system? Because we're here in 2019 and the same kind of bullshirt was going on with them back in 2010. "Soto's grabbing his nuts! Acuna's not running the bases correctly! The balls are weird!" This is why everyone hates them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May have to get another fork and stick it on the bum Yankees. Better luck in the 2020s I guess. Swinging for the 450 feet statcast home runs rather than focusing on getting on base. That is what gets them eliminated all the time. Gutted. Gut punch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, the Expos are going to the World Series. 

 

 

Poor Mariners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We weep for thee Bryce Harper. I just lied there. Suck it Phenom!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time Washington, D.C hosted a World Series game, Teddy Roosevelt was POTUS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.