infrared41's Best and Worst - Week 4 NFL 2019

Apologies for running way late this week. Real life got in the way. Since we're so late, let's dispense with the pleasantries and get right to the lists. As always, the lists are solely my opinion. Your opinion may (and probably will) be different than mine. That's fine. Keep the conversation civil and the rest will take care of itself. 

Best:

1. Raiders - Colts: Two stone cold classic looks. It doesn't get any better. Every game should look this good.

ESNBKkF.jpg

2. NY Giants - Washington: This one probably gets the top spot in most weeks, but not this one. Another great match up of two classic looks.

n74WVMA.jpg

3. Cowboys - Saints: Put the Saints in gold pants and this one is in the running for the top spot. That said, it's another great looking match up.

C05lq1R.jpg

4. Eagles - Packers: You know it's a strong week when this game is number four on the list. 

w3wTAZT.jpg

5. Bengals - Steelers: A rare Bengals appearance on the best list. I thought the CR uniforms looked pretty good matched up against the Steelers. There's still work to be done, but this Bengals look is the best Bengals look. Needed black on the socks.

dWFUxAg.jpg 

Worst:

1. Seahawks - Cardinals: A whole lotta ugly going on here. The Cardinals have a great helmet. That's something, I guess.

RjM8WoN.jpg

2. Browns - Ravens: This could have been this week's "Not the worst looking game I've ever seen", but the Ravens ruined it with the monochrome purple. Holy hell, what a mess.

DLKHC9M.jpg

3. Jaguars - Broncos: What happens when two good color schemes are very poorly executed? This does.

fwk4LXz.jpg

That's all for this week. I'm headed out of town on Monday so the lists may be late again, but we'll do it all again sometime next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

Surprised Bears-Vikings didn't make either list. Personally I'm a huge fan of the throwbacks, but I could definitely see why someone wouldn't like them. I'd put that game at #2 on the best list but the rest I think is spot on.

Baltimore's monochrome purple was fantastic. Most players wore black socks, some wore white, but either choice was better than purple socks. For me, the is how to do monochrome...the socks must be a different color. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Best:

1. Raiders - Colts: Two stone cold classic looks. It doesn't get any better. Every game should look this good.

ESNBKkF.jpg

This look is classic enough that it still gives me nightmares about The Ghost to the Post.

It would look even better if the Colts' pants stripes weren't so wide, but they probably counts as nitpicking.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Apologies for running way late this week. Real life got in the way. Since we're so late, let's dispense with the pleasantries and get right to the lists. As always, the lists are solely my opinion. Your opinion may (and probably will) be different than mine. That's fine. Keep the conversation civil and the rest will take care of itself. 

Best:

ESNBKkF.jpg

Is it just me or do the Colts pants look like a dull silver instead of white?

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Follow-up. I think we need to make a distinction between monochrome and jersey/pants matching.

And what would that distinction be? Call it what you want, it's still uglier than :censored:

BB52Big.jpg

5 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

Surprised Bears-Vikings didn't make either list. Personally I'm a huge fan of the throwbacks, but I could definitely see why someone wouldn't like them. I'd put that game at #2 on the best list but the rest I think is spot on.

I think the Bears jerseys are solid and the helmet was OK, but the rest of the uniform didn't do much for me. 

BB52Big.jpg

NYG vs WAS was #1 for me. I don’t care for either individually, but when together, the colors look great. I prefer games where there’s warm and cool colors, opposed to something like Colts and Raiders where it’s all cool. 

Bengals should never make this list in those all white uniforms (or their regular ones.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/3/2019 at 11:15 AM, infrared41 said:

3. Cowboys - Saints: Put the Saints in gold pants and this one is in the running for the top spot. That said, it's another great looking match up.

C05lq1R.jpg

Overall, I really like this matchup, but like you I wish the Saints had gold pants to match. I'd also like it if they changed the shade of gold on their helmets to be more like the shade used on the rest of the color rush set.

I've normally hated the Cowboys in blue, but I've started to come around on it. I still don't like the number outlines, and would prefer that the sleeve stripes didn't have the star over them.

the Bears ‘36 uniform is my all time favorite. ive waited so many years to see it on field and the matchup against the Viks i think was a solid choice. if i have a dying uniform wish, its to see it worn with the Lions throwbacks, but they still totally delivered for me. it was a great day to be a football uniform nerd

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They play the Lions on Thanksgiving. Why not have both teams wear their throwbacks for that? The Bears should not wear white at home under any circumstance.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/6/2019 at 9:34 PM, the admiral said:

They play the Lions on Thanksgiving. Why not have both teams wear their throwbacks for that? The Bears should not wear white at home under any circumstance.

It makes to much sense to wear them on Thanksgiving against the Lions.

Archived