NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (New York added!)

sawakita33

First up is Charlotte:

spacer.png

1. Team Lebron is red (Bobcats colors). Team Giannis is blue (Hornets colors).

2. The design is based on the Baron Davis Charlotte uniforms.

3. Shiny team logos are inspired by the 1991 Charlotte All Star Game uniforms.

4. The waist logo was actually used in the celebrity game uniforms.

• sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Charlotte)
  • sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Los Angeles added)
On 10/10/2019 at 1:53 AM, BigRed618 said:

Oh! Now I see what you’re doing. You’re just using the jersey styles, but making one team red and one blue.

Yes! :) I think of reddish and bluish color combinations from the city's design history and assign them to the "west" and "east" teams respectively. So to be precise Charlotte Team Lebron is red orange while Team Giannis and Los Angeles Team Lebron are blue violet.

1 hour ago, sawakita33 said:

The waist logo was actually used in the Rising Stars game.

It was actually the Celebrity game.

(nice job tho)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Here is this year's All Star Game city — Chicago:

v8Epj3s.png

1. Both teams sport the Chicago flag colors. Red for Team Spida and light blue for Team Lavine.

2. The design was based on the timeless Chicago Bulls uniforms.

3. The waist logo is the Chicago flag. The stars in the diamonds are the Chicago flag stars.

• sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Chicago added)
On 10/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, sawakita33 said:

Here is this year's All Star Game city — Chicago:

v8Epj3s.png

1. Both teams sport the Chicago flag colors. Red for Team Spida and light blue for Team Lavine.

2. The design was based on the timeless Chicago Bulls uniforms.

3. The waist logo is the Chicago flag. The stars in the diamonds are the Chicago flag stars.

This was something All Star game unis in the 60s through the early 80s used to do before the NBA established a standard NBA uniform up until the Phoenix All Star game in 1994. That's when NBA switched to city specific All Star uniforms until 1997, when the teams wore their regular home or away uniforms with an All Star Game patch. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/14/2019 at 12:46 AM, MJWalker45 said:

This was something All Star game unis in the 60s through the early 80s used to do before the NBA established a standard NBA uniform up until the Phoenix All Star game in 1994. That's when NBA switched to city specific All Star uniforms until 1997, when the teams wore their regular home or away uniforms with an All Star Game patch. 

Woah! I only remember the Washington one. I didn't know that they did it to a lot others. I just checked it here and the San Francisco one looks like it can be added in this thread 😆

• sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Indiana added)

Finally, we have Cleveland:

tzuM5Ke.png

1. Team D'Angelo is maroon. Team Love is dark blue. The colors are inspired by the Cavaliers theme in Lebron's first stint in Cleveland.

2. The design is based on the 1970's stripes patterned Cavaliers uniforms.

3. The waist logo is the same as the Cav's city uniforms' last year (which came from Destination Cleveland).

As a bonus I will be adding a concept for the recently announced Salt Lake City All Star Game. 😀

• sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Indiana and Cleveland added!)

For the last All Star City, here's Salt Lake:

YfK5bXC.png

1. Team Spida is red (Jazz City Uniform colors) while Team Lauri is blue violet (90's Jazz colors).

2. The design is a mix of the Jazz City uniform and the 90's Mountain uniform.

3. The waist logo is the Jazz's Utah State Basketball logo. The stars on the sides is a nod to the Utah Stars.

I will still be posting concepts but only different versions of my previous posts.

• sawakita33 changed the title to NBA All Star Game Uniform Concepts (Utah added!)

sHow about those all star games where players only wore their teams jersey? Mid 2000s?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 11/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, Blindsay said:

How about those all star games where players only wore their teams jersey? Mid 2000s?

That's an interesting idea. 😁

So they would be:

Cleveland (1997)

New York (1998)

Oakland (2000) - maybe San Francisco?

Washington (2001)

Philadelphia (2002)

I could make them after I finish the version 2's of my initial posts. If people ask for it I can make all 30 teams if I have time. 🤣

Back again is Charlotte:

hkTsk0q.png

I trimmed the sides a bit so it looks simpler. And as you can see, there are actually two new versions.

Version 2 is black and white like the actual all star game jerseys. Team logos apparently look less out of place when placed in dominantly black and white jerseys.

I think these look better than the first version. But the black jersey doesn't feel like a Charlotte team anymore. And I'm not really a fan of using big team logos in front. Which brings us to..

Version 3 replaces the team logo with an "All Star" wordmark. It actually came from the original Charlotte All Star Game logo.

Archived