NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

Hey everyone, 

It's been a long time since I've posted on the boards but I am back with a project that I have been wanting to do for awhile now. Re-designing the NFL has always been an idea of mine but I never had the time. Well, over summer I finally had some time, got a new/faster computer and started going to work. Anyone who has followed my other threads, know that I'm not a big logo designer but I learned how to use Illustrator and with this new knowledge, there will be some logo changes to the league. Before I get started, I just want to lay down some guidelines for this thread.

• One helmet rule still applies (I don't hate this rule because I don't want NFL teams having multiple different helmets like in college).
  • Color Rush uniforms for every team
  • No NFL 100 logo on helmets and uniforms

I'll start out with my favorite team's division and work through the NFC, then the AFC, and then I might finish it out with a few surprises. In my next post I'll have the Packers' concepts. Alright here we go.

NFC NORTH                                                NFC EAST                                                         NFC SOUTH                                                        NFC WEST

Chicago Bears                                             Dallas Cowboys v2.0                                        Atlanta Falcons v2.0                                            Arizona Cardinals 2.0 3.0

Detroit Lions v2.0 v3.0                                 New York Giants                                               Carolina Panthers v2.0                                        Los Angeles Rams

Green Bay Packers                                      Philadelphia Eagles v2.0 v3.0                           New Orleans Saints                                             San Francisco 49ers v2.0

Minnesota Vikings v2.0                                Washington Redtails v2.0 v3.0                         Tampa Bay Buccaneers                                       Seattle Seahawks v2.0

AFC NORTH                                                 AFC EAST                                                          AFC SOUTH                                                        AFC WEST

Baltimore Ravens                                         Buffalo Bills                                                        Houston Texans                                                  Denver Broncos 

Cleveland Browns                                        Miami Dolphins                                                   Indianapolis Colts                                               Kansas City Chiefs

Cincinnati Bengals                                       New England Patriots                                         Jacksonville Jaguars                                           Las Vegas Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers                                      New York Jets v2.0                                             Tennessee Titans                                                Los Angeles Chargers

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREEN BAY PACKERS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Design:

• In my totally (un)biased opinion, the Packers have the best uniforms in football and maybe the best uniforms in all of sports. So no drastic changes here.
  • The only thing that bothers me is the inconsistent striping on the collar and sleeve
  • The iconic triple stripe is now on the jersey. No more space in between the three stripes on the collar and the sleeve
  • Same wordmark font and number font

Helmet

• Unchanged

Jersey

• Updated stripe changes on sleeve and collar
  • Updated template (Hopefully with the new regime in Green Bay they will do this because the mesh jersey looks very outdated)

Pants

• Unchanged

Socks and Cleats

• Added sock stripes. There will be a trend in this thread and that is the addition of sock striping. (I love the extra color and the old school feel of socks stripes)
  • White cleats instead of black. To me, it looks better with the legendary green and gold

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• KELLY GREEN. This has been talked about for awhile among uniform fans and I finally put the idea onto paper (or a screen)
  • Not only this is a color rush, but it is also a throwback  
  • This would be the replacement of the awful blue and gold throwbacks
  • Double golden stripe just like the 1950 uniforms

HELMET

• No stripes or logo (Just like the throwbacks)
  • Facemask, front, and back bumper wordmark colors are changed to Kelly green

JERSEY

• Double golden stripe on sleeves and collar
  • Golden numbers

PANTS

• Green pants for the first time since 1953
  • Double golden stripe on pants

Socks and Cleats

• All Kelly green socks with double golden stripe
  • Kelly green cleats with golden accents

Thanks for looking everyone and I am super excited to share my concepts with you all. And as always, C&C is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

On 10/8/2019 at 5:19 AM, heavybassX said:

MUCH likes, very much likes.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:04 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

An amazing start to a promising series. A solid and logical update for the Packers, great presentation, all around a great start. Looking forward to the rest of the thread.

Thanks for the comments! I'll go onto the next team then.

CHICAGO BEARS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changed the iconic wishbone C logo a little bit
  • No double outline but one thick single outline
  • Orange C on blue background, Blue C on Orange background

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN:

• Changed the away striping from B/O/B to blue stripes with orange outlines. The same striping found on the home and alt jersey.

HELMET

• Changed the front bumper to blue with an orange outline and the back bumper to "CHICAGO" instead of "BEARS"
  • Nothing else is changed

JERSEY

• Home and Alt jersey remain the same. Away jersey stripes changed

PANTS

• Unchanged

SOCKS

• White socks have updated white striping

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Exact same color rush as now

I should have said this before, but the NFC North is going to be kind of boring because I did not change much. I believe the four teams have pretty solid uniforms already. So please bear with me because I have 20 teams who have complete uniform overhauls and 20 teams (some the same, some not) with new or edited logos.

As always thanks for looking and C&C is greatly appreciated!

I really like the orange top/blue britches for the Bears. I feel like I shouldn’t like it, but I do. I think it’s a good color balance and I wouldn’t mind seeing the team try it once in real life. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I love the Packers (except for your opinion on the blue and gold throwbacks, those are sweet) and the Bears as is, my main gripe with those uniforms were the striping inconsistencies — with those fixed in your designs, they look perfect!

On 10/9/2019 at 12:24 AM, Chawls said:

I really like the orange top/blue britches for the Bears. I feel like I shouldn’t like it, but I do. I think it’s a good color balance and I wouldn’t mind seeing the team try it once in real life. 

Thanks! I really like that combo also. When I was doing my research I was shocked that they have not done that yet, but now here it is.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:40 AM, ahowe6464 said:

I love the Packers (except for your opinion on the blue and gold throwbacks, those are sweet) and the Bears as is, my main gripe with those uniforms were the striping inconsistencies — with those fixed in your designs, they look perfect!

Haha yeah I've found people either love or hate the throwbacks. But thanks! The inconsistencies really bugged me too so that's now fixed.

Also, here is a comparison of the old Bears logo and what the new one looks like compared to other teams

spacer.png             ➡️                  spacer.png

Not much change, but a necessary one. Thanks guys and I should have Detroit up tomorrow.

12 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Kelly Green Packers remind me of the Oregon Ducks a bit.

It's funny you say that because they were an inspiration (along with the throwbacks) for the color rush uniforms. I still say that the Mariota Rose Bowl Kelly Greens and the throwback Kelly Greens are in my top 5 of college football uniforms. The colors just blend so well together and thought it'd be perfect for the Packers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, natolian10 said:

It's funny you say that because they were an inspiration (along with the throwbacks) for the color rush uniforms. I still say that the Mariota Rose Bowl Kelly Greens and the throwback Kelly Greens are in my top 5 of college football uniforms. The colors just blend so well together and thought it'd be perfect for the Packers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yup those are the exact unis I was referencing, I should have clarified and said the 90s uniforms.

Alright onto Detroit.

DETROIT LIONS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• I really like what the Lions did two years ago with their re-desings. So it's mainly the same
  • Added white and silver in between the stripes 

HELMET

• New striping added
  • Blue facemask instead of gray

JERSEYS

• New striping added
  • Removed the "WCF" and "LIONS" patch on the sleeves. It just seems tacky to me

PANTS:

• New striping added

SOCKS

• Unchanged

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Same gray uniform except new facemask and new striping

THROWBACK

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Same exact design as now
  • Gray facemask is back

Next team will be Minnesota to finish up the NFC North with a new (just slightly updated) logo! Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

14 hours ago, Chawls said:

Can we see grey socks with the blue pants?

Either this or white socks with the striping pattern from the sleeves would be a massive improvement to any combinations with the blue pants.

Overall, I'm really liking this so far, can't wait to see the rest of the league!

On 10/10/2019 at 10:07 PM, BellaSpurs said:

The only thing I’d change to that Lions set is the blue facemask was a downgrade, keep it grey.
Everything else though is gorgeous, the inclusion of white really helps and looks good, easily my favorite so far!

On 10/12/2019 at 1:41 AM, Chawls said:

Can we see grey socks with the blue pants?

How about something like this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived