DESIGN

• Uniform is based off the amazing color rush uniforms 
  • New wordmark and number font
  • New helmet and pant stripe is based off the new number font
  • Jersey stripe is from the color rush uniform

HELMET

• Satin old gold helmet with black facemask
  • New stripe
  • I used a white logo with a black outline because it matches the stripe and number colors. Plus the black outline made it pop a little more

JERSEYS

• Same stripe as the color rush jerseys
  • White numbers on the home and gold colors on the road

PANTS

• New striping on black and gold pants

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Gold cleats
  • Black socks with stripe (I tired gold socks but it didn't look right)

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Same jersey and helmet as the away uniform

PANTS

• White pants with new striping

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• All white socks with jersey stripe
  • White shoes with gold accents

I have been digging these so far! And while I agree with the need for the Saints to update their uniforms - it's so disjointed - I'm not a fan of the logo update. It's essentially the edit you made to the Bears' logo. Doing it once is fine, and feels appropriate  but it's too simple here. New Orleans is a city with flare, so, I would suggest the fleur-de-lis be more detailed/modernized - think the Bucks' update. The multiple outlines don't have to return, but just making them into one thick line isn't the solution.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, NH4 said:

And now a double post

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Silver is eliminated and white takes its place

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• I decided to use stripes from the U.S. flag but I used 6 stripes because of the 6 New England states
  • I didn't realize it was going to be an asymmetric stripe but I don't mind it
  • With their great quarterback leaving, this is a perfect time for the Patriots to re-design their uniforms (I know they are tweaking their uniforms but I think a total re-design would be better)

HELMET

• White helmet returns (which opens the opportunity for a Patriot Pat throwback)
  • Blue facemask with the blue and white jerseys and a red facemask with the red jersey

JERSEYS

• Outdated piping is gone and the stripe is on the sleeve caps
  • A lot of concepts for the Patriots bring back the shoulder stripes so I wanted to try something different
  • Number font resembles the current word-mark
  • No wordmark on front
  • Shoulder numbers

PANTS

• Blue and white pants
  • Striping on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• White cleats
  • Blue socks with blue and white jerseys
  • Red socks with red jersey
  • Stripes on the socks

COLOR RUSH

wmG0M7J.png

spacer.png

• Same blue uniform
  • Added all blue socks and accessories

Also a little update. With both LA teams introducing new logos this past week, I have decided to not change my Rams concept (because I like the old logos way better than the new logos). The Chargers concept will include the new logo and my concept has remained mainly unchanged. 

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is appreciated!

The Pats are my favorite team, so I definitely was looking forward to seeing these! I like the symbolism of six stripes for six states, but I feel like it's a bit much? Maybe fit the six stripes into the space of three stripes? So, they all would be half the size now. I'm glad you brought in a red jersey - even if New England didn't change the overall design, I think a red version of the current jersey as the home would be a nice change in a new era. 

On 3/31/2020 at 7:07 PM, ahowe6464 said:

Wow. I love this concept!!! Wouldn't be the least bit upset if my Pats ever went with something like this.

I don't mind the asymmetric stripe either, but I think the only place it doesn't work too well is the helmet (which is weird, because I don't think it's a vertical stripe thing - I like it a whole lot on the pants).

Thanks! I think it might look weird on the helmet because of the lines from the template make the asymmetric stripes stand out more. I don't know that's only a guess.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:07 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Ya know, I'm not sure why but the number font reminds me of the Bears' number font, the whole home uniform seems oddly close to the Bears, otherwise i quite like the concept, big upgrade over their current set!

Thanks! I can see the uniform being close to the Bears with the navy, red/orange and the sleeve stripes from the Bears is kind of similar. But the numbers are Legend M54 which is a block font unlike the Bears.

21 hours ago, HypnotizedPenguin said:

The Pats are my favorite team, so I definitely was looking forward to seeing these! I like the symbolism of six stripes for six states, but I feel like it's a bit much? Maybe fit the six stripes into the space of three stripes? So, they all would be half the size now. I'm glad you brought in a red jersey - even if New England didn't change the overall design, I think a red version of the current jersey as the home would be a nice change in a new era. 

That is a good idea for the stripes and I actually did try that. However, once I shrunk the stripes they became very small and almost blended into one color (I don't know how to explain it super well but like the white/red almost looked pink and the blue/red looked more purple/black. Kind of like an optical illusion).

I'm glad you like the red jersey though! I feel like the red jersey is such a big part of the Pats history that not having one just feels weird so it was a no brainier to add it.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:11 AM, HypnotizedPenguin said:

I have been digging these so far! And while I agree with the need for the Saints to update their uniforms - it's so disjointed - I'm not a fan of the logo update. It's essentially the edit you made to the Bears' logo. Doing it once is fine, and feels appropriate  but it's too simple here. New Orleans is a city with flare, so, I would suggest the fleur-de-lis be more detailed/modernized - think the Bucks' update. The multiple outlines don't have to return, but just making them into one thick line isn't the solution.

Thanks for the comment and I get what you're saying. That could be something I look into when I go back and do the throwbacks

And now to finish up the AFC East, the Jets

NEW YORK JETS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• So I really hate the new uniforms and don’t really like the logo. But I don't mind the new green
  • Returned to a football shape instead of an oval
  • Combination of logos with the "JETS" script and the jet coming off the J
  • Block font is new (for some reason this font screamed New York to me and I was originally going to use it for the Giants but I used it here)
  • Kept the logo simple with no football or "New York" script inside the shape
  • Return to kelly green and white. Black is eliminated 

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Return to the old design of uniforms the Jets used for years
  • The old design is unique and classic to me because it uses UCLA stripes but also uses a colored shoulder cap
  • I thought the old color rush uniforms were so close to perfection and had hope they would use those for their re-design
  • New font for the wordmark and numbers

HELMET

• White helmet with two stripes returns
  • Kelly green facemask
  • New logo is added

JERSEYS

• Return to the old design
  • New number font is added
  • Left off the left chest patch that the old uniforms had

PANTS

• White pants for home and away. Green pants for away 
  • Two stripe design on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• White cleats
  • Green socks with stripes added

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Added green pants and accessories
  • Similar to the old color rush

Thanks for looking guys and I'll have the AFC North up next with 3 new designs and an update.

Looks great, I'm not sure how I feel about their actual uniforms, I like the new green and the logo but the jerseys are pretty terrible. These are what they should've done, I always thought the old ones were classic and with a new green they could be really nice. For some reason I'm excited to see what you do with the Ravens, I think they already have a pretty good set except for the terrible logo, so I'm interested to see what you could do with them. Good job on the jets!

The Jets look awesome, my only complaint is the block font on the logo. It doesn't convey movement all that well to me and the shape of the football could be compressed vertically a little more to fit that emphasis on speed that should come with a name like Jets. Other than that, the colors and uniforms are perfect and I love your concepts so far!

the user formerly known as cdclt

I am not a fan of this Jets remake. I agree that this year's update was bleh (especially with the green helmet not matching the green jersey), but going back to the previous version more-or-less is not a great move, I feel.

I have an idea I had sketched some time ago: an NYJ logo. Every letter is slanted, indicating movement, but it's more stylized than the current Jets mark . So the Y is higher than the N, and the J is higher than the Y - like a plane taking off. And the J's lower line is flat instead of curved, and goes under the N and Y. 

Every New York City or City-adjacent team has an NY logo somewhere, so it makes sense if the Jets made it a primary. 

As for the Pats, weird about the stripe blend. I wonder if that would be inevitable when viewing them from afar? But maybe not. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, QCS said:

The Jets look awesome, my only complaint is the block font on the logo. It doesn't convey movement all that well to me and the shape of the football could be compressed vertically a little more to fit that emphasis on speed that should come with a name like Jets. Other than that, the colors and uniforms are perfect and I love your concepts so far!

I never thought to convey speed in the logo so that is a great idea.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, HypnotizedPenguin said:

I am not a fan of this Jets remake. I agree that this year's update was bleh (especially with the green helmet not matching the green jersey), but going back to the previous version more-or-less is not a great move, I feel.

I have an idea I had sketched some time ago: an NYJ logo. Every letter is slanted, indicating movement, but it's more stylized than the current Jets mark . So the Y is higher than the N, and the J is higher than the Y - like a plane taking off. And the J's lower line is flat instead of curved, and goes under the N and Y. 

Every New York City or City-adjacent team has an NY logo somewhere, so it makes sense if the Jets made it a primary. 

As for the Pats, weird about the stripe blend. I wonder if that would be inevitable when viewing them from afar? But maybe not. 

The reason I did not put an "NY" in the logo was because I thought it would be too cluttered. But I did create some options that have it.

So, with all the recommendations in mind, here is what I came up with:

spacer.png

• 2, 4, and 6 are vertically compressed
  • 3 and 4 have the text and football rotated
  • 5 and 6 have the football rotated

While I was trying to figure out how to put "NY" or "New York" into the logo, nothing seemed to click. Then I realized to change it up a little more:

spacer.png

• Large jet in the middle of the football
  • I don't know if it's too cluttered now though (especially for a helmet logo)

Then I just got the idea wheels turning and wondered what a full jet would look like, instead of the half jet:

RQJWCiQ.png

I liked this design so I wanted to see what it would look like without the text:

BlyzjRj.png

• I realized that these might be better as alternate logos than a primary logo
  • However, the only other NFL team with text in the logo is the Steelers (which I have a new logo concept for them). This makes sense because if the primary logo is going to be on the helmets, you don't want a complicated logo that might not be fully legible from far away. So maybe a stripped down logo like this might work. 

I just wanted to have a variety of different options and like I said, maybe some can be used as an alternate for a different primary logo. Thanks everyone and let me know which one you like best.

I think if you take option 7 and italicize the "New York" to match the "Jets" you'll have your primary. I agree in keeping option 11 as an alternate, maybe even as the helmet logo. 

I think an NY would be much better than Jets wordmark, the font is also awkward inside the football,I think the change of font is unnecessary, just use an update version of the old NY football they used as an alternate before the most recent update. Uniforms are spot on though

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, NH4 said:

I never thought to convey speed in the logo so that is a great idea.

The reason I did not put an "NY" in the logo was because I thought it would be too cluttered. But I did create some options that have it.

So, with all the recommendations in mind, here is what I came up with:

spacer.png

• 2, 4, and 6 are vertically compressed
  • 3 and 4 have the text and football rotated
  • 5 and 6 have the football rotated

While I was trying to figure out how to put "NY" or "New York" into the logo, nothing seemed to click. Then I realized to change it up a little more:

spacer.png

• Large jet in the middle of the football
  • I don't know if it's too cluttered now though (especially for a helmet logo)

Then I just got the idea wheels turning and wondered what a full jet would look like, instead of the half jet:

RQJWCiQ.png

I liked this design so I wanted to see what it would look like without the text:

BlyzjRj.png

• I realized that these might be better as alternate logos than a primary logo
  • However, the only other NFL team with text in the logo is the Steelers (which I have a new logo concept for them). This makes sense because if the primary logo is going to be on the helmets, you don't want a complicated logo that might not be fully legible from far away. So maybe a stripped down logo like this might work. 

I just wanted to have a variety of different options and like I said, maybe some can be used as an alternate for a different primary logo. Thanks everyone and let me know which one you like best.

I actually really like 12! The jet's wings double as two of the laces. It would've been a proper logo update last year. I still don't like the font, though - I think it runs counter to the idea of sleekness in a jet. I'd like to lean on my suggestion again with italicized, flat letters in an "NYJ" or "JETS." (Kind of like K-State.)

On 4/15/2020 at 11:08 AM, QCS said:

I think if you take option 7 and italicize the "New York" to match the "Jets" you'll have your primary. I agree in keeping option 11 as an alternate, maybe even as the helmet logo. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think an NY would be much better than Jets wordmark, the font is also awkward inside the football,I think the change of font is unnecessary, just use an update version of the old NY football they used as an alternate before the most recent update. Uniforms are spot on though

17 hours ago, HypnotizedPenguin said:

I actually really like 12! The jet's wings double as two of the laces. It would've been a proper logo update last year. I still don't like the font, though - I think it runs counter to the idea of sleekness in a jet. I'd like to lean on my suggestion again with italicized, flat letters in an "NYJ" or "JETS." (Kind of like K-State.)

I wanted a block font to match the numbers but I can see how it doesn't mesh with the logo. So here are some of the options that were liked with the font that is currently used by the Jets:

spacer.png

I'd like to narrow down to a primary but all of these look like they could be used as an alternate logo (along with option 11 and 12 from my last post). Once that happens, I'm going to have a variety of different helmet options. Thanks everyone! 

To me, 1 looks the most visually balanced, but in all of them, I think it'll look better if all the characters if "Jets" had the same size, since right now the larger J distracts from the entire word. The font looks a ton better, though!

Archived