NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

18 minutes ago, QCS said:

To me, 1 looks the most visually balanced, but in all of them, I think it'll look better if all the characters if "Jets" had the same size, since right now the larger J distracts from the entire word. The font looks a ton better, though!

I gotcha. I updated the post with all the Jets letters the same size. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, NH4 said:

I gotcha. I updated the post with all the Jets letters the same size. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, that looks better. I still think option 1 is the best as the primary, but using the textless options as alts is also a great idea.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

I wanted a block font to match the numbers but I can see how it doesn't mesh with the logo. So here are some of the options that were liked with the font that is currently used by the Jets:

spacer.png

I'd like to narrow down to a primary but all of these look like they could be used as an alternate logo (along with option 11 and 12 from my last post). Once that happens, I'm going to have a variety of different helmet options. Thanks everyone! 

I'd get rid of the jet part of the logo, it reminds me more of the Sky Dance bridge in OKC rather than a jet. If you want to include the jet, I'd shrink it down significantly and stick it onto the wordmark, like the 80s logo, then put that in the football. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I think the main issue with the jet is that you are putting a wing on the jet while the original jet only had the tail shown with a vapor trail. I think that if you did something closer that it would look a lot better.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, QCS said:

To me, 1 looks the most visually balanced, but in all of them, I think it'll look better if all the characters if "Jets" had the same size, since right now the larger J distracts from the entire word. The font looks a ton better, though!

May be a nod to the previous logo which also had a larger J

spacer.png

On 11/26/2019 at 12:44 PM, NH4 said:

Here's the home uniform with white numbers and away uniform with black numbers and blue stripes

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, I'm sorry I did not upload these until now, I was in Alaska the last week. But I'll have the Saints up once everybody thinks the Panthers look good (the Saints are my personal favorite re-design that I did by the way).

I just now saw these, so sorry if this is too late, but seeing the logo on the blue pants makes me think that the helmet might look better in blue

On 3/31/2020 at 4:33 PM, NH4 said:

And now a double post

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Silver is eliminated and white takes its place

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• I decided to use stripes from the U.S. flag but I used 6 stripes because of the 6 New England states
  • I didn't realize it was going to be an asymmetric stripe but I don't mind it
  • With their great quarterback leaving, this is a perfect time for the Patriots to re-design their uniforms (I know they are tweaking their uniforms but I think a total re-design would be better)

HELMET

• White helmet returns (which opens the opportunity for a Patriot Pat throwback)
  • Blue facemask with the blue and white jerseys and a red facemask with the red jersey

JERSEYS

• Outdated piping is gone and the stripe is on the sleeve caps
  • A lot of concepts for the Patriots bring back the shoulder stripes so I wanted to try something different
  • Number font resembles the current word-mark
  • No wordmark on front
  • Shoulder numbers

PANTS

• Blue and white pants
  • Striping on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• White cleats
  • Blue socks with blue and white jerseys
  • Red socks with red jersey
  • Stripes on the socks

COLOR RUSH

wmG0M7J.png

spacer.png

• Same blue uniform
  • Added all blue socks and accessories

Also a little update. With both LA teams introducing new logos this past week, I have decided to not change my Rams concept (because I like the old logos way better than the new logos). The Chargers concept will include the new logo and my concept has remained mainly unchanged. 

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is appreciated!

They should’ve listened to you.  Great job and keep it up!!

spacer.png

On 4/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

May be a nod to the previous logo which also had a larger J

spacer.png

Yeah I just took the text straight from a vector file of that logo, that's why the J was still larger.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, kb105 said:

I think the main issue with the jet is that you are putting a wing on the jet while the original jet only had the tail shown with a vapor trail. I think that if you did something closer that it would look a lot better.

Oh my gosh I never realized that, I always that it was a wing and a tail not a tail and a vapor trail. Learn something new everyday.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'd get rid of the jet part of the logo, it reminds me more of the Sky Dance bridge in OKC rather than a jet. If you want to include the jet, I'd shrink it down significantly and stick it onto the wordmark, like the 80s logo, then put that in the football. 

Ok so I took the suggestions and came up with a variety of different options:

spacer.png

So my thoughts are that 1 and 2 could be used together with one being the primary logo and one being an alternate logo (along with the jet and football logo). Or 3,4 and 5 could be used together with one being the primary, one being the secondary and #3 being the helmet logo. I'm kind of leaning towards 3,4,5 because I think #3 would look best on the helmet.

But I'd still like to get your guys' opinions on it. 

Thanks everyone and sorry this is taking longer than expected, I just want to make sure I get the best logo I can. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:03 AM, NH4 said:

I wanted a block font to match the numbers but I can see how it doesn't mesh with the logo. So here are some of the options that were liked with the font that is currently used by the Jets:

spacer.png

I'd like to narrow down to a primary but all of these look like they could be used as an alternate logo (along with option 11 and 12 from my last post). Once that happens, I'm going to have a variety of different helmet options. Thanks everyone! 

I still would go with 12 from the previous one as the primary, with 3 as an alternate. And going back to the jerseys, I think they could be more modernized like you did with Tampa and others. (I definitely would take your version of TB over their return to the 1997 look (although I did have a red replica of that when I was a kid)).

16 hours ago, WhitecapsForLife11 said:

What about option 3 with NY to the left of the wing? How would that look?

I did try that but it looked a little too cluttered.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, HypnotizedPenguin said:

I still would go with 12 from the previous one as the primary, with 3 as an alternate. And going back to the jerseys, I think they could be more modernized like you did with Tampa and others. (I definitely would take your version of TB over their return to the 1997 look (although I did have a red replica of that when I was a kid)).

Yeah I think I'm going to use 3 as the primary and 12 as the alternate. Mainly because I wanted to see how each one looked on a helmet and 3 looked better. As for the uniforms, I just love the old school uniforms but I did try to put the jet within the negative space of the stripes but it didn't work as good as I thought it would.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

3 is imo, the clear best option, If you want to fit an NY in there somewhere, I'd maybe take a shot at sticking it behind the jets wordmark like in previous iterations. But 3 could stand by it's self, it looks good.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, kb105 said:

I would agree 3 is the best option. If you want NY or New York in there as well, I’d suggest trying to see if you could find a way to use the negative space of the JETS.

Ok so with all the edits, it turns out all I had to do was change the font on my original logo back to the font the Jets currently use. So here are the final updates:

spacer.png

vuboZ8S.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

u8LEHX3.png

And here is the edited alternate logo:

spacer.png

Thanks everyone and Baltimore is up next.

BALTIMORE RAVENS

VzGGY5Q.png

LOGO:

• Removed the B (I think the B makes the logo look too cluttered)
  • Added more feathers and highlights to negate the blank space left by the B
  • White is removed (other than a highlight in the beak and the pupil) and replaced by gold. Same with the red eye
  • Feathers near the beak are removed and smoothed out
  • Eye is redesigned to look more menacing

UNIFORMS

JtmVies.png

O5AXLmn.png

9Vv11wl.png

vqir2Cx.png

Z8kzBsL.png

YvldwlG.png

FUnSlgK.png

DESIGN

• Went in a little different direction with the colors
  • I love their color rush uniform and primarily the gold numbers and I think the the colors work perfectly without white
  • I think no white is perfect for this team given its gothic roots
  • To be honest I had no idea what to do with the helmet and pants stripes so I kept the two tapered stripes but changed the color
  • Maryland flag added to the jersey shoulder caps (I know this is a very popular theme to do for the Ravens but I think it is a cool design)
  • New wordmark and number font

HELMET

• Black helmet with purple glow (similar to the old Jaguars helmet)
  • Updated stripe is added
  • New logo and word marks
  • Black facemask

JERSEYS

• Purple is the home jersey and black is the alternate
  • Purple and black flag on the shoulder caps (I tried a variety of different coloring and opacity options to make it visible but not outlandish)
  • New wordmark added on the chest

PANTS

• Black and purple pants (no gold pants)
  • Updated stripes added

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black socks
  • Purple cleats

COLOR RUSH

6XfW6I2.png

HAyho32.png

• Same design as the black alternate uniform
  • All black socks and cleats added

Not a Ravens fan personally, but I do live in Baltimore - I love this update! Especially removing the white - I only have a slight concern of how clear names will be in that gold, though I imagine it would be larger in real life. The current uniforms are annoying - I'm glad you got rid of the drop shadow. I don't actually know why they went with two tapered stripes - which don't match the purple on the home jersey - in the first place. Is it supposed to be a edge of a wing? Representing the speed of a raven swooping? I think it would be great if you created an alternate logo of the Ravens' shield in this color scheme - the design of the shield being more modern, but keeping with the color change of the Maryland flag. Alternatively, it could have just diamond part (Baltimore's city flag), and then maybe be the logo on the helmets when wearing the all-black. 

CINCINNATI BENGALS

2kgyluF.png

LOGO:

• Changed the primary logo from the B with stripes to the alternate bengal head
  • I think this logo is one of the most underrated in all of sports and NEEDS to be more prominent
  • For the comparison, I removed the oval stripe on the forehead and curved out the stripe above it

UNIFORMS

0OU4pvb.png

juOnp4X.png

uAShDMd.png

cx3n4hQ.png

VgA8vNE.png

XXrMqAn.png

jwKPJUc.png

DESIGN

HELMET

• Same exact helmet. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

JERSEYS

• Tiger stripes move to shoulder hoops just like the old ones
  • Colored collar
  • "BENGALS" chest wordmark

PANTS

• Black, white and orange pants
  • New stripes go all the way from top to bottom

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black socks with black and white jersey
  • Orange socks with orange jersey

COLOR RUSH

N8QIAwo.png

galIASx.png

• Same design as the home uniforms
  • All black with orange accents
  • Numbers and text change to orange with no outlines
  • I think this makes the orange pop a lot and look really cool

It's beautiful! Although the logo seems like an unnecessary change and a downgrade (from the original tiger, it's an upgrade over the B still) , the tiger looks like it's balding now. The uniforms on the other hand are a tremendous upgrade. I love just about everything about this set. Seriously I would critic it more but I got nothing. Maybe lessen the amount of tiger stripes similar to the current pants stripe, it's also a little weird looking on the orange pants, you can probably honestly just drop them, Cincinnati doesn't need orange pants. Otherwise, big thumbs up from a Bengals fan! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived