NH4

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright onto the last NFC North team.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• I've always disliked and been confused by the lack of purple but the vast amount of black in the logo
  • Changed color of black lines to purple. I thickened the lines as well
  • Added white outline to logo and white reflection/shine to helmet

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Two colored stripe is now throughout the whole uniform
  • More gold is added 

HELMET

• I am so glad the Vikings got the shade of purple right which looks way better with the jerseys. Kept the same satin shade
  • Changed facemask from black to purple
  • Eliminated black outline from logo
  • Changed back bumper from "VIKINGS" to "MINNESOTA"

JERSEY

• Added gold outline to numbers and name
  • Changed wordmark color on home jersey from gold to white with gold outline. Added gold outline to wordmark on away jersey
  • Sleeve design stays the same

PANTS

Socks and Cleats

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

HELMET

• Changed logo from white to all gold

JERSEY

• Unchanged

PANTS

• Unchanged

Socks and Cleats

• Unchanged

So now that the NFC North is done, I don't know if I want to post the NFC South or East yet. The South has new uniforms for all 4 teams and 4 updated logos; the East has new uniforms for all 4 teams and 2 updated or new logos. I guess I'll let you all decide. And as always thanks for looking and C&C is greatly appreciated!

I love the logo update. Amazing work. I think yellow outlines around the numbers and text are a step back, the yellow and white probably shouldnt be touching. Overall awesome work on the NFC North, I can't wait to see what comes next (my vote is for NFC South).

The NFC North may already be the best looking division in the NFL, but all of these concepts and fantastic improvements that I would love to see implemented by each team.

The Packers throwback is exactly what they should wear instead of those gaudy blue uniform, tan pants, green facemask eyesores. 

Great call on the single thick outline on Chicago's wishbone C and I'm really digging the orange over navy alternate. 

For the Lions, I think the blue facemask was the right call. Also, I see on the photo-realistic mock ups that there isn't that extra blue outline on the logo but on the 2D templates there is. Personally, I like the single white outline. 

Love the updated Vikings logo. It's amazing how a small change made the old logo better and then you've stepped it up a notch to produce a really fantastic looking logo that doesn't lose any of the old-school grit. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the number font. I've just always fount it odd looking. 

12 hours ago, natolian10 said:

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

HELMET

• Changed logo from white to all gold

JERSEY

• Unchanged

PANTS

• Unchanged

Socks and Cleats

• Unchanged

THAT...should exactly be done to their current Color Rush uniform. The white horn and its black outline remain the only out-of-place elements.

18 hours ago, Heitert said:

For the Lions, I think the blue facemask was the right call. Also, I see on the photo-realistic mock ups that there isn't that extra blue outline on the logo but on the 2D templates there is. Personally, I like the single white outline. 

Oh wow I did not even notice that. Here's the updated Lions illustration:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, luketheduke03 said:

Pretty much all home runs here! A couple of nitpicks: 

1. Really don't love blue pants for the Lions, it just ain't look right
  2. I've always preferred white pants on the Vikings roads

You might not like them, but as a Lions fan living in Michigan I have yet to meet a Lions fan who doesnt like them. I personally love them. Not for every game, but its a nice change.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:26 PM, natolian10 said:

Thanks for the comments! I'll go onto the next team then.

CHICAGO BEARS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changed the iconic wishbone C logo a little bit
  • No double outline but one thick single outline
  • Orange C on blue background, Blue C on Orange background

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN:

• Changed the away striping from B/O/B to blue stripes with orange outlines. The same striping found on the home and alt jersey.

HELMET

• Changed the front bumper to blue with an orange outline and the back bumper to "CHICAGO" instead of "BEARS"
  • Nothing else is changed

JERSEY

• Home and Alt jersey remain the same. Away jersey stripes changed

PANTS

• Unchanged

SOCKS

• White socks have updated white striping

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Exact same color rush as now

I should have said this before, but the NFC North is going to be kind of boring because I did not change much. I believe the four teams have pretty solid uniforms already. So please bear with me because I have 20 teams who have complete uniform overhauls and 20 teams (some the same, some not) with new or edited logos.

As always thanks for looking and C&C is greatly appreciated!

There are a couple of things I would change, for the sake of consistency.

1. Invert the striping pattern on the blue pants to W/O/W (orange outlined in white), to match the sleeves on the home jersey and home/color rush socks.

2. Invert the striping pattern on the away jersey and socks to B/O/B (orange outlined in blue). The stripes on the home and alternate jersey are inverse of the numbers, so it would make sense to do it here as well.

Other than that, I like what you've done here.

On the Vikings, one of the things that I have hated about our Uniforms since they were revealed in 2013 was the mismatched left and right numbers. I'd rather see number consistency with the left and right, preferably with the Sans-Serif right number.

Also, I am not a fan of our "Color Rush." Way too much gold for my taste. The Vikings are, and have always been, a Purple and White team, with gold accents. Not Purple and Gold with White accents. Id rather see a Color Rush inspired by one of the following Uniforms, as more of a Throwback. Vikings fans have been clamoring for the return of Throwbacks, since they stopped being worn in 2012. 

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

That Vikings logo + helmet update is excellent, and the shade of purple is really classy. Good call!

I like your color rush as-is, but I agree with @simtek34's suggestion to do a throwback of the '64 uniforms.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, K-Mac said:

There are a couple of things I would change, for the sake of consistency.

1. Invert the striping pattern on the blue pants to W/O/W (orange outlined in white), to match the sleeves on the home jersey and home/color rush socks.

2. Invert the striping pattern on the away jersey and socks to B/O/B (orange outlined in blue). The stripes on the home and alternate jersey are inverse of the numbers, so it would make sense to do it here as well.

Other than that, I like what you've done here.

Thanks! I actually tried going B/O/B on the white jerseys but there was too much orange and not enough blue for my liking. But I could try to invert the pants stripes to match. 

On 10/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, simtek34 said:

Also, I am not a fan of our "Color Rush." Way too much gold for my taste. The Vikings are, and have always been, a Purple and White team, with gold accents. Not Purple and Gold with White accents. Id rather see a Color Rush inspired by one of the following Uniforms, as more of a Throwback. Vikings fans have been clamoring for the return of Throwbacks, since they stopped being worn in 2012. 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:12 AM, vtgco said:

That Vikings logo + helmet update is excellent, and the shade of purple is really classy. Good call!

I like your color rush as-is, but I agree with @simtek34's suggestion to do a throwback of the '64 uniforms.

Oh don't worry, the "surprise" I indicated to in the first post may or may not be throwback related for a bunch of teams. 

So what I'm seeing is that the number outline on the Vikings' jerseys are not popular? If so that's definitely a change I can make.

Archived