NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

Ok so I know I was going to have the NFC South up and going, but when I was looking at Tampa Bay, I had some ideas that I just had to get all of your opinions on. My original concept included pewter but I had two ideas for the old creamsicle colors. Here they are:

OPTION 1 (PEWTER)

spacer.png

OPTION 2 (RED PRIMARY)

spacer.png

OPTION 3 (ORANGE PRIMARY)

spacer.png

A few things: - I am open for color changes in striping or anything else

- Orange touching white on the stripes does not look well (it's too bright for my liking)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2 and #3 are infinitely superior to #1 so that leaves it to the last two. I personally don't care for the helmet/logo on uniform #3 but I understand why you made those changes. The helmet and logo on #2 make it the best option imo.

Cant believe I'm saying this, but I like option 2 the best. I would still use an orange jersey for the alt, but I'd keep the red logo on the helmet. I also think it could maybe use a little pewter. Maybe on the sword stripe (instead of the light grey/silver) and as a number outine. Basically using option 1 jersey with the white helmet and pants.

Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the three options, but my order of preference would be 1, 3, 2. I’ve seen a few concepts drop pewter but still emphasize red and it just doesn’t do it for me. Granted, it still looks good above and wouldn’t be a bad option, but in my opinion, if you’re going to drop pewter, go all in on the creamsicle 

The Vikings logo update is really good. I'm not sure about the number outline. I like keeping yellow and white separate, and leaving off an outline accomplishes that. Though you have also updated the pants to have a yellow stripe on white, so that's not necessarily inconsistent anymore. Overall, I'm more impressed with the logo update. The uniform update feels like more of a sidestep than a step forward. Maybe a design overhaul is needed to actually significantly upgrade the uniform. Good work though.

Also, here are the new Vikings' uniforms without the outline on the numbers, name and wordmark:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have to say, the jerseys look way better without the outlines.

I personally liked the outline, but how would it look both ways with matching numbers? I am not a fan of the mismatched serif/sans-serif quirk with our uniform, and would prefer to see just the right number used on both sides. The serif is just not good.

da0Lbhs.png

On 10/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, GDLions said:

Cant believe I'm saying this, but I like option 2 the best. I would still use an orange jersey for the alt, but I'd keep the red logo on the helmet. I also think it could maybe use a little pewter. Maybe on the sword stripe (instead of the light grey/silver) and as a number outine. Basically using option 1 jersey with the white helmet and pants.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:15 PM, BellaSpurs said:

There’s not enough contrast between the orange and red and I think it brings all of it down tbh, maybe try a darker red. The shade of pewter you chose also seems a bit off, maybe darken it as well

On 10/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, GDLions said:

Vikings update is nice, I liked the the outlines, but this is a clean look.

The darker red is better for Tampa but I still feel like it needs pewter accents around the numbers and the sword stripe.

How about this for Tampa?

spacer.png

- Kept darkened red. 

- Darkened pewter

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Ok I think I got Tampa Bay down, so I'll move onto Atlanta.

ATLANTA FALCONS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changed outline from gray to black

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

MKA5Q6V.png

DESIGN

• The horrible and outdated piping is gone. New design is based off the "wings" of the falcon logo
  • Stripe color does not change when on different background colors (I normally don't like this process but because the striping is based off the logo, I think it works here).
  • New font for the wordmark and numbers

HELMET

• Red helmet is back! This opens up for throwbacks and a black helmet for a different NFC South team...
  • Satin red helmet (a la Utah)
  • Black facemask
  • No Stripe

JERSEYS

• Red jersey continues as home
  • Black jersey is back! The Michael Vick jerseys are low-key one of my favorite jerseys so I wanted to bring back the black
  • Striping on each. 
  • "FALCONS" on home and alt, "ATLANTA" on away

PANTS

• Red, white, and black pants vary under jersey circumstances
  • Striping on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Red and black socks. Depends on the jersey color
  • Red cleats. Red shoes are popular in pop culture and Atlanta is a pop culture hot spot. Plus I think they look sweet.

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• All black with red. No white
  • Logo and stripe has white eliminated

HELMET

• Different colored logo on same helmet

JERSEY

• "ATL" wordmark. I kind of used the NBA's city edition jersey mantra here.
  • New colored striping

PANTS

• New colored striping

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black with red accents

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

Archived