NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, natolian10 said:

Ok I think I got Tampa Bay down, so I'll move onto Atlanta.

ATLANTA FALCONS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changed outline from gray to black

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

MKA5Q6V.png

DESIGN

• The horrible and outdated piping is gone. New design is based off the "wings" of the falcon logo
  • Stripe color does not change when on different background colors (I normally don't like this process but because the striping is based off the logo, I think it works here).
  • New font for the wordmark and numbers

HELMET

• Red helmet is back! This opens up for throwbacks and a black helmet for a different NFC South team...
  • Satin red helmet (a la Utah)
  • Black facemask
  • No Stripe

JERSEYS

• Red jersey continues as home
  • Black jersey is back! The Michael Vick jerseys are low-key one of my favorite jerseys so I wanted to bring back the black
  • Striping on each. 
  • "FALCONS" on home and alt, "ATLANTA" on away

PANTS

• Red, white, and black pants vary under jersey circumstances
  • Striping on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Red and black socks. Depends on the jersey color
  • Red cleats. Red shoes are popular in pop culture and Atlanta is a pop culture hot spot. Plus I think they look sweet.

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• All black with red. No white
  • Logo and stripe has white eliminated

HELMET

• Different colored logo on same helmet

JERSEY

• "ATL" wordmark. I kind of used the NBA's city edition jersey mantra here.
  • New colored striping

PANTS

• New colored striping

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black with red accents

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

I actually don't agree with Atlanta. I think it looks very amateurish. The Red helmet is one thing (I'm indifferent) but the red numbers especially on the black uniform look Arena football-ish. I'd reverse all the numbering colors and it probably with look more NFL-ish.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

4 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

I actually don't agree with Atlanta. I think it looks very amateurish. The Red helmet is one thing (I'm indifferent) but the red numbers especially on the black uniform look Arena football-ish. I'd reverse all the numbering colors and it probably with look more NFL-ish.

I can actually see this too — white numbers on the red and black (alternate, I like the red numbers on the color rush) would look sharp. I do like the red numbers on the away, though, but black numbers could potentially balance out the colors on that set.

That also has potential to further differentiate the CR and alternate jerseys, which are pretty similar as is.

7 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

I can actually see this too — white numbers on the red and black (alternate, I like the red numbers on the color rush) would look sharp. I do like the red numbers on the away, though, but black numbers could potentially balance out the colors on that set.

That also has potential to further differentiate the CR and alternate jerseys, which are pretty similar as is.

Like this? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Definitely an improvement. Still not sold on the red helmet, but still a massive upgrade from the current set. Good job once again, looking forward to the what you've drawn up for the rest of the league, especially New England.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Your Atlanta update is definitely an improvement from the first attempt (which is still substantially better than what they wear now). When I first saw the Falcons concept posted, there was something about it that just felt off to me, but I couldn't pinpoint it exactly what needed to change. The white numbers are the way to go, and, as much as I've always thought that the Falcons should go back to a red helmet, I think that a black shell would pair nicely with your uniforms. 

I think Atlanta is the first design that fell a bit short here. I like the red satin concept, but am a bit skeptical of the rest. The stripes seem too thin to me, and I'm not sure how much I like the font. I think the color rush is definitely the best set, and the rest could be adapted from that.

fiowXOD.png

Alright thanks for all the comments everyone! It looks like I might have to update Atlanta, so in the mean time here is Carolina:

CAROLINA PANTHERS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• A team that DESPERATELY needs an overhaul gets a modern makeover 
  • Silver is out (it seems as Carolina is wanting to phase out silver by only wearing silver pants once this year)
  • New minimalistic design
  • Stripes (or claw-marks or whiskers) come directly from the logo and font
  • Added white outline to logo
  • New number font to match the existing wordmark font

HELMET

• Matte black helmet with blue facemask
  • Logo with white outline (I thought of making it a "ghost" panther logo but this looked way better)
  • No Stripe

JERSEYS

• Stripes on shoulder cap
  • One color wordmark and numbers on dark jerseys. The combination of a light blue and black really make each one pop
  • Black is primary dark, blue is alternate 

PANTS

• No stripe, logo on hip
  • The striping did not translate well to the pants
  • No white pants because this new brand is focused on 2 colors

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black and blue socks
  • Blue cleats with black accents

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• All blue
  • Same blue jersey and pants

Thanks for looking everyone and as always C&C is greatly appreciated

I'd get rid of the outlines on the NOB and numbers and make the shoulder stripes blue on the white jersey. Also maybe try adding the stripe to the pants? Other than that, this is a great update to the Panthers current set. Great job yet again.

lBzmcSM.png

I think a team really only needs 3 colors plus white if it’s really important for the identity to make sense, and here’s a case where it looks much better simplified to 2. I do think the home uniforms needs a little white, it’s very dark as is. Either way, great work!

7 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I'd get rid of the outlines on the NOB and numbers and make the shoulder stripes blue on the white jersey. Also maybe try adding the stripe to the pants? Other than that, this is a great update to the Panthers current set. Great job yet again.

Thanks! I actually did try both those options and the stripe on the pants looks kinda minor league-ish. But for the away jerseys, would you recommend that the numbers and name be switched to blue to match the stripes or keep them black? My main concern with having blue stripes was that it looked odd with the only other color on the uniform being black. I could also try black shoulder caps?

4 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Thanks! I actually did try both those options and the stripe on the pants looks kinda minor league-ish. But for the away jerseys, would you recommend that the numbers and name be switched to blue to match the stripes or keep them black? My main concern with having blue stripes was that it looked odd with the only other color on the uniform being black. I could also try black shoulder caps?

Keep the numbers black with no outlines. no need for the shoulder caps to change. I'd also make the home jersey's numbers white, as someone mentioned earlier.

lBzmcSM.png

On 11/3/2019 at 6:56 PM, natolian10 said:

Ok I think I got Tampa Bay down, so I'll move onto Atlanta.

ATLANTA FALCONS

spacer.png

LOGO:

• Changed outline from gray to black

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

MKA5Q6V.png

DESIGN

• The horrible and outdated piping is gone. New design is based off the "wings" of the falcon logo
  • Stripe color does not change when on different background colors (I normally don't like this process but because the striping is based off the logo, I think it works here).
  • New font for the wordmark and numbers

HELMET

• Red helmet is back! This opens up for throwbacks and a black helmet for a different NFC South team...
  • Satin red helmet (a la Utah)
  • Black facemask
  • No Stripe

JERSEYS

• Red jersey continues as home
  • Black jersey is back! The Michael Vick jerseys are low-key one of my favorite jerseys so I wanted to bring back the black
  • Striping on each. 
  • "FALCONS" on home and alt, "ATLANTA" on away

PANTS

• Red, white, and black pants vary under jersey circumstances
  • Striping on each

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Red and black socks. Depends on the jersey color
  • Red cleats. Red shoes are popular in pop culture and Atlanta is a pop culture hot spot. Plus I think they look sweet.

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• All black with red. No white
  • Logo and stripe has white eliminated

HELMET

• Different colored logo on same helmet

JERSEY

• "ATL" wordmark. I kind of used the NBA's city edition jersey mantra here.
  • New colored striping

PANTS

• New colored striping

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Black with red accents

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

These remind me of San Diego State's uniforms, looks good tho

Archived