NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

On 11/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, JG36 said:

I think a team really only needs 3 colors plus white if it’s really important for the identity to make sense, and here’s a case where it looks much better simplified to 2. I do think the home uniforms needs a little white, it’s very dark as is. Either way, great work!

On 11/15/2019 at 5:07 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

Keep the numbers black with no outlines. no need for the shoulder caps to change. I'd also make the home jersey's numbers white, as someone mentioned earlier.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Ditch the outlines on the away numbers and the white outline on the logo and this is GOLD! Excellent

Here's the home uniform with white numbers and away uniform with black numbers and blue stripes

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, I'm sorry I did not upload these until now, I was in Alaska the last week. But I'll have the Saints up once everybody thinks the Panthers look good (the Saints are my personal favorite re-design that I did by the way).

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Panthers update is pretty good. I really like the black helmet. The removal of silver was a bold move for sure, but I think you've pulled it off nicely. The only nitpick I have is that the pants are a bit plain. I'd like to see some sort of stripe, possibly something like Carolina currently uses but thinner. I'm usually not a fan of the helmet, jersey, and pants all being different colors unless the pants are white (obviously that would only apply to home, or non-white, jerseys in that case). So, I like the black pant version better, though it lacks in blue. I think a blue sock option for all uniforms would make the set great. 

On 11/28/2019 at 3:42 AM, Weapon X said:

I like these but i'm afraid they look a little to similar to the current Jags uniforms and given that they're both 2 southeast feline teams that were established in 1995 I feel like people would be quick to point that out

The jags just need their yellowish brown back. Removing it was probably the worst pro sports color/uniform/identity change in the last 20 years. At least imo.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Heitert said:

The Panthers update is pretty good. I really like the black helmet. The removal of silver was a bold move for sure, but I think you've pulled it off nicely. The only nitpick I have is that the pants are a bit plain. I'd like to see some sort of stripe, possibly something like Carolina currently uses but thinner. I'm usually not a fan of the helmet, jersey, and pants all being different colors unless the pants are white (obviously that would only apply to home, or non-white, jerseys in that case). So, I like the black pant version better, though it lacks in blue. I think a blue sock option for all uniforms would make the set great. 

Yeah I tried the three stripe motif on the pants but it looked like too minor league-is so I kept it plain like the helmet.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, Weapon X said:

I like these but i'm afraid they look a little to similar to the current Jags uniforms and given that they're both 2 southeast feline teams that were established in 1995 I feel like people would be quick to point that out

I thought of that too but that's why I re-did the Jaguars to have a different look then they currently do. So stay tuned...

Sorry for the delay but here is New Orleans:

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

spacer.png

LOGO

• Old gold is back
  • Got rid of the multiple and unnecessary outlines
  • White fluer-de-lis with colored outline on colored background

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Uniform is based off the amazing color rush uniforms 
  • New wordmark and number font
  • New helmet and pant stripe is based off the new number font
  • Jersey stripe is from the color rush uniform

HELMET

• Satin old gold helmet with black facemask
  • New stripe
  • I used a white logo with a black outline because it matches the stripe and number colors. Plus the black outline made it pop a little more

JERSEYS

• Same stripe as the color rush jerseys
  • White numbers on the home and gold colors on the road

PANTS

• New striping on black and gold pants

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Gold cleats
  • Black socks with stripe (I tired gold socks but it didn't look right)

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Same jersey and helmet as the away uniform

PANTS

• White pants with new striping

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• All white socks with jersey stripe
  • White shoes with gold accents

1 hour ago, CheshireCat303 said:

the logos look like they were made in elementary school, horrible

I hope you realize that these are slightly tweaked or untouched versions of the real logos...

I also hope you know that unconstructive criticism is a big no-no on these forums.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

9 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I hope you realize that these are slightly tweaked or untouched versions of the real logos...

I also hope you know that unconstructive criticism is a big no-no on these forums.

Exactly. One question I do have on this and it's kinda redundant but shouldn't the fliur be black with white outline on the helmet or did you choose to go this direction. Either way it's cool I'm just asking

23 hours ago, CheshireCat303 said:

The uniforms are great, the logos look like they were made in elementary school, horrible

Thanks! I am a little confused by your comment about the logo though. I just took the same logo they have now and got rid of the multiple outlines in exchange for one thicker one.

12 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Exactly. One question I do have on this and it's kinda redundant but shouldn't the fliur be black with white outline on the helmet or did you choose to go this direction. Either way it's cool I'm just asking

That's funny you say that because I originally had a black fluer de lis with a white outline. However, because the helmet and pant stripe was white with a black outer stripe (or outline), I thought it would look better if both had the same color treatment. When I changed it, I thought it looked better and (as weird as this might sound) the logo popped better.

And now a concept that you all helped me on, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

spacer.png

LOGO

• Darkened red
  • Added the "weathered" rips from the prior logo
  • Changed outline color from silver to white

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Red, orange, and pewter are the colors that you guys suggested and I think they all look great when combined (so thank you all on that) 
  • New wordmark and number font
  • New jersey and pant stripe is based off the swords in the logo

HELMET

• Back to a white helmet for the first time since 1996. This means that a throwback Bucco Bruce uniform could be used (stay tuned for that)
  • The logo is still larger compared to traditional helmet logos but smaller than the current one
  • Red facemask

JERSEYS

• Stripe on the shoulder cap
  • No wordmark but the skull and swords from the logo are on the chest (I think this is a great and very underutilized part of the logo)

PANTS

• Red and white pants (I could add pewter but the idea did not come to me until now)
  • New stripe 

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Red socks
  • White shoes with red accents

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Probably my most outlandish color rush uniform
  • All orange with red, white, and silver accents
  • Tried adding in pewter but that color on a bright orange background did not look good

HELMET

• Recolored logo that is primarily orange instead of red
  • Orange facemask

JERSEYS

• New colored stripe on the shoulder cap
  • New colored numbers

PANTS

• Orange pants
  • New colored stripe 

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Orange socks and shoes with red accents

That completes the NFC South so up next is the NFC East. Thank you guys for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

16 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The 3D models really sell it for me on this Bucs concept, it looks really good. Much better than I thought it would tbh. Only nitpick is that I wouldn’t change the color of the logo on the color rush helmet.

Thanks! The reason I changed the color on the Color Rush helmet was because I thought the red stood out too much. But I did a quick mockup of what that would look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Reverted back to a red facemask because the majority dark red logo did not look great with a bright orange facemask

I love this look for the Bucs! Maybe use the dark pewter as the inner most stripe on all of the blades on all three unis, reading as O/R/S/P/W/R/O to have all of the colors on the pants and jerseys, since you have the pewter trim on the numbers. Also, I love the idea of the orange logo on the CR uni, but maybe go with a red ball to keep the color difference there and (personal preference) add the pewter trim to the numbers like on the home and away tops.

Regardless of my changes, you did a great job with this series so far!

Archived