NFL Re-Design by NH4

NH4

On 1/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I personally love the Redskins logo. Is it sleek, modern, or clean? No, but it truly is one of the more iconic looks in the league. If you insist on a name change, not sure if I'm completely satisfied with the redtails logo. I think the shape fits a bit awkward on the helmet, especially with the helmet stripe.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:18 AM, ahowe6464 said:

Asymmetric helmet stripes are something I can never get around to liking, for whatever reason. The rest of the set, though, looks great — I'm also not huge on the logo, I think that works better as a secondary mark.

Do you think the W and the star or the roundel with the W and the star would work better on the helmet? If so, that would be an easy fix

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, natolian10 said:

Do you think the W and the star or the roundel with the W and the star would work better on the helmet? If so, that would be an easy fix

I think so, yeah. Maybe even just the W and the three stars, without the other elements of the logo. That way you can keep that DC flag symbolism in it

On 2/4/2020 at 9:50 AM, ahowe6464 said:

I think so, yeah. Maybe even just the W and the three stars, without the other elements of the logo. That way you can keep that DC flag symbolism in it

Ohhh I didn't think about keeping the three stars but that's a good idea. So here is what I came up with:

Gold W and Stars

spacer.png

White W and Stars

spacer.png

I don't mind the design but I was still wondering what a roundel would look like (it would also be a callback to the Redskins helmets)

Gold Circle, Maroon and White Outline, Maroon W and Stars

spacer.png

White Circle, Maroon and Gold Outline, Maroon W and Stars

spacer.png

Gold Circle, White Outline, Maroon W and Stars

spacer.png

White Circle, Gold Outline, Maroon W and Stars

spacer.png

As you could tell, my curious side kind of took over so I just added all the designs I thought of. So let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

On 2/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, ahowe6464 said:

The roundel looks really good! I think I'm leaning towards Gold Circle, Maroon and White Outline, Maroon W and Stars

On 2/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Gold Circle, Maroon and White Outline, Maroon W and Stars is what im leaning toward

Ok sweet that is my favorite one too. Here are the updates:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for helping me figure this out. I think the outcome looks great!

I feel bad because I post very spastically, so here is the next team. We are moving west with Arizona:

ARIZONA CARDINALS

spacer.png

• Changed beak from gold to copper (copper seems to be popular with Arizona sports teams because of copper's history with the state)
  • Copper is now the secondary color, moving black to a tertiary color and not being used much

UNIFORMS

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DESIGN

• Unnecessary and outdated piping is eliminated
  • Like many Cardinals' concepts, the Arizona flag is the main design 
  • Same wordmark but new number font

HELMET

• Same white shell but copper flakes rising from the bottom
  • No striping is kept because the Cardinals have had no helmet stripe since the use of leather helmets in 1935
  • Red facemask

JERSEYS

• Subliminated Arizona flag "stripes" on shoulder cap with logo
  • Wordmark on chest
  • Reflective copper is used as the number outlines
  • Side note: I changed the application of the name on the back to resemble what the template originally had. I will be using this style moving forward but if it looks worse, let me know and I can change it back 

PANTS

• Red and white pants
  • No stripe just like the helmet
  • It was hard to translate the flag stripes on to the pants so I thought to keep it off

SOCKS AND CLEATS

• Red socks
  • White cleats with red accents

COLOR RUSH

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Went a little crazy here with the all copper look (it was really hard to get the shade of copper right. Let me know if it's too bright, too dark, too orange, or just right)
  • Chrome copper facemask
  • Flag stripes are not subliminated but more visible

Thanks everyone and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

Whoa, this Cardinals set is great! I know that flag pattern has been done a million times but it looks great here (especially on the color rush, I think it adds just enough red along with the numbers). I'm also really digging the helmet design, it's just subtle enough to not be too distracting or in-your-face.

I also think that shade of copper is a bit too orange-y, I'd suggest darkening it a bit.

I really like the update! However, I’d drop the helmet gradients, and darken the copper, that color rush is reminding me a bit too much the Creamsicle bucs tbh. I’d maybe try a block font too, but that’s the traditionalist in me coming out I think.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Huge fan of the flag stripes on the shoulders, thats a great idea. However im not a huge fan of the copper on the helmet. Given that i also dont like complete white ones, maybe add a bit more of the copper to the edges? Not as much as the previous jags one (which i personaly loved) but just to make it a bit more...visible?

I agree with some of the others, I’m not too sure about the copper on the helmet, and also feel the copper should be a little darker. Other suggestion, the copper and white flag sleeve caps look amazing. I would consider making the red jersey sleeve cap mirror either the white jersey or the copper jersey, as the red on red with red cardinal doesn’t show it off as well as the copper and white jerseys. 

Either way, one hell of an upgrade over the current uniforms. I’d love to see those out there over the current set!

On 2/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, ahowe6464 said:

Whoa, this Cardinals set is great! I know that flag pattern has been done a million times but it looks great here (especially on the color rush, I think it adds just enough red along with the numbers). I'm also really digging the helmet design, it's just subtle enough to not be too distracting or in-your-face.

I also think that shade of copper is a bit too orange-y, I'd suggest darkening it a bit.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I really like the update! However, I’d drop the helmet gradients, and darken the copper, that color rush is reminding me a bit too much the Creamsicle bucs tbh. I’d maybe try a block font too, but that’s the traditionalist in me coming out I think.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, CheshireCat303 said:

Huge fan of the flag stripes on the shoulders, thats a great idea. However im not a huge fan of the copper on the helmet. Given that i also dont like complete white ones, maybe add a bit more of the copper to the edges? Not as much as the previous jags one (which i personaly loved) but just to make it a bit more...visible?

On 2/15/2020 at 1:48 AM, Jumba66 said:

I agree with some of the others, I’m not too sure about the copper on the helmet, and also feel the copper should be a little darker. Other suggestion, the copper and white flag sleeve caps look amazing. I would consider making the red jersey sleeve cap mirror either the white jersey or the copper jersey, as the red on red with red cardinal doesn’t show it off as well as the copper and white jerseys. 

Either way, one hell of an upgrade over the current uniforms. I’d love to see those out there over the current set!

Thanks for all the comments! So I went back and darkened the copper. In addition, I also brightened the red a little bit to create a better contrast with the darker copper. The helmet is now plain white.

spacer.png

jcMTuyE.png

And here is a color comparison for the red and copper:

4ic6fcj.png

Thanks everyone and let me know what you think!

I’m a little late to the party for Washington but...

I like the logo, however I think the design would benefit from having the helmet without it. When it’s placed on there, it just seems to be lacking something and I actually think the uniform would be pretty sharp without it.

I think it would take away the idea that you’re trying to “replace” a very controversial logo, yet push the team identity in the right direction.

Just my opinion.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:04 PM, builtbymachines said:

I’m a little late to the party for Washington but...

I like the logo, however I think the design would benefit from having the helmet without it. When it’s placed on there, it just seems to be lacking something and I actually think the uniform would be pretty sharp without it.

I think it would take away the idea that you’re trying to “replace” a very controversial logo, yet push the team identity in the right direction.

Just my opinion.

23 hours ago, Carasik said:

A couple things. Love the Falcons concept, but would love to see them with silver pants. 

ALSO, the Red tails re-design is amazing. Simple but perfect.

Thanks! I am going to be doing throwbacks for teams after I have all 32 done so maybe I will revisit both of these teams.

Archived