2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

4 hours ago, dfwabel said:

It is a back to back in Utah tonight. As a good time as any to sweep the two and make a statement

They made a statement.

Good lord.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, I think a lot of Knick fans may owe Isiah Thomas an apology.

As criticized as he was during his tenure as head of operations, and head coach, it's clear by now he wasn't the problem. How do I know he wasn't the problem? Because of the list of names the Knicks have brought in since he left. Donnie Walsh, Phil Jackson, Mike D'Antoni, Kurt Rambis. Guys who have had tremendous success as coaches and executives throughout their careers. And none of them could do anything with the Knicks. I'm not sure if firing David Fizdale is a good move or not, but it doesn't matter because I don't think Red Auerbach in his prime could win with this club.

No team in the history of modern pro sports has done so little with so much than the present-day Knicks. Every year Forbes lists the Knicks as either the most valuable or second most valuable team in the NBA. At every home game its who's who of people sitting courtside. Access to the largest media market in the country. Think of the potential endorsement money that lies with the Knicks. And despite all that, free agents don't want to go there, and who could blame them? Since 2002, the Knicks have had a total of three winning seasons, and none since 2013. I criticized them for trying to build around Carmelo Anthony because I thought the window on him being a franchise player had closed before he got to New York. Building around him has been by far the best strategy the Knicks front office has come up with over the past two decades. Everything else they have tried has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster.

The sad part is James Dolan is only 64 years old. It could be another 20 years before someone besides Dolan is allowed to run the Knicks. As it is now, you have to be almost 60 years old to remember the last time the Knicks were NBA champions. How many of those old Knick fans are going to be alive when the team wins the title again, provided they ever do?

The only joy I get from the Knicks is knowing that no matter how much money Dolan sinks into his vanity band, no one will ever like them.

What a dork. He's spending money to play Fantasy Rock Star with Fantasy Friends.

Look at this phony :censored:. All those fake smiles. His fake "cool guy" shtick. His terrible storytelling with an obvious punchline that isn't interesting at all . Their clearly choreographed late-40s tourwear that are as manufactured as their music.

"Web exclusive" lol

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think Milwaukee is officially the best team in the league. Bucks up nearly 40 on the Clips midway through the fourth.

JFC.

17 hours ago, pmoehrin said:

At this point, I think a lot of Knick fans may owe Isiah Thomas an apology.

As criticized as he was during his tenure as head of operations, and head coach, it's clear by now he wasn't the problem. How do I know he wasn't the problem? Because of the list of names the Knicks have brought in since he left. Donnie Walsh, Phil Jackson, Mike D'Antoni, Kurt Rambis. Guys who have had tremendous success as coaches and executives throughout their careers. And none of them could do anything with the Knicks. I'm not sure if firing David Fizdale is a good move or not, but it doesn't matter because I don't think Red Auerbach in his prime could win with this club.

No team in the history of modern pro sports has done so little with so much than the present-day Knicks. Every year Forbes lists the Knicks as either the most valuable or second most valuable team in the NBA. At every home game its who's who of people sitting courtside. Access to the largest media market in the country. Think of the potential endorsement money that lies with the Knicks. And despite all that, free agents don't want to go there, and who could blame them? Since 2002, the Knicks have had a total of three winning seasons, and none since 2013. I criticized them for trying to build around Carmelo Anthony because I thought the window on him being a franchise player had closed before he got to New York. Building around him has been by far the best strategy the Knicks front office has come up with over the past two decades. Everything else they have tried has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster.

The sad part is James Dolan is only 64 years old. It could be another 20 years before someone besides Dolan is allowed to run the Knicks. As it is now, you have to be almost 60 years old to remember the last time the Knicks were NBA champions. How many of those old Knick fans are going to be alive when the team wins the title again, provided they ever do?

As bad as the Knicks have been over the past two decades, the Isiah era where they were in cap hell with no assets or future building blocks remains the nadir of the Knicks recent history. And the sexual harassment lawsuit was as embarrassing as anything that has happened. That Dolan has kept him as an advisor as well as making him team president of the WNBA Liberty (!) shows that Isiah is entrenched, along with Steve Mills, as one of the sycophants that Dolan wants to run the Knicks. The few times that Dolan tries to hire decision makers to run the team while he backs off, he gets it wrong. Phil Jackson was hired to do something that wasn’t what he was successful for, and then tried to force an increasingly outdated offense without what made the offense so successful in the first place: MJ, Shaq, or Kobe.  D’Antoni and Donnie Walsh were at least moderately successful, until Dolan pushed for the Melo trade.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, firing Fizdale doesn’t matter. But Fizdale hasn’t shown in any way that he could be something the franchise could build with.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

5 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Alvin Gentry is so lucky that Zion still hasn't played yet because otherwise he'd be fired tomorrow. I know it's not entirely his fault that roster is decimated with injuries (what else is new?) but this is just embarrassing.

Had Zion played, you would not think Gentry would be fired.  Hey, I think Gentry is pretty overrated and his HC record was unacceptable before the drafting of Zion, but blaming this start on Alvin is misguided.  He's coached for basically 15 seasons total and made the playoffs just 3 times. 

44 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Had Zion played, you would not think Gentry would be fired.  Hey, I think Gentry is pretty overrated and his HC record was unacceptable before the drafting of Zion, but blaming this start on Alvin is misguided.  He's coached for basically 15 seasons total and made the playoffs just 3 times. 

We can’t blame the guy whose made the playoffs 20% of the time when you have a greater than 50% chance of making it? If Zion was back they still wouldn’t be winning and he’d be canned already rather than the higher ups giving him time to wait and see how he does when Zion returns. It’s just a delay of the inevitable.

In his last two, Anthony Davis has 39 and 50 points.

They weren't kidding about running the offense through him.

AD and LeBron are the best duo in the league and it isn’t even close. They complement each other perfectly and that PnR game between them is as unstoppable as everybody feared.  

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived