2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His face is fat.

Zion is among the heaviest guys in the league. He relies a lot on his athleticism. Something has to give, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He’s got a long way to go before he reaches Oliver Miller levels, but it might not be great.

He’s 3 inches shorter while being only 15 pounds lighter so yeah he’s really not that far off proportionally. He weights 30 pounds more than Lebron whole being 3 inches shorter. Dudes got to cut some weight from his frame or continue having lower body injuries like he’s been having.

11 hours ago, DG_Now said:

His face is fat.

Zion is among the heaviest guys in the league. He relies a lot on his athleticism. Something has to give, right?

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He’s got a long way to go before he reaches Oliver Miller levels, but it might not be great.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

He’s 3 inches shorter while being only 15 pounds lighter so yeah he’s really not that far off proportionally. He weights 30 pounds more than Lebron whole being 3 inches shorter. Dudes got to cut some weight from his frame or continue having lower body injuries like he’s been having.

He could become another John "Hot Plate" Williams and I'd love him!

Hot Plate was 6'8", fat, and had skillz!!

I totally remember this Bullets* game at Orlando when he had 17/6/3, but his stat line was the third thing I remember. First, I remember Ladell Eackles getting 30 and second, a HS friend I was able to take loved Tom Hammond's from Georgia Tech and Tommy went 6/7 and went he was 3/3, he said, "Tommy don't miss!"

Hot Plates' stats were the last thing I recall, but he played the point for most of the game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199104190ORL.html

*My mom and dad went to college with Sandra Unseld, Wes Unseld's sister. My Mom was her roommate for two years, so wherever I was at I just had to call Sandra and I'd get next best team comp seats to a visiting Bullets team.

Maybe a deep pull, but Zion reminds me a bit of Jahidi White:

Jahidi-White.jpg

I met him once. He was about as wide as he was tall.

In other news, David Stern had a brain hemorrhage today.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

39 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Maybe a deep pull, but Zion reminds me a bit of Jahidi White:

Jahidi-White.jpg

I met him once. He was about as wide as he was tall.

In other news, David Stern had a brain hemorrhage today.

That's COLD.

DeJuan Blair and his lack of ACLs would've been a better "Husky" comparison.

Without playing a regular season minute, I won't call him:

Robert Traylor

Anthony Bennett

Rashard Griffith

Adam Morrison (Now sure if he got that chubby but needed a white dude)

I was curious -- here's the box score from LeBron's rookie year Christmas game against an awful Magic team: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200312250ORL.html

The Cavs were 9-20, the Magic 8-22. LeBron was 34-2-6. I didn't watch the game.

The NBA really put a lot of hope in Zion Williamson. I continue to be surprised by just how much.

LeBron is the Lakers' best player while AD is their leading scorer and rebounder. It's kind of amazing to watch how well they complement each other. Way better than anyone expected.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I thought this was the month the Lakers were supposed to be exposed?

The rest of the month is:

at Atlanta

at Indiana

at Milwaukee

vs Denver

vs LA

at Portland

vs Dallas

They could win all of those games, or they could win four of seven. If they split Milwaukee and LA, the rest of the league should watch out. Having the chance to get 30 wins before the New Year is pretty special.

EDIT: This is just bananas: https://streamable.com/ipdiv

That Milwaukee game will be something to watch. 

Also, I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a Celtics-Lakers game yet. They had a west coast swing about a month ago, yet Lakers were the only CA team they didn’t play. 

Of course though, as soon as 1 super team ends and it looks like we might get some parity finally, another forms. So :censored: you Lakers (or rather :censored: you AD & Lebron). 

I’m honestly just going to be pissed if this leads to another Celtics-Lakers Finals. 

50 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

LeBron is the Lakers' best player while AD is their leading scorer and rebounder. It's kind of amazing to watch how well they complement each other. Way better than anyone expected.

I just realized that Miles Simon is on the Lakers staff and was with Luke Walton as well. 

I thought he was just doing the lowest level of ESPN games and in studio when I was always asleep. 

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The rest of the month is:

at Atlanta

at Indiana

at Milwaukee

vs Denver

vs LA

at Portland

vs Dallas

They could win all of those games, or they could win four of seven. If they split Milwaukee and LA, the rest of the league should watch out. Having the chance to get 30 wins before the New Year is pretty special.

EDIT: This is just bananas: https://streamable.com/ipdiv

Milwaukee and the Clippers game are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

I'm in agreement with you in that if the Lakers split those two games (or win both), the rest of the league should be concerned.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived