2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Easy realignment: New Orleans relocates to Seatte and the Northwest Division. OKC to the Southwest. No need for expansion. 

The subtext of any post I make on NBA attendance is that team should move to Seattle.

But NO should absolutely move to Seattle.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About to post just that.

Good lord. Is it possible for every team in a 4-team trade to lose?

EDIT: this of course assumed Minnesota doesn't immediately package Wiggins and other stuff for D'Lo, which they should.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

About to post just that.

Good lord. Is it possible for every team in a 4-team trade to lose?

EDIT: this of course assumed Minnesota doesn't immediately package Wiggins and other stuff for D'Lo, which they should.

I’m OK with the trade for Minnesota either way.  Nothing they dumped was key for the future.  I like RoCo but his role makes sense for a team with a pulse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 hours ago, sayahh said:

I don't get the point of competing to win each of the first three quarters if only the points matter? Is that's something that's carried over but not elaborated on?

As for me with the idea created by the NBA, each quarter should be treated as a separate match, but instead of we've got mess.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I’m OK with the trade for Minnesota either way.  Nothing they dumped was key for the future.  I like RoCo but his role makes sense for a team with a pulse.

Wait, there's a future outside of 25-31 wins per season?

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Wait, there's a future outside of 25-31 wins per season?

Depends on whether they move or not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

D'Angelo Russell to Wolves for Wiggins, picks.

POTD (Shared)

Reports say that Hawks are sending cash for Skal Labissiere and Derrick Walton Jr. Players for money. Nice strategy Atlanta.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

9 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

D'Angelo Russell to Wolves for Wiggins, picks.

To be exact, DLO , Jacob Evans and Omari spellman for Wiggins and picks.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Clippers landed Marcus Morris, IT and kept Trez. That's pretty good.

I also think they don't have a single pick in the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Let’s just hope that first round pick remains a good one. 

The Wolves one? Oh yeah. They'll always get into the top-10.

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, Blindsay said:

To be exact, DLO , Jacob Evans and Omari spellman for Wiggins and picks.

Not sure Minny didn't give up too much for DLo. Wiggins is not that far away from him as a player, especially after having improved his game this season. Omari Spellman is nice and all, but giving an only top-3 protected first round pick on top of Wiggins? I don't like that part so much for Minny.

EDIT:

Also, my Cavs are reportedly getting Drummond - one of the players they could have and should have drafted themselves back in '12 draft - only for Henson, Knight and a 2nd round pick? Why the heck not? I'm all for it! I didn't see any point in trading Love for him without getting valuable young prospects with potential in return, but for these players? Bring it on!

11 minutes ago, truepg said:

Not sure Minny didn't give up too much for DLo. Wiggins is not that far away from him as a player, especially after having improved his game this season. Omari Spellman is nice and all, but giving an only top-3 protected first round pick on top of Wiggins? I don't like that part so much for Minny.

EDIT:

Also, my Cavs are reportedly getting Drummond - one of the players they could have and should have drafted themselves back in '12 draft - only for Henson, Knight and a 2nd round pick? Why the heck not? I'm all for it! I didn't see any point in trading Love for him without getting valuable young prospects with potential in return, but for these players? Bring it on!

Drummond can leave this off-season, so Cleveland did a salary dump for an expiring contract. Detroit also kept Derrick Rose; I'm not sure what they're doing.

Houston gave up all its size in a conference that features Jokic, Gobert, McGee, Howard, Morris, Zubac, and Harrell. Not sure I see the strategy either.

LAC got better. Lakers did the right thing by doing nothing; if they pick up Darren Collison and/or one of Oubre, JR or someone else, they'll be doing just fine.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Clips are waiving IT, so may be in the DC market after all.

They are in the Darren Collison market.

Anytime you mention "DC" in reference to an NBA player, you know who most folks think of...and it ain't Derrick Chievous or Del Curry

Archived