2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

Don't think the Lakers standing pat at the deadline was a good decision for them, they could've gotten better and needed another strong presence who could take matters into his own hands when necessary. Why wouldn't they ship Kuzma for Morris?

Boston could've gotten better too. There were several big-name bigmen available, look what got Cleveland Drummond, and the Celtics have a plethora of young promising prospects to give out. Horford hasn't found his place with the Sixers, Spurs were looking to trade Aldridge too...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm okay with Boston standing pat. One of their big strengths has been their chemistry this season, so I think any piece of the primary rotations was out of the picture. But also I didn't expect that the current bench guys would net much of value in return, either. Figure that a buyout market move would make more sense.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, truepg said:

Don't think the Lakers standing pat at the deadline was a good decision for them, they could've gotten better and needed another strong presence who could take matters into his own hands when necessary. Why wouldn't they ship Kuzma for Morris?

Because the trade wasn't Kuzma for Morris. It was Kuzma and Green and picks for Morris. That's too much.

The Lakers are still in the running for Darren Collison and will be watching the buyout market. They're still the 1 seed in the west; a panic move (like last season) would have been a bad move.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Because the trade wasn't Kuzma for Morris. It was Kuzma and Green and picks for Morris. That's too much.

The Lakers are still in the running for Darren Collison and will be watching the buyout market. They're still the 1 seed in the west; a panic move (like last season) would have been a bad move.

The first part I agree on. Darren Collison won't move the needle any way. The Lakers need another tough player in addition to LeBron and AD. Morris fit exactly that mold.

The Celtics would have definitely benefited from a quality big man.

12 hours ago, truepg said:

Boston could've gotten better too. There were several big-name bigmen available, look what got Cleveland Drummond, and the Celtics have a plethora of young promising prospects to give out. Horford hasn't found his place with the Sixers, Spurs were looking to trade Aldridge too...

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Morris makes $15M this season on an expiring deal, meanwhile Kuzma makes just $1.9M and has another season left on his deal for $3.52M.  A straight up trade could NEVER occur.

@truepg, remember teams must take back salaries too.  LAL is a taxpaying team, so they are only able to take back 125% of the salary they are sending out, plus $100,000.

33 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Morris makes $15M this season on an expiring deal, meanwhile Kuzma makes just $1.9M and has another season left on his deal for $3.52M.  A straight up trade could NEVER occur.

@truepg, remember teams must take back salaries too.  LAL is a taxpaying team, so they are only able to take back 125% of the salary they are sending out, plus $100,000.

I know that salaries have to match. I assumed LA would throw in some fillers.

I thought this was going to be a trap game, and it almost was. 14 straight wins is pretty impressive, even if this one was far too close against a bad team. Keep winning, guys. #wethechamps

Darren Collison is choosing god and standing on street corners over basketball (again), so the Lakers are taking the next logical step and working out Dion Waiters. Can't wait!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Bucks are so good that even though the Raptors have won 15 in a row, Toronto is still 6.5 games behind Milwaukee. Also, Toronto has joined Milwaukee and soon-to-be-LA (provided they keep a big lead against Phoenix) as 40-win teams before the All-Star break.

The 2019 ECF needs to be re-examined, I think. Playoff Kawhi is a thing, but the bones of this current Bucks team was there last season. How did Toronto truck them in a six-game sweep?

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Bucks are so good that even though the Raptors have won 15 in a row, Toronto is still 6.5 games behind Milwaukee. Also, Toronto has joined Milwaukee and soon-to-be-LA (provided they keep a big lead against Phoenix) as 40-win teams before the All-Star break.

The 2019 ECF needs to be re-examined, I think. Playoff Kawhi is a thing, but the bones of this current Bucks team was there last season. How did Toronto truck them in a six-game sweep?

I hate to be an "intangibles" guy over here but there was an incredible amount of momentum going Toronto's way. The way the Philly series ended, the Raps winning that wild 2OT game in the ECF... I do think those kinds of cathartic wins were helping to propel them. And I wonder about rust, given that Toronto had the Sixers challenge freshly behind them, while Milwaukee got to roll over the Pistons (who apparently made the playoffs) and a self-destructing/Kyrie-sabotaged Celtics team.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Darren Collison is choosing god and standing on street corners over basketball (again), so the Lakers are taking the next logical step and working out Dion Waiters. Can't wait!

If there's one team that can keep Waiters in check, it's the Lakers. On the other hand, he can give them the Morris-like dog mentality. He's no Morris, but worth a shot. I'd sign him, if I were the Lakers.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

If there's one team that can keep Waiters in check, it's the Lakers. On the other hand, he can give them the Morris-like dog mentality. He's no Morris, but worth a shot. I'd sign him, if I were the Lakers.

If Waiters won't listen to Pat F'n Riley and Filipino Jackson, you really he's going to "straighten up and fly right" for LeBron, Frank Vogel, and Jason Kidd, even with a good shot at a championship?  Remember, he'd be closer to head shops in Los Angeles too.

4 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

If Waiters won't listen to Pat F'n Riley and Filipino Jackson, you really he's going to "straighten up and fly right" for LeBron, Frank Vogel, and Jason Kidd, even with a good shot at a championship?  Remember, he'd be closer to head shops in Los Angeles too.

There's that, but I guess he's worth a flyer for this season for the Lakers.

5 hours ago, Digby said:

I hate to be an "intangibles" guy over here but there was an incredible amount of momentum going Toronto's way. The way the Philly series ended, the Raps winning that wild 2OT game in the ECF... I do think those kinds of cathartic wins were helping to propel them. And I wonder about rust, given that Toronto had the Sixers challenge freshly behind them, while Milwaukee got to roll over the Pistons (who apparently made the playoffs) and a self-destructing/Kyrie-sabotaged Celtics team.

Well, they did lose the first two against Milwaukee before steamrolling the last four.

But I guess that's the thing; a lot of teams would have rolled over down 2-0. The Raptors didn't.

The 2019 ECF needs to be re-examined, I think. Playoff Kawhi is a thing, but the bones of this current Bucks team was there last season.
How did Toronto truck them in a six-game sweep?

I dunno, man - but honestly - it was awesome, and I'd like to believe it could happen again.

That's what I'm still trying to figure out.  Granted, 6 games aint a sweep, but man.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived