2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, truepg said:

Even though he finished his career there?

http://m.startribune.com/long-overdue-when-will-kevin-garnetts-no-21-be-retired-by-wolves/564861432/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I talk about the Knicks being a dumpster fire franchise, but the Wolves are right there with them.

Just one playoff appearance since 2005, and openly feuding with the one player worth a damn in the 30 years the franchise has been in existence.

Like the Knicks, they can’t sign quality free agents, and any halfway decent player they develop is gone the first chance they get to bolt.

All of this is probably karma for letting the Lakers move to Los Angeles.

Be interesting to see if the NBA outlawed dudes jumping over other dudes.

Cause it's kind of boring at this point.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Be interesting to see if the NBA outlawed dudes jumping over other dudes.

Cause it's kind of boring at this point.

Agreed. Gordon's last dunk, while it's impressive how high he can jump, was essentually just a two handed dunk.

Granted, I say this not able to touch the rim, but I don't think that dunk is anywhere near a 50.

Gordon performed a mind-blowing never-done-before dunk during a time, when everything's been seen and done and when you thought nothing can impress you anymore in the dunk contest. Then jumps over Tacko (I don't care that it's another jump over a person - it's Tacko Fall) and gets robbed. Again.

Jones' last dunk was nothing extraordinary - we already knew he can jump - and was well inside the FT line. Shouldn't have gotten him any 10's.

Sometimes (lol just sometimes) the NBA is too far up its own ass.

Can't we just watch basketball? Do we need this...whatever this is? Ode to Chicago players/interpretive poem? It's cool and all, but I want to see loose defense, too-long three pointers, and botched alley oops.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm watching the game. Well, at least, I watched the first quarter. It's -- not compelling. I saw Siakam and Lowry get some time on the floor. That's enough for me.

And ugh - Chaka Khan murdered that anthem. Why do guest singers always feel the need to embellish every note?

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Has anyone had a worse last-12-months than Chance the Rapper, y i k e s

I really like 65th & Ingleside, Work Out and Wala Cam and I enjoyed what I saw tonight.

But apparently Twitter hates Chance. Why?

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I really like 65th & Ingleside, Work Out and Wala Cam and I enjoyed what I saw tonight.

But apparently Twitter hates Chance. Why?

I mean in general he is a deeply corny personality so it's a tough start. A lot of people hated his musical pivot on Coloring Book (I did not, thought it was brilliant) but then absolutely nobody liked his album last year, and rightly so, it's awful.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived