2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I said the Clips were the best, but nope. Sweeping the Bucks and Clippers over one weekend is pretty special.

I was with you on the Clippers, but they also were playing ugly jacking up threes when I tuned in in the 3rd quarter. One thing is pretty certain, though: LeBron is the best basketball player in the league.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, truepg said:

I was with you on the Clippers, but they also were playing ugly jacking up threes when I tuned in in the 3rd quarter. One thing is pretty certain, though: LeBron is the best basketball player in the league.

I know people get wed to narratives, but James should be the leading MVP candidate right now.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 3/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I feel like I need to make an Obi-Wan Kenobi meme for Jacques Vaughn. Jesus.

My guess is Atkinson is pissed the team he coached to the playoffs last year was unceremoniously gutted for two guys who don't even play.

They lost one key guy in D'Angelo Russell and are still in the playoffs. The remaining 4 of their best 5 players last year are still here. As a Nets fan, anyone mourning the loss of Ed Davis, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, DeMarre Caroll, Shabazz Napier or Allen Crabbe is a crazy person (Dudley was cool and I hope LeBron wins him a ring).

If getting another star meant losing Taurean Prince, Garrett Temple, Rodions Kurucs, Wilson Chandler and Dzanan Musa this summer I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

We just don't know how long it's going to take for this virus to be contained. I honestly don't see how the NBA is going to be able to finish the season, barring a miracle that lets them resume in the next two months. If (And it's a big "if") they can get back up and running by late May, they could start the playoffs and have the Finals finish by late July, which means there's no way the current Team USA roster is going to be playing in Tokyo. But that's an extremely optimistic outlook considering where we're at right now.

I really hope I'm wrong about this, but I believe the 2019-2020 NBA season is finished.

6 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

How the Olympics haven't been cancelled is beyond me. 

That's a disaster waiting to happen.  

I think canceling anything in the summer right now is a bit of an overreaction. There is still plenty of time for this situation to take a turn for the better or a turn for the worse. 

The latest I'm reading from NBA.com is that there will be a 30-day hiatus. 

"NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says the league will be suspended for 'at least 30 days' with the decision coming following Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert testing positive for coronavirus/COVID-19, with further testing revealing teammate Donovan Mitchell had also tested positive.

The 30-day hiatus will last until what would have been the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season and it's unclear whether the season will resume or go directly into the playoffs, as Silver said, "it's frankly too early to tell."

Here's hoping that everyone gets well/stays well, and we can just resume with the start of the playoffs. It will be good to feel a sense of normalcy, if things can clear up in that amount of time. If not, and the playoffs get canceled, well - Toronto holds onto the Larry O'B for another year, I guess!

11 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I am personally hoping both the NBA and NHL resume play (if they do) with the playoffs. I cannot see these leagues going deep into July and being ready to start it all over again in September. 

I've heard a rumour of the NBA resuming its season and full playoffs, and then condensing next year's season. Make as much sense as anything else.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived