2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never a good sign to have the phrase "Fyre Festival" tossed around in relation to your event.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jamal Crawford and Michael Beasley are Nets For the time being. I like it. Thoughts?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

2 hours ago, truepg said:

I think they did well, given the cards they were dealt. What the Wizards are gonna do, however...

Yeah no. Rockets too, heard westbrook and harden missed travel to the bubble

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Nah, they just arriving on their own at a later date, same as Kawhi. Everyone should calm down with this.

ah, ok.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, truepg said:

So, it appears Westrook has covid after all. Wonder what's up with Harden.

hopefully good.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29511700/glen-taylor-exploring-wolves-sale-kevin-garnett-interested

The Timberwolves are on the market. Even though Glen Taylor says he wants to keep the team in MN, unless he sells the team to KG they'll be in Seattle before the ink dries on the paper.

I was watching ESPN's ticker and it mentioned that Taylor won't sell to anyone that would relocate the team and the Vikings' owners are interested. I doubt the T-Wolves leave Minnesota this time.

the user formerly known as cdclt

43 minutes ago, QCS said:

I was watching ESPN's ticker and it mentioned that Taylor won't sell to anyone that would relocate the team and the Vikings' owners are interested. I doubt the T-Wolves leave Minnesota this time.

Zygi Wilf would keep the team local that's for sure.  Again there will be calls for a POC to buy the team.  

3 hours ago, QCS said:

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Zygi Wilf would keep the team local that's for sure.  Again there will be calls for a POC to buy the team.  

The Wilf's would keep the team in MN. However, the franchise is in a no-win scenario here. Taylor can either sell to KG's group, but as far as I know, Garnett wants full control and he doesn't seem qualified to run the team. On the other hand, he could sell it to the Wilf's, and continue the poisonous relationship the franchise has with KG, who still holds considerable sway with fans, as the star player from the Wolves only period of success.

What's the source on Garnett demanding full control? I haven't seen that, I've seen reports suggesting he would be one of a larger investor group, unsurprisingly. Though no details on who else is in that group.

Man, who would have pegged KG, of all people, to have a post-playing career of TV host, independent film actor and potential team owner.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

What's the source on Garnett demanding full control? I haven't seen that, I've seen reports suggesting he would be one of a larger investor group, unsurprisingly. Though no details on who else is in that group.

Man, who would have pegged KG, of all people, to have a post-playing career of TV host, independent film actor and potential team owner.

Garnett previously tried to get a group together to buy the team (I believe it was shortly after Flip died, but I may be wrong) and reports said that he had trouble getting people to chip in because he wanted to be the Head of Basketball Ops and controlling owner.

Personally, I would have to believe that league would prefer that either KG or Meyer Orbach buy the team. KG would give the league another Black owner and his group wouldn't have enough money to make huge splashes in free agency. Orbach, one of the minority owners, have very few ties to the Twin Cities and I believe that he would move the team, probably to Seattle or North Jersey, were he's from. The Wilf's already own the Vikings, so they wouldn't move the team, and have enough cash to potentially make some moves, as they have with the Vikes.

Archived