buzzcut

2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

With so many big players opting out, it's gonna be a glorified G-league.

It's never a good sign to have the phrase "Fyre Festival" tossed around in relation to your event.

Jamal Crawford and Michael Beasley are Nets For the time being. I like it. Thoughts?

That suit does nothing for him wearing it like that, and if he doesn’t know the right way to take it off it’s even worse for him

11 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Jamal Crawford and Michael Beasley are Nets For the time being. I like it. Thoughts?

I think they did well, given the cards they were dealt. What the Wizards are gonna do, however...

2 hours ago, truepg said:

I think they did well, given the cards they were dealt. What the Wizards are gonna do, however...

Yeah no. Rockets too, heard westbrook and harden missed travel to the bubble

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

Yeah no. Rockets too, heard westbrook and harden missed travel to the bubble

Nah, they just arriving on their own at a later date, same as Kawhi. Everyone should calm down with this.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Nah, they just arriving on their own at a later date, same as Kawhi. Everyone should calm down with this.

ah, ok.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:15 PM, Blindsay said:

ah, ok.

So, it appears Westbrook has covid after all. Wonder what's up with Harden.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

So, it appears Westrook has covid after all. Wonder what's up with Harden.

hopefully good.

19 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29511700/glen-taylor-exploring-wolves-sale-kevin-garnett-interested

The Timberwolves are on the market. Even though Glen Taylor says he wants to keep the team in MN, unless he sells the team to KG they'll be in Seattle before the ink dries on the paper.

I was watching ESPN's ticker and it mentioned that Taylor won't sell to anyone that would relocate the team and the Vikings' owners are interested. I doubt the T-Wolves leave Minnesota this time.

43 minutes ago, QCS said:

I was watching ESPN's ticker and it mentioned that Taylor won't sell to anyone that would relocate the team and the Vikings' owners are interested. I doubt the T-Wolves leave Minnesota this time.

Zygi Wilf would keep the team local that's for sure.  Again there will be calls for a POC to buy the team.  

3 hours ago, QCS said:

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Zygi Wilf would keep the team local that's for sure.  Again there will be calls for a POC to buy the team.  

The Wilf's would keep the team in MN. However, the franchise is in a no-win scenario here. Taylor can either sell to KG's group, but as far as I know, Garnett wants full control and he doesn't seem qualified to run the team. On the other hand, he could sell it to the Wilf's, and continue the poisonous relationship the franchise has with KG, who still holds considerable sway with fans, as the star player from the Wolves only period of success.

What's the source on Garnett demanding full control? I haven't seen that, I've seen reports suggesting he would be one of a larger investor group, unsurprisingly. Though no details on who else is in that group.

Man, who would have pegged KG, of all people, to have a post-playing career of TV host, independent film actor and potential team owner.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

What's the source on Garnett demanding full control? I haven't seen that, I've seen reports suggesting he would be one of a larger investor group, unsurprisingly. Though no details on who else is in that group.

Man, who would have pegged KG, of all people, to have a post-playing career of TV host, independent film actor and potential team owner.

Garnett previously tried to get a group together to buy the team (I believe it was shortly after Flip died, but I may be wrong) and reports said that he had trouble getting people to chip in because he wanted to be the Head of Basketball Ops and controlling owner.

Personally, I would have to believe that league would prefer that either KG or Meyer Orbach buy the team. KG would give the league another Black owner and his group wouldn't have enough money to make huge splashes in free agency. Orbach, one of the minority owners, have very few ties to the Twin Cities and I believe that he would move the team, probably to Seattle or North Jersey, were he's from. The Wilf's already own the Vikings, so they wouldn't move the team, and have enough cash to potentially make some moves, as they have with the Vikes.