2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to derail this much more into a concept thread about the Bucks, but while I do have some things with the current set I really don't like, the fact that they didn't go with a modern rendition of Bango from the classic 70s look feels like such a missed opportunity. Also, the creme jerseys are fine, but I do wish that tan-ish orange that Bango is colored in the logo was a trim color on the jerseys and in the branding somewhere, mixed in with the shade of green and that creme color. I think that's a solid palette.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

20 hours ago, Digby said:

I mostly agree with you in terms of the jerseys, but the classic Bango logo is an A++. I love this friggin guy.

42-420155_collection-of-free-bucked-milw 

I tried to take his spirit into a more “aggressive” logo in one of my threads.

m8feoo7.png

I rather like the green/red and green/orangey tan/Irish rainbow variations.

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

So when do these regular season games wrap up?

Next Friday. If a 9 seed is within 4 games, then they trigger a Best-of-3 series in which the #8 seed has an automatic 1-0 lead to be held next weekend.

The Playoff then begin on the following Monday (the 17th).

3 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Next Friday. If a 9 seed is within 4 games, then they trigger a Best-of-3 series in which the #8 seed has an automatic 1-0 lead to be held next weekend.

The Playoff then begin on the following Monday (the 17th).

Good the lesser teams in the bubble, the greater the chance there will be an NBA Champion.  

I saw with Washington's loss last night they've officially dropped below the Hornets. So now there's a team with a worse record in the bubble than a team outside the bubble. Eternally the 9 seed, hopefully the lottery balls fall our way this year.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Memphis has completely blown it in the seeding games, going an astonishingly bad 1-6. I would love to see the Grizz back in the playoffs, but with Jaren Jackson injured I'm kind of okay with dropping down into lottery territory. Even with COVID and popping in the bubble, Memphis was a lot of fun to watch this season, and were even fun for non-fans to watch too which is neat. That said, Phoenix making it in (even if they just get killed by the Lakers) would be really cool and would almost off-set the sadness of my team not being good enough.

2 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm going to feel so bad for The Suns if they go undefeated in the bubble, and still miss the playoffs. 

Memphis & Portland are going to screw us out of what could be a fun playoff team in Phoenix. 

Wins outside the bubble count as much as those within.

Archived