2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMN DONNY!!! Donovan Mitchell is something else! These playoffs are starting to feel like Wade '06 (if us Jazz fans are ever so lucky)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Blazers did an amazing job making the playoffs, but it's clearly been too much.

Seems like when you're up 40 it's time to pull the starters, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Marcus Morris shouldn't be allowed in game 6:

Anyone who plays with Kawhi should also be sensitive to this bull :censored: too.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I would expect the Lakers, Blazers, Thunder and Rockets to follow suit. And if they don't, no judgment there.

Good for the players.

EDIT: Confirmed: No games today. And maybe the bubble is done altogether.

13 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I would expect the Lakers, Blazers, Thunder and Rockets to follow suit. And if they don't, no judgment there.

Good for the players.

EDIT: Confirmed: No games today. And maybe the bubble is done altogether.

Yep, gone.

IMHO this really isn't beneficial to the cause, since it's formally a postponement and not a boycott. 

It's frustrating.  The message the Bucks were sending - willing to take a loss instead of take the floor - is now pointless since the entire league has rendered this no more than a rain delay.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So what happens now? If everyone just plays tomorrow the statement is meaningless. “This is bigger than basketball, but only today, tomorrow it isn’t again.” But they can’t seriously just leave and the playoffs end right here... can they?

ExJworW.png

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It's frustrating.  The message the Bucks were sending - willing to take a loss instead of take the floor - is now pointless since the entire league has rendered this no more than a rain delay.

I don't know about that. On the one hand, it's hard not to have known about Jacob Blake. On the other hand, if you didn't before, you will now. And it's also setting a precedent for players in other leagues.

NCAA football players in the SEC now have a blueprint to do the same thing.

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

So what happens now? If everyone just plays tomorrow the statement is meaningless. “This is bigger than basketball, but only today, tomorrow it isn’t again.” But they can’t seriously just leave and the playoffs end right here... can they?

It's difficult to say.  They'll probably not have games for a few days and re-evaluate.  It's difficult to arm people who despise the stance with the "they took their ball and went home!" argument, much less sacrifice the interest and viewership that would come with a return to play and thus provide exposure using that rare platform.  Then again, them playing the game may feel like they're "shutting up and sticking to sports" like angry white people want them to do.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't know about that. On the one hand, it's hard not to have known about Jacob Blake. On the other hand, if you didn't before, you will now. And it's also setting a precedent for players in other leagues.

NCAA football players in the SEC now have a blueprint to do the same thing.

If this goes to NCAA/NFL football, the consequences would be absolutely massive in comparison.

So far there's only tweets.

twitter

Archived