2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 7 in the series no one cared about! Big series for Murray and Mitchell though.

The Eastern semis are going to be on Game 3 while the Western semis are on Game 1. Of course it could all even out in time, especially as the Eastern semis seem the more likely ones to go seven games a piece, just a funny thing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Man, if Conley had hit that...

Brutal loss for Utah in a series I wanted both teams to win. Mitchell will have his moment sooner than later, I hope. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh, I hate being a Jazz fan sometimes. I mean I love them, but d*mn. Watching them just flat out not have enough every year is like stepping on one big lego annually. Oh well, there’s always next year...or next lego, I dunno. *shrug*

For real, Denver deserves a lot of credit, I really tip my cap off to them. I don’t know that they’ll advance past the Clippers, but they’ll really give them a great fight. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

28 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh, I hate being a Jazz fan sometimes. I mean I love them, but d*mn. Watching them just flat out not have enough every year is like stepping on one big lego annually. Oh well, there’s always next year...or next lego, I dunno. *shrug*

For real, Denver deserves a lot of credit, I really tip my cap off to them. I don’t know that they’ll advance past the Clippers, but they’ll really give them a great fight. 

My big question is: Given that they pride themselves on being a defensive team, why did they wait until Game 7 to finally play defense? 

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

My big question is: Given that they pride themselves on being a defensive team, why did they wait until Game 7 to finally play defense? 

That’s a great question. I wish I knew the answer to that as well. I don’t know if they got caught up in thinking they could just out score Denver (I can’t imagine Quin Snyder would ever think that, but maybe?), or if they just weren’t clicking right, but defense was far more of a problem than it should’ve been. Rudy looked a lot less aggressive defensively than usual in the later stages of the series, and it makes me wonder how much of that was due to game plan accounting for Jokic’s range, or if he was just off. Whatever the reason, Rudy got neutralized and that usually, in turn, deflates the whole defense when that happens. Given that the offense was never going to sustain their output from games 2-4, they should’ve known they’d have to play defense sooner.

In any case it’s a frustrating way to dip out, but oh well. The silver lining is that it’ll be good to leave this season behind and look forward to the next; between having to endure Last Dance mania and re-live ‘98, Rudy and Donovan catching Covid, and now joining the exclusive “Blew a 3-1 Lead Club”, this season just wasn’t it for the Jazz.*

*But I think we can all agree that 2020 hasn’t been the world’s year either, for far more pressing and important reasons than basketball.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 hours ago, Digby said:

These Celtics/Raptors games are good basketball. A battle of two hungry and well-matched teams. Immensely enjoyable!

Agreed. Even though I was unhappy with the end result last night, it was a much better effort than game one. And they proved last year that an 0-2 deficit isn't insurmountable. Looking forward to game 3.

17 minutes ago, Digby said:

End of Heat-Bucks tonight was painful to watch. Parade of sloppy play regularly interrupted by lame foul calls. Butler fortunate to be able to redeem himself. A 2-0 series lead for Miami is fun, but not exactly a thrilling route there.

Yeah, for sure. 1. there's no way that call happens at the end if they're in Milwaukee and a live crowd and 2. you can see which teams are missing home court advantage.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Houston couldn't have afforded to lose that. They gave up a lot for Westbrook and considering no one is far and away the best in the league right now, I think this is their best shot at a title. Rockets-Lakers should be fun.

Archived