2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

On 10/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

Are we talking about the same Laker fans that were protesting outside the arena last year?

Also unless Lebron suffers a major injury, Lakers are the new Warriors. No one is stopping Lebron + AD. 

Which is why I despised AD taking the easy route like Durant. 
Like KD, he could have joined nearly any team making them serious championships contenders. Instead he chose the team most likely to win a championship without him. 

And before bringing up how bad the Lakers were in 2019, keep in mind Lebron and most of the core were injured.
Take away AD from this team, they’re still a championship team, just a lot more beatable. 

Likewise once Lebron retires, the Lakers will still be good with AD taking over the team, but will be far more beatable. 

The 2018 Lakers without AD, while having a good record before the injuries, weren't a clear-cut championship team by any means. What made the situation rather unpleasant to me, was that LeBron and the Lakers were doing everything to get AD in such a transparent way at the price of the team chemistry at the time during the season, as if they were entitled to get him from New Orleans and he to join the Lakers, and they were also catered to in that regard. That's what makes it hard to root for them now, even though I can't help feeling sympathy for LeBron at his age and stage of his career leading the Lakers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I will never feel sympathy for a Lebron. 

He’s been to more Finals than most teams have playoff appearances. 

Yes, because he's that good. Not that he'd won in most of them either, though.

55 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I won’t deny how ridiculously good he is. 

Hell its the same reason people hate Brady. 
But Brady at least had Peyton to challenge him. 

Lebron’s biggest challenge has always been in The Finals. 

You say that like the finals isn’t suppose to be the 2 best teams in each conference or something. Your anti Lebron ranting is the worst.

49 minutes ago, dont care said:

You say that like the finals isn’t suppose to be the 2 best teams in each conference or something. Your anti Lebron ranting is the worst.

Sure, ignore the fact Lebron didn’t have competition in the East for a decade. 

FFS, He had like 2 Eastern Conference series go 7 games in like 8 years. 
His lack of real competition has always been a valid criticism. 

6 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Sure, ignore the fact Lebron didn’t have competition in the East for a decade. 

FFS, He had like 2 Eastern Conference series go 7 games in like 8 years. 
His lack of real competition has always been a valid criticism. 

How is that lebrons fault? The other teams should have tried harder. And you still complain when he goes to the west and has the same results. We get it you don’t like Lebron. We don’t need to be reminded multiple times a day.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

How is that lebrons fault? The other teams should have tried harder. And you still complain when he goes to the west and has the same results. We get it you don’t like Lebron. We don’t need to be reminded multiple times a day.

It's not his fault but it's a fact. Show me any team in the East between 2012-2017 that had a legitimate shot at beating him. 

My god you complain about me, but you lose you :censored: when someone criticizes Lebron. 

Just for the record, I’m getting so sick of all the freaking out that Breen does when Davis doesn’t immediately pop up from the ground. I’m his height. A tall guy can’t just immediately kick up like Shawn Michaels. Calm the eff down already.

VmWIn6B.png

That was an excellent game. First game of the series that actually felt like the NBA Finals.

LeBron was brilliant in the 2nd half as was Anthony Davis. 

Let’s close this thing out on Friday. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It's a shame LA didn't close out tonight. Would have been really beautiful to see them win a title in their classic gold uniforms.

They're scheduled to be in purple (and black) for game 5, doubly annoying because they're the scheduled home team.

Might be two Finals victories in a row LeBron wins in all-time stupid uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's a shame LA didn't close out tonight. Would have been really beautiful to see them win a title in their classic gold uniforms.

They're scheduled to be in purple (and black) for game 5, doubly annoying because they're the scheduled home team.

Might be two Finals victories in a row LeBron wins in all-time stupid uniforms.

Agreed. I wish the Lakers would decide last minute to wear their classic gold uniforms, because they’re going to win the title on Friday. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Aren't the Purple & Black their Kobe tribute uniforms? 

100% they're wearing those.  

No: the black "Black Mamba" jerseys worn in game 2 (and game 7 if it goes that far) is the Kobe tribute uniform.  Some jerseys have the "KB" Kobe patch and some have the "2" in a heart patch for his daughter.  There is also the gold Shaq tribute jersey with white Lakers wordmark and numbers but I can't remember if that was for last and/or this season.

Ultimately it doesn't matter which jersey they wear: any team would rather win a title than have to play one more game and risk dragging out the series.  Question: if the Lakers do win this season AND LeBron does change his jersey number to 6, will the Lakers retire both (or neither) numbers: 1) if he wins a title wearing number 6; 2) if he doesn't win another title again with the franchise?

Let's clarify this since the Lakers are a weird case when it comes to the uniform combos.  The top 4 are in the postseason rotation.  All except the Mamba jersey have the KB patch.  The Mamba has the Gigi 2.

Association:

ff_3270737-fb1900bb49a37803f74d_full.jpg

(Previously the Sunday home alternate - "Sunday Finest")

Icon:

ff_3777058-4c3c5aadda9d21e662c6_full.jpg

(Signature uniform, way too downplayed recently)

Statement:

ff_3317257_full.jpg&w=340

(Panned for the black side panels)

Mamba:

m_5f675dc281a36ce31c7040f2.jpeg

(Officially the 2017/18 City Edition - 2 patch added for Gigi since the entire uniform is dedicated to Kobe)

Magic:

11308356_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&he

(2018-19 City Edition - dedicated to Magic Johnson, and belongs in a dumpster)

Shaq:

alex-caruso-lakers-city-jersey.jpg

(2019-20 City Edition - dedicated to Shaquille O'Neal, not warn in the postseason)

VmWIn6B.png

Take away the pinstripes and I'd actually prefer the "Magic" jersey to the jersey with black side panels that they rolled out.

Of course I'd doubly prefer a normal-ass purple Lakers jersey, with a white number and no black anywhere.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Take away the pinstripes and I'd actually prefer the "Magic" jersey to the jersey with black side panels that they rolled out.

Of course I'd doubly prefer a normal-ass purple Lakers jersey, with a white number and no black anywhere.

Luckily the pinstripes weren't too noticeable watching them on TV, iirc, when they wore it.  Also pretty unique that they also had the city name like on their team logo wordmark.  But yeah, black doesn't belong on a Lakers jersey.  Orlando Magic?  Sure.  Lakers? No.

I didn't hate those Magic tribute jerseys, including the pinstripes that had a smart quirk to them. Apart from the city name included, they are a rather nice fashion jersey. The current purple unis, on the other hand, are very flawed design-wise with white and yellow blending into each other, apart from the uncalled for wide black side panels. The new red Hawks' unis have that same first-mentioned issue.

The yellow "Shaq" tributes are forgettable trash, though.

Archived