2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder up 70-37 at the half against the Warriors.

Let's talk again about how they'll be fine without KD and Klay?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

19 hours ago, dont care said:

The bulls are lousy and always will be lousy. Don’t be too excited.

Just happy for the bounce back win. 79 games left.

Dwight Howard finished tonight with 16-10 in 23 minutes, and led all Lakers in +/- with 23. AD scored 29 in 32; LeBron 20-6-12 in 35 minutes.

That's some nice balanced scoring and time management.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jackie Mac on the new Nets. Not quite the usual incisive story, a lot of kumbaya optimism, but one nugget for those of us on Kyrie Schadenfreude Watch:

There has already been leeway to allow Irving to march to his own drum. The Nets are willing to look past moments like the photo shoot at the Pearl TV Tower in China, when Irving refused to remove his hat and instructed them to photoshop it out.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Timberwolves are currently in first place and briefly had the best record in the NBA.  I will now enjoy this for a couple of days before I start looking into mock drafts.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Haha what a dork.

In this new NBA season, I really thought the Pelicans would be better than they have been.

Last night, E'Twan Moore, Favors and Jrue Holiday were all DNP.  I am not sure how long Alvin Gentry is going to keep that job.

That said, when will Draymond be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.  He isn't used to getting his betting beat often thing.

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Jackie Mac on the new Nets. Not quite the usual incisive story, a lot of kumbaya optimism, but one nugget for those of us on Kyrie Schadenfreude Watch:

There has already been leeway to allow Irving to march to his own drum. The Nets are willing to look past moments like the photo shoot at the Pearl TV Tower in China, when Irving refused to remove his hat and instructed them to photoshop it out.

This piece makes a big deal out of Irving, Durant, and DeAndre Jordan coming to the Nets together.  Of course, Jordan isn't starting. And Durant won't put on a Net uniform until next year, when he will not necessarily be "Kevin Durant", but, rather, a player coming off an injury and a year of rehab at the age of 32. 

Of these three players, Jordan is going to be the one who contributes to the Nets the most, assuming that he is mature enough not to mind coming off the bench. But I have a funny Netsy feeling that the team is going to get from Durant about as much as it got from Jeremy Lin and Alonzo Mourning.

And I fully expect that Irving is going to be a huge headache. Ol' Flat Earth is so flaky that Iverson is off somewhere going "That's guy's a nut." I mean, Deron Williams was moody; but, compared to this guy, he was a totally together dude. Jason Kidd was also moody — and, as it turns out, more than a little bit treacherous. But he was also consistently a genius on the court, and he taught teammates who had internalised losing how to win; in this respect, he was like the Nets' version of Tom Seaver.  Kidd, despite his character flaws, galvanised his teammates and won their respect. Whereas, I am willing to bet that Irving's effect on his teammates is going to be not so much "galvanising" as "baffling".

After seeing Deron Williams in action with the Nets for a while, with his periods of brilliance alternating with long stretches of indifference, I can remember thinking to myself "You know, that Devin Harris was pretty good."  Likewise, I believe that it won't be long before Net fans will be pining nostalgically for D'Angelo Russell.

We'll see.  I hope the Nets succeed with ol' Flat Earth.  But I doubt it.  The team dodged a bullet back in 2011 or 2012 when it didn't obtain the volatile Dwight Howard in the long-rumoured trade for the rock-solid Brook Lopez. The acquisition of Irving seems like a move that could scuttle morale just as easily as trading for Howard would surely have done.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

18 hours ago, DG_Now said:

In this new NBA season, I really thought the Pelicans would be better than they have been.

I think they would have been, if everyone, and especially Zion was healthy. He was every bit the monster in the preseason he was expected to be. Such a shame.

Sixers are 4-0 and next 4 are on the road (@ Portland, Phoenix, Utah, Denver), and presumably some of those games will be without Embiid.

Bucks are up on Boston now, and then are @ Orlando, home for Toronto, @ Minnesota, and @ LAC.

What does it mean? Not much this early, but losing a great player for a spell due to fighting may matter in May/June.

Plus the Bucks get to play Minnesota without KAT.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Spicy P is on fire.

Semi-unrelated, but:
Toronto FC is headed to the Major League Soccer Final for the 3rd time in 4 years. So,

The Raptors are defending NBA champions, TFC won a title in 2017 and could win another this year, and even the Argonauts have 3 championships since 2000.

And then there's the Leafs...priorities, Toronto sports fans...that's all I'm saying.

HOU vs. WAS was crazy...It was 77-76 at the half...then they really started scoring in the second half...(159-158, no OT)

https://www.google.com/search?q=rockets+wizards&oq=rockets+wizards&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3955j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h53mzb76;3;/m/05jvx;dt;fp;1;;

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived