2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blazers were up 20 at home against the Sixers late in the third, but lost! Philly is the last unbeaten team in the NBA. Trust surrounding young talent with key trades and smart free agent signings (aka, trust the general way of doing things that doesn't require sacrificing seasons as a goal in and of itself).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Dwight Howard was 7-7 in 21 minutes with 14 points, 13 boards and 2 blocks in a Lakers win on the road against SA.

And Dwight was trash just three months ago! Amazing.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Dwight Howard was 7-7 in 21 minutes with 14 points, 13 boards and 2 blocks in a Lakers win on the road against SA.

And Dwight was trash just three months ago! Amazing.

He was phenomenal for the Lakers tonight. Never thought I’d ever say that again.

And it also looks like LeBron is back, which is bad news for the rest of the league. Maybe getting all of that rest this offseason actually helped him. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

41 minutes ago, Wings said:

Warriors now 2000-1 to win the NBA Championship. 

AD to his hometown Bulls? Nah, I think he resigns with the Lakers in the off season. 

Four reasons not to go back to Chicago:

Michael Reinsdorf

Gar Forman

John Paxson

Jim Boylen

14 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Four reasons not to go back to Chicago:

Michael Reinsdorf

Gar Forman

John Paxson

Jim Boylen

I could see AD doing a series of two-year deals with player options in the second, like LeBron used to do.

LA will likely need another impact free agent next off-season, and I'm not sure when they're going to have the room to do that. Giannis is the big prize in 2021, if he makes it that far. I'm assuming the Lakers want to see Giannis and AD together, potentially with LeBron taking significantly less if he's still around then.

8 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I could see AD doing a series of two-year deals with player options in the second, like LeBron used to do.

LA will likely need another impact free agent next off-season, and I'm not sure when they're going to have the room to do that. Giannis is the big prize in 2021, if he makes it that far. I'm assuming the Lakers want to see Giannis and AD together, potentially with LeBron taking significantly less if he's still around then.

Bulls seem hell-bent on building around Zach Lavine meanwhile Otto Porter makes $27M, half of which he's already gotten received.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago_bulls/

Jim Boylen is already trashing his entire roster for not trying hard enough, as if yet another crappy Bulls roster is just supposed to will itself to victory every night on sheer effort alone, as if being the coach with the worst pain-in-the-ass-to-results ratio has nothing to do with how his players play. I can't believe this guy is an NBA coach. Not even Skiles and Thibodeau were this dense in how to treat human beings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lakers lost another one they would have lost last year. They were down 18 in the third, started the fourth on a 29-4 run, and that was that.

LeBron is averaging 11 assists a game.

26 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Lakers lost another one they would have lost last year. They were down 18 in the third, started the fourth on a 29-4 run, and that was that.

LeBron is averaging 11 assists a game.

You mean LAL won tonight.

Looking at the box score, LeBron with 35 minutes still looks like a problem when playing a $hitty team like the Bulls.  However, the numbers from Dwight, Kuzma, Quinn Cook, and Caruso look fine and that's without Rondo. who they need to save up for Playoff Rondo.

Archived