MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

49 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Which is somehow better than how attendance is in Oakland at this point lol

Beat me to it. They could play anywhere else at this point and out draw what they’re getting in Oakland. These last few months have made the Expos final season seem enviable, which is impressive in a sad way.

• Like 3

Las Vegas is basically the Thanos of pro sports, because they want to collect all of the major league sports teams, like Thanos did with the Infinity Stones.  

They weren't content with the NHL so they wanted an NFL team.  Once they got an NFL team, they weren't content with that either, and now they want an MLB team.  Once they get the A's, they will want an NBA team and an MLS team and won't be completely satisfied until they have an NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL and MLS teams but even then, they probably want more.  

Sooner or later, this will all end up backfiring for Las Vegas.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

21 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Las Vegas is basically the Thanos of pro sports, because they want to collect all of the major league sports teams, like Thanos did with the Infinity Stones.  

They weren't content with the NHL so they wanted an NFL team.  Once they got an NFL team, they weren't content with that either, and now they want an MLB team.  Once they get the A's, they will want an NBA team and an MLS team and won't be completely satisfied until they have an NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL and MLS teams but even then, they probably want more.  

Uhhh...let's pop the brakes there for a second. I'm sure the fine denizens of Vegas would/did welcome the pro sports teams but...it's the owners that wanted Vegas, not necessarily the other way around. (And judging from c couple chats I had with the locals/natives last time I was out there, very few cared about the Raiders and just about none of them care for the A's moving in.)

But yes...sooner or later all that very well could end up backfiring on the town.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

36 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Uhhh...let's pop the brakes there for a second. I'm sure the fine denizens of Vegas would/did welcome the pro sports teams but...it's the owners that wanted Vegas, not necessarily the other way around. (And judging from c couple chats I had with the locals/natives last time I was out there, very few cared about the Raiders and just about none of them care for the A's moving in.)

But yes...sooner or later all that very well could end up backfiring on the town.

I just don't think Las Vegas should automatically get an NBA team because their Vegas and already has a relationship with the NBA through the Summer League.  If anything I think the 32nd WNBA team should be Louisville or even Kansas City.   They also should not be in the running for future MLS expansion and was very happy they didn't become the 30th MLS team and if MLS goes 32 it should be Indianapolis and Louisville (if Lou City gets a major financial backer) or Phoenix (if Phoenix Rising ever gets a long term stadium solution).

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

You’re wrong their, it’s the teams that wanted to play in Vegas and they simply accepted them.

I can't tell if New York New York is in that shot, but it would be ironic if the team with the New York skyline visible from its park isn't a New York team.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Welp, Nevada legislative session ends with no vote on the A's stadium. Gov can still call for a special session - have to imagine that would only happen if there's confidence the vote would pass.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Now I'm hoping Nevada tells Fisher and Kaval to go shove it, just to see what they try to pull next...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Y'all. Barbara Lee is threatening MLB's anti-trust exception over the A's to Vegas move. Rob Manfred might actually destroy this league   "As a federal legislator, I believe such actions are inconsistent with federal policy goals related to the MLB's exemption from antitrust scrutiny."      

I'm not a lawyer, but I've studied the legal and political side of sports in undergrad. The league is :censored:ed if Brett Kavanaugh's decision on college athletics is anything to go by. More than 100 years of precedent thrown away for greed. Like, calling them icarus would almost be too on the nose

• Like 1

Yawn.  Threatening the antitrust exemption is nothing more than political grandstanding.  It's been done a hundred times.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Y'all. Barbara Lee is threatening MLB's anti-trust exception over the A's to Vegas move. Rob Manfred might actually destroy this league   "As a federal legislator, I believe such actions are inconsistent with federal policy goals related to the MLB's exemption from antitrust scrutiny."      

I'm not a lawyer, but I've studied the legal and political side of sports in undergrad. The league is :censored:ed if Brett Kavanaugh's decision on college athletics is anything to go by. More than 100 years of precedent thrown away for greed. Like, calling them icarus would almost be too on the nose

There's as much chance of Barbara Lee getting MLB's anti-trust exemption taken away as I do of winning the run for US President I'm not now, nor ever will make.  She doesn't have the pull, the ability, or the votes to get that done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Watching the special session of the Nevada Legislature and I realized one thing:

- I think one of the dude's name is Jeremy Aguero?  He needs to say it at least 100 more times for me to know for sure.

Watching this special session reminds me of how insane certain aspects of our democracy can be. These people are praying and doing the pledge of allegiance, and reading inane :censored: that everyone is already aware of at 11:45pm simply to take a few votes.  Nevermind the brain dead fools on the public comment period preceding it.