MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

I like how the architecture is similar to the University of Tampa's.

I'm about to move to St. Pete though, so they better not move over to the city! I like the idea of having it in downtown St. Pete on the water.

I'm about to move to St. Pete though, so they better not move over to the city! I like the idea of having it in downtown St. Pete on the water.

How about they actually put it on the water? Then they'd really be the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Heh. I like the idea of floating baseball stadium. Parking would be a bit of problem, however...

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nah, just dock your yacht next to the stadium! Or you could have a parking garage on the mainland and have a train or shuttle for people to ride, if their not to lazy to walk across a bridge. That would be a sweet stadium.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

How about they actually put it on the water? Then they'd really be the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Heh. I like the idea of floating baseball stadium. Parking would be a bit of problem, however...

Well, one of the sites was Florida Power Park/Al Lang Stadium, which is right across the street from the water. That would be an excellent place.

• 4 months later...

Yep, looks like Montreal's Olympic Stadium. Is that what you were waiting for? :D

Looks pretty cool, really unique way of doing the roof, guess it wouldn't be entirely enclosed.

Take off the roof thing and it kinda looks like Kaufmann Stadium as well.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

This whole thing reminds me of what San Diego did with Petco Park, renovating an area of the city, centered around the Ballpark.

It almost reminds me of the Grand Avenue Project in Los Angeles as well, with the exception that there's no ballpark.

If you wanted to stretch it, you could say that this is sort of like L.A. Live as well, substituting Staples Center with the new ballpark.

Official Site of Major League Downtown (This whole St. Pete project)

Great site, really informative.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

They'll never get the $450 million they need to build this thing. Look at the problems the Marlins have had securing funding for their proposed new park. And Tampa's put a worse product on the field.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Ballpark Stats

"Mast and Arch" retractable roof design will provide a shelter from sun & rain and capture bay breezes while retaining the character of an open air ballpark & preserving sweeping views of the skyline and waterfront.

Conditioned concourses and cool zones will be provided to maximize comfort for all fans.

The state-of-the-art roof can deploy in 6-8 minutes.

The ballpark's intimate design will recreate the felling of Spring Training year round. Nearly two-thirds of all seats will be located in the lower portion of the seating bowl.

The ballpark will offer a variety of new seating options at reasonable price points for the general public, including families. Only a very small percentage of seats will be on a Club Level or in Luxury Suites.

Family-friendly amenities will be found throughout the ballpark, continuing the Rays commitment to providing fun and affordable family entertainment.

There will be a large number of eating and drinking options in the new ballpark, including a two-story bar with a large outdoor deck down the right field

line overlooking he field and the bay.

New public open spaces surrounding the ballpark will link waterfront destinations and provide a forum for civic, cultural, community and entertainment gatherings and events throughout the year.

Public art, creative water features and innovative landscaping will ring the ballpark, creating distinctive amenities for all to enjoy.

New shops and restaurants will further activate 1st Street.

The waterfront esplanade along Bayshore Drive will be transformed into a game-day amenity with activities, food vendors and entertainment.

The ballpark will be fully accessible and serve the needs of all patrons.

The Rays will be hiring an accessibility consultant to help plan and design for the best fan experience possible for guests with disabilities.

12,000 parking spaces are located within a 15 minute walk of the site, significantly more than what currently exists within the same walking distance from Tropicana Field.

Over 5,000 parking spaces will be constructed nearby as part of the redevelopment of Tropicana Field, and additional parking will be constructed adjacent to the ballpark.

A detailed traffic management and parking study will be created in cooperation with the City and downtown stakeholders to ensure orderly ingress and egress.

Traffic agents and real-time signage will help all patrons get to open parking lots as quickly and efficiently as possible.

By moving from Tropicana Field to the new ballpark, the Rays are reducing their carbon footprint by almost 70%.

Additionally, the Rays? commitment to sustainable design and LEED certification will make the new ballpark one of the most environmentally-friendly stadiums in North America.

The financing details are still under discussion, but the project will be a huge financial net positive for the City and County.

The ballpark will funded through a private contribution from the Rays, a portion of the value created from redeveloping the Tropicana Field site, and limited funding from the State of Florida.

It is important to note that no new taxes will be levied and no funds that could otherwise be used to support city or county services will be used to fund the ballpark.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Eh.

I give them credit for attempting to create a more modern look similar to the Marlin's proposed stadium. In the end, they probably won't build it as shown...not sure if thats a bad thing to be quite honest.

Hopefully they'll stick to this style of park and not try to build a retro park because the team doesn't have the history to match such a look IMO. Modern is the way to go. It would seem kind of weird for a team that came into MLB in the late 90's to play in a park reminiscent of historic old parks.

Maybe its just me, but I'm getting a little sick of 'retro' parks. Kudos to Washington for building the modern park they're building right now. It looks great, and doesn't copy anything else thats been built in the last decade or so.