MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

Unless Oakland somehow comes up with a stadium, I think it's either lawsuit or possibly contraction. Unlike the NFL and LA, MLB has no markets to use to black male anyone. Portland A's? Charlotte A's? Montreal A's? I don't think so.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Unless Oakland somehow comes up with a stadium, I think it's either lawsuit or possibly contraction. Unlike the NFL and LA, MLB has no markets to use to black male anyone. Portland A's? Charlotte A's? Montreal A's? I don't think so.

Picturing this made me laugh.

Post any news whenever it comes about the Oakland Athletics possible relocation. Bump this thread if new news arrives later on.

There is no news about the A's possible relocation because no one is actually talking about the A's relocating. Selig made an off the cuff comment that the press then ran in a thousand different directions with and sensationalized the hell out of. End of story. The A's aren't moving anywhere outside their current Bay Area home, have no interest in doing so, and MLB has not approved any such move. End of story.

That pretty much is it, but I will bet you anything this topic will be at three pages by Tuesday anyway.

1337545334' post='1812891']

I was with a girl who had been black maled before. God was she disappointed when she saw what I was working with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1- Earlier this month, the CEO of Oakland-based Clorox (Oakland's only Fortune 500 company), Don Knauss, was with city representatives to address Athletics' ownership at a press conference to support keeping the team in Oakland.

2- While Lew Wolff is the face/mouth of team ownership, he is NOT the wallet.

The majority owner of the team is actually John Fisher, who inherited his fortune from his late father, Donald Fisher- founder of The Gap.

If the Warriors are leaving, could they do this?

1. When the Warriors move out, tear down Oracle and build a new baseball park in its place.

2. Then tear down the circular part of the Coliseum and rebuild the other half like a football stadium for the Raiders. Raiders could play at Candlestick or Santa Clara for a year or two.

Then they'd have a Coliseum sports complex like the one in Kansas City, for the price of 1 1/2 stadia.

Edit: I usually am really careful with spelling!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

If the Warriors are leaving, could they do this?

1. When the Warriors move out, tear down Oracle and build a new baseball park in its place.

2. Then tear down the circular part of the Coliseum and rebuild the other half like a football stadium for the Raiders. Raiders could play at Candlestick or Santa Clara for a year or two.

Then they'd have a Coliseum sports complex like the one in Kansas City, for the price of 1 1/2 stadia.

Edit: I usually am really careful with spelling!

Problem is money. Who would pay for it? Oakland has less than nothing to contribute and the A's ownership and MLB have shown no interest in privately building on the current Coliseum Complex site. They want to be in a downtown, namely San Jose's.

^^ no interest??

Yes, no interest. Wolff has publicly stated repeatedly that his goal is to build a ballpark in the A's current Bay Area market. Not out of state or out of region. If San Jose is denied that may change, but for now with the status quo the A's aren't going anywhere outside the Bay Area.

1337545334' post='1812891']

I was with a girl who had been black maled before. God was she disappointed when she saw what I was working with.

Rimshot.gif

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Hypothetical question:

If the A's move to San Jose, where would the San Jose Giants move to keep the current California League divisional dynamics?

Oakland!:P Couldn't resist

A couple of cities come to mind: Santa Rosa or Salinas

It's not THAT far fetched. Still there's actually no reason the San Jose Giants have to move anywhere. Wolff has said he won't force them out and unless he does they're not obligated to move.

• 1 year later...

Bud Selig calls for a resolution to the Rays stadium woes, but say relocation is not an option.

http://ballparkdigest.com/201308156528/major-league-baseball/news/selig-time-to-resolve-tampa-bay-rays-ballpark-situation

More talk from Bud without any action. He still needs to do something about the A's. They could've been in San Jose by now.

As for the Rays, if they could get out of their lease, I think they should at least consider relocation.

Candidates could include:

Omaha - TD Ameritrade Park is expandable to 35,000, the most move-in-ready option

Montreal - They want baseball back, but Olympic Stadium is in bas shape

Orlando - Would keep the Rays near their fan base, Champion Stadium for temp. home

San Antonio - They're considering a new expandable stadium downtown for the Missions

Portland - Without any baseball since the Beavers left, but no ballpark

Las Vegas - They are also considering an expandable AAA stadium, but gambling is an issue

Charlotte - The brand new BB&T Ballpark could be expanded

Nashville - They haven't been able to get a new minor league stadium built

Newark - I think New York could support a third team, but there are territorial issues

Long shots - Monterrey or Mexico City, San Juan, Norfolk, Vancouver, Austin, Hartford, Louisville